Corona-Virus, don't panic, personal experience in Pattaya

galenjones

35 minutes ago, Orac said:

I will have you know that WHO have 4.7m likes on their facebook page so are clearly well aware of the situation though sadly well behind Kim Kardashian on 29m who is must  a global expert on the subject.

Ok, that does it. 

Global warming

Global climate change

Global pandemic

Global trade war

KIm Kardashian Global expert.

Globalism is pandemic it seems; Time to go back to a flat earth, maybe?  ????

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i think in Pattaya we've dodged a bullet not having an outbreak with all the Chinese that were here, but I'm skeptical reporting is accurate

Keep in mind that lucky Pattaya also has no prostitution and no HIV cases...so it's no surprise that it doesn't have any coronavirus case...

Meanwhile Pattaya city hall has just ordered a new batch of canes for the blinds...that run this city...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Keep in mind that lucky Pattaya also has no prostitution and no HIV cases...so it's no surprise that it doesn't have any coronavirus case...

Meanwhile Pattaya city hall has just ordered a new batch of canes for the blinds...that run this city...

You can't talk about the one eyed King. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, galenjones said:

I have a lot of Thai friends who worked in restaurants that only hosted Chinese groups. The sad thing is that these friends have all lost their jobs.

Then it is imperative that you Unfriend all of these people.

Facebook friends in Thailand are not 'Friends'. You will find out when requests for 'short term' help comes in..

Oh, 'short term' here is just a bit less than eternity...

19 hours ago, galenjones said:

I am still concerned, but we should inform each other about different experiences. None of the members of Thai-Visa is a Facebook friend of mine or wanted to become. My topic is seriously, no joke.

No one is panicking in Pattaya/Jomtien, except maybe you and your Facebook-friends. 

20 hours ago, galenjones said:

I have been watching the development of this global pandemic with great concern for weeks. My detailed information should only serve to ensure that no unfounded panic is spread. If someone has different experiences in this forum, we should inform each other. Thank you!

Well we are still Waiting for your detailed Information, When ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Number one why don't you tell us where everyone can be tested in pattaya and how many are being tested when having flu like symptoms?  It's easy for the hospitals to simply say you have the flu now go home.  Plain and simple they are doing little to no testing here.  And number two do you think anyone wants to say "I have the virus" they will be either fired from work, quarantined or treated as a pariah. Your facebook research proves nothing.

Edited by tlandtday
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, galenjones said:

I have a lot of Thai friends who worked in restaurants that only hosted Chinese groups. The sad thing is that these friends have all lost their jobs.

Very pertinent point. This job losses occuring across the tourist sector in Thailand and its neighbours are a real cause for concern not being addressed, as far as one can see, by governments or the media.

With many nations already up to their eyeballs in debt, the global economic repercussions from the corona virus scare could well prove even more damaging and long-lasting than the effects on public health.

• Like 2

Been in Pattaya 5 months and you have loads of Thai friends + 1,500 Face Book friends.

I'm 75 and have a few friends.

you have been busy, that's more than 10 new friends every day then! 

I guarantee you could not write three interesting facts about every one of your host of 'friends'.

And they're not 'friends' - they are 'collectables' - in the loosest descriptive manner possible!

• Like 2

Based on the current worldwide population of about 8billion, 1500 Facebook friends, and the Coronavirus current infection rate approaching 100000, you should have seen at least a 0.01875 part of one of these Facebook friends displaying some sort of Corona symptoms.  

On 2/26/2020 at 2:20 PM, metempsychotic said:

What detailed information did you give other than the number of facebook freinds you have?

the beer cold would be all over Facebook (the CIA watching "you" platform) pretty quick

that would make facebook useful for a change

BREAKING: Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Thursday asked all elementary, junior high and high schools nationwide to close from Monday through the students’ spring break, which typically ends in early April.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/02/27/national/hokkaido-coronavirus-school/

Pope Francis sick a day after supporting coronavirus sufferers

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/pope-francis-sick-a-day-after-supporting-coronavirus-sufferers/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

BREAKING: Iran's former ambassador to the Vatican, Hadi Khosroshahi, has died of coronavirus - IRNA

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233052330460884998

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pravda said:

Lol at 1500 Facebook friends.

I have a fake Facebook account with a profile picture of vegemite and have over 3000 "friends" which I use it to troll on Thai expat groups. 

Thank god we have OP with such an id-depth insider knowledge of coronavirus.

Im laughing at the fact that facebook is now primarily used only by the elderly.

Another billy nomates who adds every other sad git as a friend on fb to feel popular,i have a lot of mates who i grew up with & worked with (worldwide) but only have relly close mates & family 18+,i get a lot of friend requests from people that know me but i just rehect,if it's a idiot i accept then tell them to fxxx off & block em,people want to spy on you,so be careful who you add

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

BREAKING: Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Thursday asked all elementary, junior high and high schools nationwide to close from Monday through the students’ spring break, which typically ends in early April.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/02/27/national/hokkaido-coronavirus-school/

Pope Francis sick a day after supporting coronavirus sufferers

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/pope-francis-sick-a-day-after-supporting-coronavirus-sufferers/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

BREAKING: Iran's former ambassador to the Vatican, Hadi Khosroshahi, has died of coronavirus - IRNA

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233052330460884998

So the Vatican is infected...not good news since I intended to apply for a passport there, knowing that citizens of the Vatican are exempt of visa to enter and stay in Thailand...damn it!

On 2/26/2020 at 2:55 PM, Clive said:

I have 60 Facebook friends.

I am only friends with people that I can either visit or phone.

Regarding Coronavirus let's put it into perspective. The common flu kills so many more than this annually but doesn't receive this media frenzy.

On a positive note the numbers in China appear to have platoed.

You believe the Chinese government? I hope you are correct.

• Like 1

OK, I did a quick Google. Between 30,000 and 60,000 people per year DIE of the normal flu virus, despite all our vaccination efforts.  Now we have a panic and global financial catastrophe over a virus that has killed far less. Just saying people. This virus will blend in and become a part of the normal death toll of which we have been normalized.