30 medics quarantined after infected patient lied after visiting high-risk country

webfact

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

and how many of these 30 have been in contact with their families?

their kids going to school?

gone shopping at night market?

or to a Wat? 

rode in a bus or minivan?

works in a restaurant? 

endlessly on and on...

And his family, friends and where ever he has been since he developed the symptoms ?

Edited by Jumbo1968
Additional info

17 hours ago, Creasy said:

Didn't they ask him any questions when he passed through immigration ?

I find this interesting. The whole airplane is suspect, the crew, everyone who interacted with the crew, other passengers, flew on the plane before it (if ever) it was disinfected, etc... Heck, hope the guy didn't use public transportation system to get home from the airport. 

BTW, it is just another flu during flu season.

• Confused 1

If a Westerner and indeed many other country's citizens are accused of lying they will be greatly offended. In Thailand you will mostly get a smile accompanied by a denial. It's just not considered a big insult. Lying is just part of the game here. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

If a Westerner and indeed many other country's citizens are accused of lying they will be greatly offended. In Thailand you will mostly get a smile accompanied by a denial. It's just not considered a big insult. Lying is just part of the game here. 

5 moral precepts of Buddhism, think lying is in there !

1. to refrain from taking life, ie killing any living creature
  2. to refrain from taking what is not freely given, ie theft
  3. to refrain from misuse of the senses or sexual misconduct, ie overindulgence in sex or committing sexual offences
  4. to refrain from wrong speech, ie lying or gossiping
  5. to refrain from intoxicants that cloud the mind, ie drugs or alcohol

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

That is a very confusing post you made.

Where in my post is there any sign of support for this Administration?

Answer... nowhere.

My post was about a very ignorant/ selfish person, putting so many others at risk.

Granted my post may seem to be very confusing or even somewhat obtuse.The only sign of taking the side of the Administration in this case I see is the lack of placing the responsibility of dealing with cases of suspected COVID 19 with the health care system which as Anutin himself espoused anybody could be a carrier of the SARS COV 2 virus.If the Thai health system is relying solely on the honesty of the Thai people instead of treating everybody as a suspected carrier of this virus then they have only themselves to blame and not someone frightened panicked individual.By placing the blame for endangering the lives of others for being ignorant and selfish seems to me to be using him as a scapegoat for the current outbreak by the Administration who have released his confidential medical status to the general public which is in many countries is protected by law.It seems to me that the Health Minister himself is responsible for protecting the health and wellbeing of it's citizens which the Minister as so often said that he is doing.It seems to me that he is doing a very poor job and should resign.So I will apologise if you feel I've made you out to be a Steven100 which was not my intention,my intention was to voice my surprise that you did not also point the finger at the Administration which is your usual modus operandi.If you are not 10 times more confused after reading this post then I have performed poorly.

23 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

What an absolute prik!  There should be a charge pending for reckless endangerment.  Look how many people have been put at risk. The first person to succumb to the virus should signal police action.

He’s not the first or last unfortunately 

But Thai have it all under control!!!!

Really?!

What about all those out or the way land boarder crossings, villages and so on. 

Thai should think again before making their usual hot air, cannot loose face, we are better than all other races, false statements...

On 2/26/2020 at 4:48 PM, bluesofa said:

I've probably misunderstood this, but could the staff contract it within 24 hours of exposure? I thought there was a 14 day quarantine period, as the virus can't be detected 'immediately'.

During the sars epidemic I knew a man who had been standing next to a counter girl in a shop in Hong Kong, he is thinking that she looks like she will keel over looking so sick. He got back to the states and came down with sars, he surived and I got the story from him after he got out of the hospital. So if that is any indicator it may not take much to make you sick

19 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Japan is one of the worse affected countries.

I have read there are over 800 cases.

Don't forget the Diamond Princes is anchored there and, with inadequate quarantine measures on board, is producing more infected passengers daily.  

Wrong, 207 as of today. Try checking your facts..... Diamond Princess is not counted as Japan but as an 'international conveyance'.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

5 hours ago, rickudon said:

Wrong, 207 as of today. Try checking your facts..... Diamond Princess is not counted as Japan but as an 'international conveyance'.

A ship with 700 cases in port at Yokohama.

You and your sources can be as pedantic as you like, the ship is in Japan, the infected are being transported to hospitals there, the cases are in the country. 

You could get a job with the stats department in the Thai health ministry. Perhaps they're not counting cases in country, but infected elsewhere, also.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1