Coronavirus and border runs

21 minutes ago, HaleySabai said:

What the hell is going on in Burma,for all we know there could be a major outbreak of Corona.

Myanmar (and Laos) are strangely absent from the list of case numbers. Most likely is they're terrified of outsiders from any country where infections are known to be present. 

15 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

Meanwhile...in the hell-realm on the other side of the border the Myanmar immigration office/shack/cubical was packed with 11-Chins,all wearing masks...so was I. 

Even worse at Mae Sot. Was there before the virus outbreak and the little Burmese immigration booth was jam packed with about 20 Chinese , myself  and three stressed out immigration officers.

Avoid this crossing.

I successfully got 60 day extension to my visa, which means that I didn't have to do a border run at this time. This means a lot. Thank you @ubonjoe for the idea of this possibility!

I was also told that this can be only done once after border crossing. 

As my wife is visible not in her best condition, pretty much everybody at the immigration office simply wanted to help and make things as easy as possible. The whole process was smooth and fast, even if I had forgotten some of the paperwork. 

A bit funny detail was that the immigration officer, who made the decision to speed and smooth things up, refused to talk any English to me. He said, that as I have lived so long in Thailand, I have to be able to talk to him in Thai.. and I did, understanding half, being able to say way less than half. I liked that attitude ????

I also got a lot of help, along with good ideas and advices, how to go forward, from a Immigration volunteer.

It's been a while since I felt that not the whole world is against one or two. Today was a good day.

• 2 weeks later...

It strikes me that this thread is now redundant and replaced by this thread:

If UbonJoe or some other admin agrees, this thread should be closed. Apologies however if I got that call wrong.

41 minutes ago, Milas said:

As of yesterday.. u can no longer do border run from Mae Sai - Myanmar , without an Visa to enter Myanmar they won’t let you in... learned the hard way 

and not possible right now to get a e-visa entering by land, so you must go to myanmar embassy in bangkok beforehand to obtain visa. but at that point im assuming someone would just fly into myanmar. 

Edited by at15