Economic heart failure is all PM’s fault, says opposition

snoop1130

3 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Not knowing the man's name has no impact whatever upon whether or not what he says is correct. I believe it to be correct and I didn't recognise his name, but then I don't hang on every world uttered by self-styled 'celebrities'.

Prayuth is a pretender; he thought that staus and position would enhance his barami; the dunderhead didn't even know that exactly the reverse is true. And neither does his Foreign Secretary who is also ridiculed in foreign government circles.

As for the causes of the poor economic performance, the exchange rate of the THB and the coronavirus most certainly have had an impact, but this has been a trend for 9 months and both factors only came to light more recently than that.

This gentleman (even though is is a Thai SS, with all that implies) seems to me to be propounding lucid and correct assessments of Mr Prayuth's performance, one of only a very few Thais who have been able or prepared to do that.

We are talking why tourism is declining, what ever you think of him, he isn't the reason for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Not sure little P can take all the blame, the people above him are calling the real shots, but the last few years have been pretty disastrous in all aspects.

I really couldn't think of many positives at all. 

You can not think of any because there are none and just like you I am failing to see the benefits for the ones destroying the country .

unless it done to make sure most are poor and in debt and such easily controlled but then when people are poor crime always goes up.

it is of course also a possibility that he/they just incapable

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Not sure little P can take all the blame, the people above him are calling the real shots, but the last few years have been pretty disastrous in all aspects.

I really couldn't think of many positives at all. 

Absolute rubbish your in wonderland

14 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Indeed. I've been saying that world leaders shun this pretender for some time, based on watching their body language and other non-verbal communication. Sorry to say 'I told you so' but I told you so...

So much for his fatuous and self-serving claims of increasing world influence and the closeness of his relationship to other world leaders that he and the perfectly awful Foreign Minister have lied about....

Busted.

Criminals 

21 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Most of the countries higher than Thailand on that list you linked to are there because a largee proportion of the population take out mortgages. That number in Thailand is small in comparison and the debts are for cars, bikes and smartphones. And remember those figures don't include loans from friends, family and loan sharks.

It's very different here.

The theory sounds good but I doubt that you can support that argument with statistics. A quick glance suggests consumer debt is circa 8 trillion and mortgage debt from the nine major banks equals 3 trillion, that doesn't include credit union lending or finance houses etc or government lending to employees, I'm guessing perhaps 6 trillion in total mortgage lending - dunno how that stacks up against other countries consumer lending.

https://www.bot.or.th/Thai/Statistics/Graph/Chart_Pack/Chart Pack.pdf

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/economy/thai-banks-report-strong-mortgage-growth-despite-aprils-new-loan-regulations

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, saengd said:

The theory sounds good but I doubt that you can support that argument with statistics. A quick glance suggests consumer debt is circa 8 trillion and mortgage debt from the nine major banks equals 3 trillion, that doesn't include credit union lending or finance houses etc or government lending to employees, I'm guessing perhaps 6 trillion in total mortgage lending - dunno how that stacks up against other countries consumer lending.

https://www.bot.or.th/Thai/Statistics/Graph/Chart_Pack/Chart Pack.pdf

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/economy/thai-banks-report-strong-mortgage-growth-despite-aprils-new-loan-regulations

You love your statistics saengd!

• Haha 2