Tourist Visa Extension 30 days, when is the best time to do?

So I & family have arrived in Bangkok since last week. I came with 60 days tourist visa. My return ticket date mid of May, which mean i have to extend my tourist visa to another 30 days.

Question:

1. When can i extend my current visa? (I've only been here for a week) should i wait until the next 30 days? Today i've just read that Thai Gov has officially announced phase 3 public health awareness due to new case of Covid19, so i am thinking to apply for extension as earlier as possible before the city is in complete lockdown (like those in South Korea & Wuhan)

2. My pregnant wife (8.5mo) & 2 kids are coming along to Chaeng Wattana. They are Thais and i bring them just in case those officials ask for visible proof (they did ask for proof back in 2016, i had to went back and picked up my pregnant wife then returned to ChaengWattana just so officials could see). So, when is the best day & time to visit Chaeng Wattana? Considering all these air pollution and Covid-19 virus, we would really prefer to go when there are less people and less queues.

3. What documents (original/copies) must i prepare? So far i have copies & original marriage certificate, original house book where my wife born, copies of passports & id cards of wife, i have not made copies of my passport & entry visa stamp yet but it can easily be done, and currently we live in Bangkok hospital guest house for 3 months until May so what kind of document must i ask the hospital to provide? Anything else of documents i am missing out?Do i need to provide copy of return ticket? Do i need my latest photo 6x4? How many? Background color?

Anything of useful information is very much appreciated.

Thank you

1. The earliest you can apply for the 30 day extension is 2 weeks at most immigration office.

Chaeng Wattana is not the only office in the country where you can apply for the extension if you have a local address to put on the application form.

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and family.

The have not started the 3rd stage of the controls yet. 

2. Early morning is best time to be at Chaeng Wattana.

3. To apply for the standard 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from a tourist visa is a copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. You wife does not need to be with you when you apply.

To apply for a 60 day extension you wife would need to be with you. Copies of your marriage certificate, copies of her house book registry and ID card. Plus the copies needed for the 30 day extension.

You need a completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

1. The earliest you can apply for the 30 day extension is 2 weeks at most immigration office.

Chaeng Wattana is not the only office in the country where you can apply for the extension if you have a local address to put on the application form.

3. To apply for the standard 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from a tourist visa is a copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. You wife does not need to be with you when you apply.

To apply for a 60 day extension you wife would need to be with you. Copies of your marriage certificate, copies of her house book registry and ID card. Plus the copies needed for the 30 day extension.

Thank you. For standard 30 days tourist visa extension, do i also need 4x6 photo, copy of marriage certificate, house book registry, copy of her ID card & passport too?

Other than Chaeng Wattana, where else in Bangkok can i apply for standard 30day tourist visa extension? I assume Chaeng Wattan will be packed with foreigners all day long and that situation will increase the factor of Covid19 infection, thus i'd really prefer to avoid such risk if possible. Maybe smaller quiet immigration offices somewhere hidden in Bangkok?

Thank you

32 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Thank you. For standard 30 days tourist visa extension, do i also need 4x6 photo, copy of marriage certificate, house book registry, copy of her ID card & passport too?

Nothing is needed other than what I wrote here plus the application form.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

36 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Other than Chaeng Wattana, where else in Bangkok can i apply for standard 30day tourist visa extension? I

That is the only location in Bangkok. There are offices in the surrounding provinces though but you need a address for them to apply.

They are screening people before allowing people before the enter immigration Chaeng Wattana. That should reduce the risk somewhat.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:32 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is the only location in Bangkok. There are offices in the surrounding provinces though but you need a address for them to apply.

They are screening people before allowing people before the enter immigration Chaeng Wattana. That should reduce the risk somewhat.

Thank you very much for your help

On 2/27/2020 at 8:32 AM, ubonjoe said:

I forgot to ask, how much the cost to apply for standard tourist visa 30days extension? 

Thanks

Book an overnight vacation to Hua Hin.  Then visit immigration at Blue Port Mall.  If you avoid the morning rush, there will be just a handful of foreigners present... you might even be the only one. You will be in-and-out in 10-15 minutes.  AFAIK, for tourist extension you can go to any immigration office... just give the address of the hotel or Airbnb you have booked. 

At CW, as you know, once you get in that back room you will packed with thousands of others, all waiting & coughing. They do check your temp before entering the immigration department, but that is scant protection. 

Edited by USNret
clarity & grammar

On 2/29/2020 at 9:12 AM, USNret said:

Book an overnight vacation to Hua Hin.  Then visit immigration at Blue Port Mall.  If you avoid the morning rush, there will be just a handful of foreigners present... you might even be the only one. You will be in-and-out in 10-15 minutes.  AFAIK, for tourist extension you can go to any immigration office... just give the address of the hotel or Airbnb you have booked. 

At CW, as you know, once you get in that back room you will packed with thousands of others, all waiting & coughing. They do check your temp before entering the immigration department, but that is scant protection. 

Thank. But during this period of Covid19, Chaeng Wattana is still packed with tourists?? I've been reading in Bangkokpost that majority of tourist spots all over the world are much lesser of visitors, and i'd assume CW Immigration should be much lesser people too.

And when we arrived at Don Muang Airport, about 2 weeks ago on Saturday at 11.45AM, there were very few visitors on queue line of Immigration. Our flight was not even at its 35% seat-occupied.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 8:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

Hi uBonjoe, I hope you dont mind me asking few things,

Earlier i was planning to extend my 60 days Tourist Visa to another 30 Days but after reconsidering all possibilities of lockdown in Thailand, Malaysia, & Indonesia in future date, i figured it would be safer to apply for 60 days extension instead. Our family return ticket is dated May 15, 2020 (a 30-Day Extension is enough) but we might have to reschedule/postpone the flight if all governments impose travel ban/restriction.

Therefore 60-Day Extension (or previously you called it as Permission of Spouse Visitation -- on another different thread) is best to applied for this uncertain situation.

According to the requirement you listed, my wife must come with me to Chaeng Wattana? She is 36 weeks pregnant and i would rather she stays home during this time. Is there any way to "bypass" this certain requirement of her presence? I have all necessary documents ready except TM7, which btw how do i obtain this form? Would the official hand me this TM7 at register counter?

And how exactly should i tell the officials that i want an extra 60 days added to my Tourist Visa? Do i tell her/him i wish to apply 60-Days Extension based on Tourist Visa or do i say Application for Visitation Spouse? And how much the cost to apply for this 60-Days?

PS. Must i hand them the copy of printout for outbound flight of ours? But im not sure if it is needed since our return ticket is subject to rescheduled and i dont know how i should explain this to any officials there since they MIGHT require a proof of bank statement amount 400.000 baht which i dont have at all.

Thank you very much for your advices.

Edited by arfandy

33 minutes ago, arfandy said:

According to the requirement you listed, my wife must come with me to Chaeng Wattana? She is 36 weeks pregnant and i would rather she stays home during this time. Is there any way to "bypass" this certain requirement of her presence? I have all necessary documents ready except TM7, which btw how do i obtain this form?

They might wave her being with you if you had a letter from her doctor stating she should not do it. Or at least proof of some kind of proof for her not being with you.

Download: Fillable TM7 form.pdf  Or complete one they will give you.

34 minutes ago, arfandy said:

And how exactly should i tell the officials that i want an extra 60 days added to my Tourist Visa? Do i tell her/him i wish to apply 60-Days Extension based on Tourist Visa or do i say Application for Visitation Spouse? And how much the cost to apply for this 60-Days?

You 60 day entry from the tourist visa will be extended for 60 days to visit your wife.

On the TM7 form there is line to state the reason for your extension. You would write to visit my Thai wife.

34 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Must i hand them the copy of printout for outbound flight of ours?

Not needed.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They might wave her being with you if you had a letter from her doctor stating she should not do it. Or at least proof of some kind of proof for her not being with you.

Download: Fillable TM7 form.pdf  Or complete one they will give you.

You 60 day entry from the tourist visa will be extended for 60 days to visit your wife.

On the TM7 form there is line to state the reason for your extension. You would write to visit my Thai wife.

Not needed.

Thank you very much. 

And a letter from doctor/hospital will not be helpful at all. This comes from my personal experience back in 2017 during my wife 2nd pregnancy. I sent her to hospital, her attending doctor issued the paper, i left her with doctor and rushingly drove to chaeng wattana, one of the official required me to prove so i video call her and the doctor, they talked, official took me to small office to talk further to her supervisor, short story i had to drive back to hospital, picked up my wife and kid, brought them both along to this supervisor, then she issued me another 90 days extension on my Non-Imm O single entry visa. I pressume Tourist Visa should be even more stricter in requirements.

Edited by arfandy