WHO notes three latest virus cases in Thailand

snoop1130

WHO notes three latest virus cases in Thailand

By World Health Organization

800_e7f60dd1f28cf41.jpg

The World Health Organisation included in its daily update on the global COVID-19 situation for Wednesday (February 26) the three additional confirmed cases reported by Thailand the same day.

It noted that the three additions brought the total number of cases in Thailand to 40.

“The first new case is a 65-year-old Thai male” checked at a private hospital in Bangkok on Sunday. “The second is the wife of the first, who also travelled to Hokkaido and has mild symptoms,” the WHO said.

“The third case is the eight-year-old grandchild of the newly reported cases. The child has mild symptoms and did not travel outside Thailand.

“All contacts including family members, healthcare providers, classmates, airline crew, co-passengers and individuals who were in the same tour group [as the grandparents, to Japan] are being traced and investigated.”

The WHO said Thailand had 554 “persons under investigation”, including some being tested for the coronavirus or treated for respiratory infections.

This includes persons under treatment for pneumonia who are no longer suspected of having COVID-19, it said.

“As a result, the current Thai definition of a ‘person under investigation’ has been revised to include persons presenting with onset of fever and respiratory symptoms within 14 days of travel to Iran (new), Italy (new), Japan, Singapore and South Korea, as well as mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taipei and environs.

“The WHO reiterates that health screening and surveillance in Thailand – at points of entry as well as nationwide – are robust and capable of tracking suspected cases quickly, allowing health authorities to implement protocols to ensure isolation, contact tracing, testing and treatment of symptoms.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382904

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-26
  • Confused 2

According to Thais there are kon Thai (Thai people) and kon daeng (different people, others, outsiders, farang, kerk).  

Kon Thai are the only 'real people' and are strong and resilient and obviously more resistant to infection than common outsiders <cue Chart Thai).
Outsiders are weak.  <My wife told me this> Lol.  Anyway, this explains everything imho!  :thumbsup: 
So, when the rest of the world is in pandemic mode, Thailand will only have a handful of cases to report to WHO, and TAT will show an increase in tourist arrivals in their year-over-year statistics.  ????

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, connda said:

According to Thais there are kon Thai (Thai people) and kon daeng (different people, others, outsiders, farang, kerk).  

Kon Thai are the only 'real people' and are strong and resilient and obviously more resistant to infection than common outsiders <cue Chart Thai).
Outsiders are weak.  <My wife told me this> Lol.  Anyway, this explains everything imho!  :thumbsup: 
So, when the rest of the world is in pandemic mode, Thailand will only have a handful of cases to report to WHO, and TAT will show an increase in tourist arrivals in their year-over-year statistics.  ????

Can you ask your wife why there is a pharmacy every 100 meters in Thailand

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

You will ask your wife why the shelves of Thai pharmacies are full of Gaviscon and similar products;
the stomach of kon thai does not seem to me stronger than that of kon daeng ... :whistling:

Pretty sure the Gaviscon is reserved for me and the Thai Elite ... 400+ baht a bottle

3 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

You will ask your wife why the shelves of Thai pharmacies are full of Gaviscon and similar products;
the stomach of kon thai does not seem to me stronger than that of kon daeng ... :whistling:

Surely if the shelves are full its because no-one needs to buy those products because they have strong stomachs?

Edited by Traubert
Spelling.

23 hours ago, connda said:

Yes, Thais are naturally immune to HIV, ebola, influenza, corona, alien invasion and are also bulletproof. True marvels of nature, übermensch like never seen before. I guess they let others live longer so we wouldn't feel so inferior, given their shorter average lifespans.

• Haha 1