Visa Run recommendations Pattaya to Cambodia

Well it pretty hard to believe that this would not have been asked a million times but do you reckon I can find anything recent on it!

So basically I'm just wanting to cross the border to cancel my OA Visa and get a stamp for 30 days visa exempt. 

Never done a Visa run before and probably after just company recommendations. But as I have discovered you never know what information will come to light to change your thinking, so feel free to share.

Oh and there seems to be some slightly contradictory information so can somebody confirm that as an Australian citizen I will get a 30-day Visa free enduring by land?

Cheers in advance.

Yes you can get a visa exempt, assuming you haven't got a re entry permit on the OA.

I've used Maneerat a lot, they use a company that has 4 buses that go to Ban Pakard daily and are well organised and good drivers. 2300 baht. Book early.

maneerat 
Pattaya 13/2, Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150
081 863 0320
https://maps.app.goo.gl/EpHZbujDrYGPkMLE8

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes you can get a visa exempt, assuming you haven't got a re entry permit on the OA.

An O-A is a multiple entry if still valid, so need to say expired and no re-entry Permit on last Permission to Stay. 

If the OP actually has an Extension on an O-A Visa yes.

Australians can get Visa Exempt 30 day entries at airports and land borders. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

An O-A is a multiple entry if still valid, so need to say expired and no re-entry Permit on last Permission to Stay. 

If the OP actually has an Extension on an O-A Visa yes. 

Yes sorry currently on an OA Extension with no re-entry permit. 

visa run patts to cambo was a major headache. there is some service out of the victorian hotel on soi 6 but its expensive and takes hours on a minivan. just heresay, did not try it. rep there was a bit.ch, so just walked out.

another van service at some irish bar in town. could not book when i walked in (rep out) so never went back.

i usually just goto bkk and fly from there, but im not in a hurry.

• Thanks 1

Be clear if you want just a fast day return with border crossings (note that you MUST also enter Camb and get that visa, then re-enter TH) or are adventurous enough to do it by yourself the leasurely way.

Assuming the 1st (most tipical for those who never leave PTY) just make the gamble, you have no precious exp. so cannot compare. ANY van/company, whatever they promise, will fill up their van to the limit, if not enough visarunners that day, then with whoever wants to go there. It wont be just the tipical beerswilling single men/mates looking desperate and totally uncomfortable without their sheila´s.  Most of those vans/staff will take care of the passpt and enter/leave Camb. for you without you doing the footwork.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:43 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I've used Maneerat a lot, they use a company that has 4 buses that go to Ban Pakard daily and are well organised and good drivers. 2300 baht. Book early.

I seriously doubt they have 4 vans going at the moment (if ever?)

The Border Run business is very quiet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fhickson said:

visa run patts to cambo was a major headache. there is some service out of the victorian hotel on soi 6 but its expensive and takes hours on a minivan. just heresay, did not try it. rep there was a bit.ch, so just walked out.

It is the Queen Vic. on Soi 6 that 1st Class Visa Runs work out of.

Their Border Run to Pong Nam Ron is 2800 baht which probably is a little higher than the average, but it does include a breakfast (of sorts) and meal on your return, and IMO they have the best Minibus of all of them, which has 6 single comfortable seats ( plus one up front with the driver if you so wish)

They leave from the Queen Vic. at 6.45am (no going around various hotels picking passengers up) and with two short stops at Service Station to stretch the legs, you are back at the Queen Vic. around 2.30pm.

And both the girls that work there, are pleasant and very helpful.

IMHO

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Nick with NDTVi used 1st Class  Visa Runs (Queen Victoria Hotel Soi  6/1) for a Laos visa run.  His video should help you with Cambodia.  A visa run company in Bangkok canceled a Cambodia trip at the last minute when they couldn't get enough customers, so have a plan B and C.

(Start video at 2 min. mark)

http://www.1stclassvisaruns.com

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Their Border Run to Pong Nam Ron is 2800 baht which probably is a little higher than the average, but it does include a breakfast (of sorts) and meal on your return, and IMO they have the best Minibus of all of them, which has 6 single comfortable seats ( plus one up front with the driver if you so wish)

They leave from the Queen Vic. at 6.45am (no going around various hotels picking passengers up) and with two short stops at Service Station to stretch the legs, you are back at the Queen Vic. around 2.30pm.

IMHO

Boy prices have gone up......Last time I went I payed 1,900.....But this was years ago...

7 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

IMHO

Overrated and more expensive for nothing worthwhile. i used them twice and switched to the company in post #2. Drivers have been better than the Queen Vic driver who was going for a PB and managed to get a punchure because he was driving too fast etc

8 hours ago, steve187 said:

have you looked at flying from utapao to Kuala lumpur or HCMC, better than almost 7/8 hours on a minibus

Yes I have considered flying out of the country but that is not without its pain in the a@#$ qualities and of course this way I will get to see a little bit of the countryside! 

53 minutes ago, 1 said:

Yes I have considered flying out of the country but that is not without its pain in the a@#$ qualities and of course this way I will get to see a little bit of the countryside! 

when i was on a multi entry 'O' visa i used to drive myself to pong nam ron Cambodia or ban phu nam ron Myanmar, so no rush or mad drivers to contend with, i would never use minibus, they are just death traps. but horses for courses.

17 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Boy prices have gone up......Last time I went I payed 1,900.....But this was years ago...

Yes, was 1900 baht for a long time, and then jumped to 2800 baht right around the time when Double & Triple entry TV's disappeared.

Last time I went with 5 Star from the Sportsmans and it was 2500 baht but it was a really old tired Minibus with a Driver who I was not too happy with, along with iffy driving, there was the handing all passengers a carton of cigs as though we would be happy doing his smuggling for him, and we had several unnecessary stops IMO.

I am happy to pay more for the Queen Vic. for a better Minibus, better Driver and back in Pattaya at a decent time.

3 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

I am happy to pay more for the Queen Vic. for a better Minibus, better Driver and back in Pattaya at a decent time.

Do you still get to watch a film with headphones and screen?

A great distraction from the driving and odd screams!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, 1 said:

have you done the minivan thing before?

it really sucks. very tiring. something about dealing with the thai driver and service makes it stressful and difficult. everything is rushed even when you have plenty of time. its not just the driving time or being in the van.

but if its your first time, no problem. just not something id want to do regularly or have part of my retirement or vacation.

id prefer bell trans to bkk, overnight in bkk and catching a large green bus service to siem reap there. likely would come out cheaper then the minivan and you get more of an adventure instead of being handled like cattle.

you could even spend the night in cambo and have a drink between runs, but if you really need to get back to pattaya that same day...

Edited by fhickson
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fhickson said:

have you done the minivan thing before?

No it's the first time and it sounds like it's probably going to be my last. Ignoring the negatives it just seems to me the simplest way to get it out of the way.

It's really quite an unfortunate bit of timing as I only came back from Australia a week ago, had I known then what I know now I wouldn't have purchased the re-entry permit!

Edited by 1

13 minutes ago, 1 said:

No it's the first time and it sounds like it's probably going to be my last. Ignoring the negatives it just seems to me the simplest way to get it out of the way. Hey

It's really quite an unfortunate bit of timing as I only came back from Australia a week ago, had I known then what I know now I wouldn't have purchased the re-entry permit!

it's fine, I've done it maybe 10+ times, time goes quickly

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

it's fine, I've done it maybe 10+ times, time goes quickly

Cheers for that. I think I will probably just use your recommendation it's about the cheapest and comes with your ticket approval. 

Just have to sort it out sometime before the 22nd of March. Of course being retired it doesn't leave me much time! 555

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1 said:

Cheers for that. I think I will probably just use your recommendation it's about the cheapest and comes with your ticket approval. 

Just have to sort it out sometime before the 22nd of March. Of course being retired it doesn't leave me much time! 555

FYI, they say be ready at your hotel for 6am, usually the guy calls you the night before or most likely morning and with me says meet 5.40am, he is teeing everyone up to ensure they aren't late, very well organised. You get thai food on the way back around 11.15am, noodle soup is best. Good deal for 2,300 and good safe drivers

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, fhickson said:

id prefer bell trans to bkk, overnight in bkk and catching a large green bus service to siem reap there. likely would come out cheaper then the minivan and you get more of an adventure instead of being handled like cattle.

you could even spend the night in cambo and have a drink between runs, but if you really need to get back to pattaya that same day...

I am guessing, but then deal with Poipet Immigration on the way back?

I've used both 1st class and 5 star.

1st class is far superior. New modern 6 seater with your own seat to your self, and plenty of leg room.

2 weeks ago, I used 5 star basically thinking they were the same thing. Old 9 seater bus, with much less room. They pick, and drop, everybody off from their residences, which basically adds on about an hour to your trip.

• Thanks 2