BANGKOK

O Visa Requirements Pattaya Immigration

Hoping someone has recently being two Pattaya immigration to apply for an O Visa and can just share what is required. 

Personally I don't need the obvious stuff like proof of money in the bank or copies of the main page etc of your passport. But rather the less obvious stuff. But for the sake of others who may read this topic if you're happy to mention everything that would be great.

Also any tips and tricks you may have discovered along the way always appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry, but  do you mean to got to Jomtien immigration to ask for extension of  your permission to stay   with an O visa  because of retirement, marriage or some other reason ?

Dress nicely, try not to be hung over and dishevelled and no swearing..no matter how much runaround they give you 😋

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

Sorry, but  do you mean to got to Jomtien immigration to ask for extension of  your permission to stay   with an O visa  because of retirement, marriage or some other reason ?

No I mean making application for an O Visa from a visa-free entry into Thailand.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

No I mean making application for an O Visa from a visa-free entry into Thailand.

I think you will ned to do that in Bangkok.   best to ask @ubonjoe

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, johng said:

He can do it where he lives... Pattaya can certainly do one.

• Thanks 1

I guess I should have broadened the question to ask for OA Visa requirements also as I guess they are the same. doh!

1 minute ago, 1 said:

I guess I should have broadened the question to ask for OA Visa requirements also as I guess they are the same. doh!

OA is only available from your home country ( or a country you have residence ).

Stick with the O, far better option now with Health insurance mandatory for the OA.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

OA is only available from your home country ( or a country you have residence ).

Stick with the O, far better option now with Health insurance mandatory for the OA.

Thanks for that it had been bothering me how it was that I would get to choose this option of the O Visa.

You can apply for a Non-Immigrant O Visa in Pattaya at Jomtien Immigration Office. Fee is 2,000 baht. If using 800,000 in Thai bank, you will need to show it came from outside of Thailand.  You will also need a minimum of 15 days remaining on your current permission to stay - if not already done, a one time extension of the initial permission to 30 days can be obtained - fee 1,900 baht. They have to send to Bangkok for approval and Bangkok Immigration requires the 15 days to process.

In addition to photo and passport page copies, you will need documents to show your current residence such Rental Agreement, Housebook, Company documents if Company owned, etc.   Copies of your Thai bank book identity page and pages showing 800,000 on deposit. Also a letter from your Thai bank verifying the account and the balance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, soisanuk said:

You can apply for a Non-Immigrant O Visa in Pattaya at Jomtien Immigration Office. Fee is 2,000 baht. If using 800,000 in Thai bank,

Thanks thanks for that information.

I'm using the 65 thousand a month method. Not sure if you have anything to offer it with regards to that?

I'm not sure if that presents any more problems. I gather I will have to use a bank letter to prove its origins which appears to be the case all the way along.

My main concern is if they ask for proof of income in my home country because it's not a pension but rather dividends and Rental income which can be a bit sporadic.

On 2/27/2020 at 1:45 PM, johng said:

He's talking about a conversion from a 30 days Visa exempt to a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa. Any local immigration office will work.

Edited by Max69xl
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Thanks thanks for that information.

I'm using the 65 thousand a month method. Not sure if you have anything to offer it with regards to that?

I'm not sure if that presents any more problems. I gather I will have to use a bank letter to prove its origins which appears to be the case all the way along.

My main concern is if they ask for proof of income in my home country because it's not a pension but rather dividends and Rental income which can be a bit sporadic.

What country do you come from? 

There are different requirements if you can get an income letter from your embassy or not. 

24 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

What country do you come from? 

There are different requirements if you can get an income letter from your embassy or not. 

Thanks I'm Australian.

That's the reason I'm exploring these things now because that option was taken away from me last year.

15 minutes ago, 1 said:

Thanks I'm Australian.

That's the reason I'm exploring these things now because that option was taken away from me last year.

Mods. This thread needs to be moved to the Visa section so @ubonjoe can advise the OP.

3 minutes ago, jimn said:

Mods. This thread needs to be moved to the Visa section so @ubonjoe can advise the OP.

Sorry I am familiar with his expertise but I thought it more relevant to bring it to the Pattaya forum as I'm specifically after information pertaining to the Pattaya office.

But if they're the rules here no problem.