O Visa Requirements Pattaya Immigration

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Pattaya/Jomtien immigration are known for making it difficult to apply for a non immigrant visa.

The even make it difficult if you have proof from your embassy. They have asked for the signature on them to verified by Department of Consular Affairs in Bangkok. 

Also the 800k baht in the bank for 2 or 3 months.

The proof of income by way of transfers into the country is shown in a police order so it should be accepted for a visa application.

How many months of transfers did you have to show?

From the point of making the application I will have 2 65,000 deposits.

I was previously setting up for the OA extension combination method 340000 2 months before and 12 x 40,000 or more. Total 820,000

9 minutes ago, 1 said:

From the point of making the application I will have 2 65,000 deposits.

I was previously setting up for the OA extension combination method 340000 2 months before and 12 x 40,000 or more. Total 820,000

The 2 transfers might be part of the problem since they may not be aware that it is allowed in the police order.

Have they offered to do it yet for some extra money? That been reported before.

You may have to go to Savannakhet or Penang to get a non-o visa if they keep refusing it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The 2 transfers might be part of the problem since they may not be aware that it is allowed in the police order.

You may have to go to Savannakhet or Penang to get a non-o visa if they keep refusing it.

No currently I am on my extension of stay on my OA Visa until the 22nd of March. So I have made no application for an O Visa yet.

My plan was to do a Visa Run to Cambodia. Then return and make my application in Pattaya. 

Is there an option to possibly use an immigration office in Bangkok or am I obliged to use Pattaya immigration because I live here.

5 minutes ago, 1 said:

Is there an option to possibly use an immigration office in Bangkok or am I obliged to use Pattaya immigration because I live here.

You can only do it at the designated office for where you are living. Bangkok would not do it for you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 1 said:

I don't think that's the case at all as it seems to be referring specifically to the O Visa in that section that I have shown. 

Having said that I have just returned from Chonburi immigration I was told that to change from a tourist exempt Visa to an O Visa I could only use the 800 000 in the bank method and not the monthly method. 

You are not applying for a 1 year extension. A conversion from a 30 days visa exempt to a 90 days Non-Immigrant O is not the same thing, and like I said earlier,you can't get an income letter from your embassy. That's why Jomtien  Immigration desk 7 doesn't accept the income method for the conversion. They do accept it for annual extensions,though. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You are not applying for a 1 year extension. A conversion from a 30 days visa exempt to a 90 days Non-Immigrant O is not the same thing, and like I said earlier,you can't get an income letter from your embassy. That's why Jomtien  Immigration desk 7 doesn't accept the income method for the conversion. They do accept it for annual extensions,though. 

I am well aware I am not applying for an extension. I am applying for an O Visa. 

There is contradictory information and it seems that Pattaya immigration is not playing by the police order from what experienced BMs have posted. 

On 2/28/2020 at 2:25 AM, soisanuk said:

You can apply for a Non-Immigrant O Visa in Pattaya at Jomtien Immigration Office. Fee is 2,000 baht. If using 800,000 in Thai bank, you will need to show it came from outside of Thailand.  You will also need a minimum of 15 days remaining on your current permission to stay - if not already done, a one time extension of the initial permission to 30 days can be obtained - fee 1,900 baht. They have to send to Bangkok for approval and Bangkok Immigration requires the 15 days to process.

In addition to photo and passport page copies, you will need documents to show your current residence such Rental Agreement, Housebook, Company documents if Company owned, etc.   Copies of your Thai bank book identity page and pages showing 800,000 on deposit. Also a letter from your Thai bank verifying the account and the balance.

What exactly would they need for the rental agreement to say?  I plan to just rent or pay month to month as I am always leery about long term leases, bad or noisy neighbors or other circumstances that arise.  Does the rental agreement have to specify one year?

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

What exactly would they need for the rental agreement to say?  I plan to just rent or pay month to month as I am always leery about long term leases, bad or noisy neighbors or other circumstances that arise.  Does the rental agreement have to specify one year?

It depends on the immigration office,but they might want to see a 6 months contract. Normally,the reason for a 1 year contract is the rent. It's cheaper compared to a short term contract. Sometimes you can't rent shorter than 1 year if you want the advertised price. 

On 2/29/2020 at 2:50 PM, soisanuk said:

Agree - but so far, the fellow expats I have heard from re their renewal of extension at Jomtien using the monthly income method, they all had a document from their pension provider.  It will be of interest to hear from anyone that received or were denied an extension due to not having such a document.

I had an embassy letter, with the embassy-signature verified by the Dept of Consular Affairs, and it didn't matter.   They said it didn't prove anything.  This was before they told our Embassies not to provide these, then pretended to be upset, as we were forced to their agent-partners.

The person running that desk (small office) in Jomtien had their own printed-up list (took off their pc-printer), which differed significantly from the "official document" from headquarters, which I had received at the front-desk.   Even those with cash in-the-bank had to make several visits, as "undocumented requirements" were added each time they tried to apply (at the "official fee" cost)

Some report this person would point-blank ask for 15K cash.  Others said they were told to use the agent next door.   After that, you have the 1-year extension to deal with - and can hope they accept less than 12 months of proven-deposits plus proof of it's source.  "Irregular" incomes are generally not accepted.

The last price I heard quoted was 25K to get both the "change of visa" and "1 year non-o extension" done as a package.  The places on soi bukow, just north of South-Pattaya road, offer the best deals, generally.  This will avoid both the "change of visa" person's hurdles, and the income hurdles.  Not sure if the price holds, though - over a year since I checked with those agents for quotes.

12 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

It needs to be an official-looking rental agreement, the copy of which is signed (blue ink) by you and the landlord.  You can find translated-versions (in both languages) online, which could be used.  This *may* need to be accompanied by a copy of the owner's house-book for the residence and the chanote (purchase-proof), also signed in pen. 

The marriage-desk likes to use needing these (and older formats of the docs are rejected) to block legit-applications (sans-agent).   I do not remember this from the "custom" list I recieved a couple years ago, but would not be surprised if the "change of visa" office uses a similar set of "undocumented document" hurdles.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I had an embassy letter, with the embassy-signature verified by the Dept of Consular Affairs, and it didn't matter.   They said it didn't prove anything.  This was before they told our Embassies not to provide these, then pretended to be upset, as we were forced to their agent-partners.

The person running that desk (small office) in Jomtien had their own printed-up list (took off their pc-printer), which differed significantly from the "official document" from headquarters, which I had received at the front-desk.   Even those with cash in-the-bank had to make several visits, as "undocumented requirements" were added each time they tried to apply (at the "official fee" cost)

Some report this person would point-blank ask for 15K cash.  Others said they were told to use the agent next door.   After that, you have the 1-year extension to deal with - and can hope they accept less than 12 months of proven-deposits plus proof of it's source.  "Irregular" incomes are generally not accepted.

The last price I heard quoted was 25K to get both the "change of visa" and "1 year non-o extension" done as a package.  The places on soi bukow, just north of South-Pattaya road, offer the best deals, generally.  This will avoid both the "change of visa" person's hurdles, and the income hurdles.  Not sure if the price holds, though - over a year since I checked with those agents for quotes.

It needs to be an official-looking rental agreement, the copy of which is signed (blue ink) by you and the landlord.  You can find translated-versions (in both languages) online, which could be used.  This *may* need to be accompanied by a copy of the owner's house-book for the residence and the chanote (purchase-proof), also signed in pen. 

The marriage-desk likes to use needing these (and older formats of the docs are rejected) to block legit-applications (sans-agent).   I do not remember this from the "custom" list I recieved a couple years ago, but would not be surprised if the "change of visa" office uses a similar set of "undocumented document" hurdles.

"The person running that desk (small office) in Jomtien"

Are you talking about desk 7 at Jomtien Immigration? That's where you convert a 30 days Visa exempt or a tourist visa to a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa. When did you have problem with your income letter at that desk? I have never heard of them having a checklist that differs from what you get at the frontdesk. 

6 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"The person running that desk (small office) in Jomtien"

Are you talking about desk 7 at Jomtien Immigration? That's where you convert a 30 days Visa exempt or a tourist visa to a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa. When did you have problem with your income letter at that desk? I have never heard of them having a checklist that differs from what you get at the frontdesk. 

They did have a custom-list when I tried to do this.  I presented the official-list with every criteria met, and they countered with a list hot-off their pc-printer. 

If you search the forum, you will find many reports of folks with problems there; my experience was not unique.  I ended up going out to a consulate in a neighboring-country for a Visa, instead - but then got shafted by the marriage-desk's "undocumented requirements" (unobtanium landlord-doc requirements not on THAT "official list").  

As the OP's goal is a 1-year non-o extension based on retirement, it is "less bad" than a non-o extension based on marriage (different desks / personnel) - but the "prove your income" requirement, with the OP's non-pension / non-consistent income, could be problematic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The last time I heard about paying for the 90 days Non-immigrant O + 1 year extension = 15 months, the cost was 19k. Jomtien Immigration desk 7 wants the income letter (if you have one) to be signed in BKK as you said in an earlier post. Even before January 1 2019 when the UK,US and Australian embassy stopped issuing their income letters,desk 7 at Jomtien Immigration didn't like their letters. I have never heard of anyone getting denied a Non-immigrant O when having an income letter from another embassy/consulate (stamped and signed in BKK). 

39 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

As the OP's goal is a 1-year non-o extension based on retirement, it is "less bad" than a non-o extension based on marriage (different desks / personnel) - but the "prove your income" requirement, with the OP's non-pension / non-consistent income, could be problematic.

Seems we are not getting to the stage of this "non-pension / non-consistent income" being a problem. As mentioned I was told yesterday to change from visa exempt to o visa finance requirements are 800000b seasoned for 2 months. Nothing else acceptable. 

I am going to go back again today to see if I can tease out some written information. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

"I had an embassy letter, with the embassy-signature verified by the Dept of Consular Affairs, and it didn't matter.   They said it didn't prove anything.  This was before they told our Embassies not to provide these"

Several immigration offices incl Jomtien didn't like the income letters or affidavits that UK,US and Australian embassies issued. They thought they were basically made up and wasn't a serious proof of income. And then those embassies stopped issue them. I know many people in Jomtien using income letters every year from their embassies/consulates without ever being questioned. 

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I know many people in Jomtien using income letters every year from their embassies/consulates without ever being questioned. 

Being Belgian, since  about 15 years I use the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya.

I present them a copy of my monthly pension income from the Belgian Office of Pensions, and a copy of my Belgian bank account showing these monthly amounts being credited on my account.

Of course these documents can be falsified, the Consulate knows that, however they believe that the great majority, using their services, are honest people and that taking a big risk to be accused for forgery  is nearly inexistent, when for 13-15000 ThB one can easely obtain an extension via an agent.

Therefore they issue a Letter of Income with the words :

-We herewith certify that the income of Mr. luckyluke is xxxxx-.

This has always been accepted by Immigration without any questions or extra requests;

last time was January 2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

They did have a custom-list when I tried to do this.  I presented the official-list with every criteria met, and they countered with a list hot-off their pc-printer. 

If you search the forum, you will find many reports of folks with problems there; my experience was not unique.  I ended up going out to a consulate in a neighboring-country for a Visa, instead - but then got shafted by the marriage-desk's "undocumented requirements" (unobtanium landlord-doc requirements not on THAT "official list").  

OP's goal is a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa based on retirement. (Next step is a 1 year extension based on retirement and the requirements are way easier than obtaining the 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa at desk 7). 

12 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Being Belgian, since  about 15 years I use the Austrian Consulate in Pattaya.

I present them a copy of my monthly pension income from the Belgian Office of Pensions, and a copy of my Belgian bank account showing these monthly amounts being credited on my account.

Of course these documents can be falsified, the Consulate knows that, however they believe that the great majority, using their services, are honest people and that taking a big risk to be accused for forgery  is nearly inexistent, when for 13-15000 ThB one can easely obtain an extension via an agent.

Therefore they issue a Letter of Income with the words :

-We herewith certify that the income of Mr. luckyluke is xxxxx-.

This has always been accepted by Immigration without any questions or extra requests;

last time was January 2020.

A "normal" income letter from an embassy/consulate are based on a stamped and signed certificate from the pension provider(s). Copies are not allowed. 

5 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

A "normal" income letter from an embassy/consulate are based on a stamped and signed certificate from the pension provider(s). Copies are not allowed.

The embassy/consulate of every country that still issues an income letter follows this rule? I'm aware of one that doesn't

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

Can be.

And maybe next year The Austrian Consulate won't accept my copies anymore.

And/or Immigration will not accept the Austrian Consulate L.o.I. anymore.

In Thailand nothing is sure.

2 hours ago, 1 said:

Seems we are not getting to the stage of this "non-pension / non-consistent income" being a problem. As mentioned I was told yesterday to change from visa exempt to o visa finance requirements are 800000b seasoned for 2 months. Nothing else acceptable. 

I am going to go back again today to see if I can tease out some written information. 

Jomtien Immigration wants you to use an agent.  The man who signs off on retirement extensions said that first-time applicants only need two monthly deposits.  But apparently that only applies to those who arrive in Thailand with an O-visa.

As mentioned, an agent will cost about 25,000 baht.   They will put 800,000 baht in your bank account (for a few minutes) and you will receive a 90 day O-visa and a 12 month retirement extension for a total of 15 months.

"Regarding retirement extensions, Khun Pichai said that first time applicants must be able to show at least two months of income coming from overseas or traceable to a taxable source in Thailand."

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1092651-explainer-here’s-what-is-required-by-chonburi-immigration-for-tm30-and-retirement-extensions

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Max69xl said:

"I had an embassy letter, with the embassy-signature verified by the Dept of Consular Affairs, and it didn't matter.   They said it didn't prove anything.  This was before they told our Embassies not to provide these"

Several immigration offices incl Jomtien didn't like the income letters or affidavits that UK,US and Australian embassies issued. They thought they were basically made up and wasn't a serious proof of income. And then those embassies stopped issue them. I know many people in Jomtien using income letters every year from their embassies/consulates without ever being questioned. 

It's a felony to lie to the US-Embassy about your income.  That means being sent back, federal-court, punishment, a permanent felony-record, and no passport for awhile.   I had bank-book proof of that income being transferred to Thailand, but the Non-O desk had no interest in that.  The agents get it all done (90-day Non-O + 1-yr extension) for 25K Baht.   I don't think the "validity" of the letters was a factor at all.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Official looking OK, but what terms will the IOs demand to see?  One full year?  One month or month to month which is all I do here in the states when renting so I have no intention to sign anything longer if in Thailand?

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Official looking OK, but what terms will the IOs demand to see?  One full year?  One month or month to month which is all I do here in the states when renting so I have no intention to sign anything longer if in Thailand?

I do not recall people being rejected at that office for the lease-term - only for not having the landlord's house-book and chanote for the rented location in addition to a lease-agreement. 

But at the "change of visa-status" desk, it is all about forcing you to the agent.  They can make up any reason - including reasons not listed on any official document or heard here before.  If not willing to pay an agent (who passes it on), you could look into making a trip to a nearby Thai-consulate for a Non-O 90-day Visa. 

Alternatively, move to Bangkok for awhile, until you get this part settled.  If I had the entire extension-nightmare to do over, I would have done this.  It would have been cheaper than all the travelling to consulates for visas, every time Immigration-Jomtien shafted me on my 100% legit applications.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2