COVID-19: Where to go for a test

webfact

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Assumedly, the hospital price list shown in the article was for Thai nationals, who of course contribute to the state health service via taxation.

Remember this?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1121702-dual-pricing-retirees-and-expats-may-be-charged-more-at-thai-govt-hospitals/

The new dual price structure was due to start operating last Semptember. No idea, having not been to a hospital since, whether it's actually been implemented.

Hope none of us have to find out the hard way!

So far ,i have not been charged more ,i use Queen Sirakit at Satahip,every 6 months for my eye exams ,has not gone up from 900 baht for 6 years,also i was at Pattaya govt hospital ,ecg ,chest x ray and blood tests ,,1500 baht  about 3 months ago .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tops said:

I was @ Ramathibodi Hospital 3 weeks ago as immigration wanted a health certificate that I didn't have Corona. I only could do it in some hospitals. Ramathibodi was one of them. The price you see here is only for the blood test. They also make a X-ray of your chest / lungs. Price for that is 9,000 THB. All together I spend almost 20,000 THB overthere. Many hidden costs !!!

The RT-PCR test, the only real one, uses swabs and not blood test. You were likely given a simple blood screen at an inflated price.

12 hours ago, smedly said:

Thais are queuing up to be tested ….right 

How the hell is this country going to control an outbreak if they are charging the public to be tested 

seriously

I came back to the UK on Feb 5th, started getting sick on the 24th with a sore throat, cough and cold sweats. This then turned into aching body, couching up mucus and a general bad feeling. I never get colds and I've never had influenza, so it was a surprise and worry for me. I said that if I woke up today feeling worse I would call 111, as this is the entity to contact about such things. I've heard they offer advise and sometimes will do testing at your home. If positive you get taken to a specific facility and not a general hospital. Here you are discouraged to go to a GP or hospital, and of course it's all free of charge. They will then track down every single person you have had close contact with, and test them as well. This is I think, one reason why the UK has so few cases, because here things are being done right. Thankfully I've woken up feeling a little less sick

Edited by Mung
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Not much point getting tested then knowing you have got it with no cure and getting fleeced for the privilege ????

I'd prefer having access to antiviral medications and pneumonia treatment, as apposed to being at home trying to battle it out. There is no certified cure, but there are ways to give yourself better chances. 

• Like 1

This is <deleted> ridiculous for many reasons. 1) They should have a team of people doing house visits to check. Why would you want to send someone to a hospital and infect everybody from your home to the hospital. 2) The Gov't should bear the costs as they are liable.

Edited by metisdead
8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, saengd said:

This isn't the nanny state and it isn't Kansas, things don't work that way here.

It’s incompetent, unsafe and illogical.  What is your favorite non Nanny state?  I’m sure you’re a hypocrite none the less

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Assumedly, the hospital price list shown in the article was for Thai nationals, who of course contribute to the state health service via taxation.

Remember this?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1121702-dual-pricing-retirees-and-expats-may-be-charged-more-at-thai-govt-hospitals/

The new dual price structure was due to start operating last Semptember. No idea, having not been to a hospital since, whether it's actually been implemented.

Hope none of us have to find out the hard way!

So far I know Siriraj (state) hospital demands a 25% additional for foreigners.....everywhere notified with signs in the hospital, how often I also visit the hospital I've never have seen a foreigner except me.

11 minutes ago, Redline said:

It’s incompetent, unsafe and illogical.  What is your favorite non Nanny state?  I’m sure you’re a hypocrite none the less

It's a developing country or as many posters like to call it, a third world country. You can't have it both ways!

• Like 1

This is how hospitals and governments make money. I am sure if it was a Thai national these figures would no where this high. So, since it only approved hospitals and the money is outrages so you mean to tell me that if I was a thai getting the same service the price would be same? And so since it is only certain hospitals so then the other ones where thai's go are not credible? If so, would that not be a an issue for many thai's in thailand?

8 minutes ago, vangrop said:

all these tests are standardized

If it's the real RT-PCR test, yes it's standardized, they will send the samples to National Institute of Health in Nonthaburi (one of the WHO reference laboratories in Thailand) for testing. Ministry of Public Health stopped publishing their backlog couple of weeks ago, no idea how long until they do the actual lab testing, if at all. Any other tests are just blood screens and such, not specific to SARS-CoV-2.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/guidelines/G_CPG_en.pdf

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-appointed-2019-ncov-referral-laboratories-7-february-2020.pdf?sfvrsn=c3fa3ec3_4

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/conventional-rt-pcr-followed-by-sequencing-for-detection-of-ncov-rirl-nat-inst-health-t.pdf?sfvrsn=42271c6d_4

13 hours ago, jonclark said:

Calm down everyone. These are fees for foreigners it is all part of the new master plan to boost the economy. Foreigners who suspect they have covid 19 will be encouraged to come to Thailand for testing. 

visa free

22 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Well, duh.

Thai Nationals with a "gold card" pay only 30B.  If over 60, 0B.  Of course they're going to charge Foreigners more (they don't in France, England, Canada but TIT).

Of course that doesn't include "non essential" medical costs like the FLU VACCINE.

Will they cover the CV19 vaccine once THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA develops one first, before more "advanced" countries can develop one? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1