DPM Anutin to implement measures to discourage COVID-19 “Super Spreader”

webfact

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Putting sick folks in crowded jails as a punishment??

Better inform the people how to sneeze in public without using their hands and other practical stuff.

I think he means, how to sneeze in your hands, tissue of other receptacle whilst gripping your wallet tightly in your hand as an 'official' approaches.

That is probably the Thainess way..............

I think it is safe, at this stage, to label Anutin a super spreader of ignorance, misinformation, incompetence, and ill advised comments. He needs to be replaced yesterday, with someone who has decades in the field of health. Is that really too much to ask, at a time like this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

is there some group of super stupid from which ministers such as this one are mandated to come from ? super spreaders do not Know They Are Spreaders, thus how can they be 'discouraged' ?

There is such a group - don't you know?

It's the most serious of all the other 13th most dangerous diseases in Thailand:

In order of seriousness:

1   Super stupidity.

2.  Selfish vehicle drivers

3.  Disregard of Thailand's laws

4.  Failure to wash hands after ablutions and use of bum gun.

5.  Nose picking

6.  Taxation avoidance

7.  Failure to stand up to autocratic government control

8.  Stifling Immigration laws

9.  "Me, me, me", syndrome

10. "Do you know who I am", syndrome

11.  Pollution by exhaust from unserviced vehicles

12. Pollution by burning crop stubble by uneducated farmers

and, just as important - 

13. Failure to understand the kind of crisis currently spreading rapidly around the world!

There!I was in a quandary over the quoted 13 more serious things - but 3 minutes later I was able to list them.

Just how can know if infected if incubation takes up to 14 days. To think of how many people I've come in contact in the last 14 days is staggering. It is just another way thai authorities can collect tea money from people.

Edited by cheapcanuck
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sahibji said:

situation of the virus is now serious enough to warrant quick and effective action. 

Everyone else knew it was serious enough 4 weeks ago!

Oh! You must be talking about the quick and effective action to control those Chinese nationals - (3 million?) - from entering Thailand. They still are, aren't they? - Entering, I mean......

If you did not read it, a normal person might be really believe that rubbish spouted by no less than a DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER , who shows just how ignorant he is regarding the spread of a VIRUS .

I am sure his boss the PRIME MINISTER has absolute faith in his underlings for continuing to show the world just HOW STUPID his Government is . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRealRobin said:

What I find most alarming is how this situation may be used now but especially in future to control and restrict human freedom. Entire cities, communities or even countries can potentially be controlled at will as a measure to prevent the spread of a virus.

Or dissent.......

4 hours ago, malibukid said:

what a joke.  they only arrest over stayers here.  not the people who do the real damage like the farmers who are starting fires, or the reckless drivers.  more hot air. 

Really then why are Thai jails over crowded

5 hours ago, malibukid said:

what a joke.  they only arrest over stayers here.  not the people who do the real damage like the farmers who are starting fires, or the reckless drivers.  more hot air. 

Exactly.  Stop the farmers burning their fields.  Taking years off of people's lives so they can save money.  Subsidize them and make up the difference if you have to, but that has to stop.

2 hours ago, TheRealRobin said:

What I find most alarming is how this situation may be used now but especially in future to control and restrict human freedom. Entire cities, communities or even countries can potentially be controlled at will as a measure to prevent the spread of a virus.

At least one light bulb has come on.

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

As the adverts state “ Amazing Thailand “ nothing Amazes me anymore Most prisons have 50 + inmates in one cell with deceases being rife can you imagine what would happen if a Super spreader suffering from this terrible virus were introduced they would all be dead within a week . The other question is how do they define super spreader is that the minister who was at the conference the other day sweating profusely telling the world there was nothing wrong when he in fact had it how many of those people have been infected.

Maybe he is in cahoots with the department of corrections in reducing the prison population. 

they sure do have some wacky ways here in tackling social and environmental issues  

There are umpteen common viral diseases at least as contagious and potentially life-threatening as the virus claimed to be responsible for the latest "pandemic" scare. 

Following the Thai government's logic, the countless thousands of people who exhibit symptoms of these  ailments (many of which have symptoms similar to "corona 'flu") should be seized and forcibly tested or jailed if they demur.

What an ingenious way to decimate the existing population of Thailand's monstrously overcrowded jails, while simultaneously taking huge swathes of workers out of circulation and forcing an impossible extra burden on already creaking police and hospital services.

The main beneficiaries of such a strategy would be Big Pharma - plus, of course, the swelling ranks of public snitches winning brownie points from their masters by bringing dangerous criminals such as foreign overstayers to justice.

One can only assume the genius who dreamed up this fiendishly cunning plan has spent too much time walking around polluted Bangkok without a decent facemask and has contracted Alzheimer's as a result. 

Edited by Krataiboy

4 minutes ago, BobfromNYC said:

What are the protocols in Thailand for people who may feel ill? Has the Government issued a list of testing sites nationwide?

Try this thread.Prepare to get shafted,or probed.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

Educated western country translation. Thailand will be a blocked country soon. Not only from UAE but many more. Because These embeciles still allowing dumb Chinese in. You got to love the walk on the chimps to. The hot shoe shuffle.

Edited by tomauasia
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mindfulness said:

More stupidity from the gob of an idiot. 

How in the proverbial slang did this halfwit get to the position of such responsibility.  

Do they realise how much they stand out as insane when this kind of crazed authoritarian proverbial ‘poo’ escapes from their pea sized psychopathic minds. 

Don’t hold back now-let us know what you really think.

The pea-sized brain minister again!!!! 8 out of 10 infected don’t even notice that they have the virus!! With no or very mild symptoms they continue a normal life and are spreaders. 

Thailand will learn it the hard way. They still think they can control it and that everything is over after songkran. 

Edited by SpanishExpat

9 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

I don't want to downplay the seriousness of the soon to be pandemic, but I know a few bar girls who could be accused of being "super spreaders".

I saw very pretty one last night at the local 7-11 depositing 30,000 baht into her bank account. I didn't even know you could make bank deposits at 7-11. The poor girl serving her must have felt rather jealous on her 6000 baht a month pay.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

I saw very pretty one last night at the local 7-11 depositing 30,000 baht into her bank account. I didn't even know you could make bank deposits at 7-11. The poor girl serving her must have felt rather jealous on her 6000 baht a month pay.

The poor girl at 7-11 , needs to be re-educated.

Bars , are virus free zones ...