DPM Anutin to implement measures to discourage COVID-19 “Super Spreader”

webfact

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Putting sick folks in crowded jails as a punishment??

Better inform the people how to sneeze in public without using their hands and other practical stuff.

I saw this idiot in Mall 3 huge sneezes no cover nothing Disgraceful pig

8 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Wow - I wonder how many are dying daily from the other 13 communicable diseases?! Not newsworthy?

Good point. Take a look at the tens ... hundreds ... of thousands dying from seasonal flu. 

Edited by todlad

9 hours ago, YetAnother said:

is there some group of super stupid from which ministers such as this one are mandated to come from ? super spreaders do not Know They Are Spreaders, thus how can they be 'discouraged' ?

There's always cases like Typhoid Mary! It will be true that many are unaware but some are, like the idiot who refused treatment.

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

As the adverts state “ Amazing Thailand “ nothing Amazes me anymore Most prisons have 50 + inmates in one cell with deceases being rife can you imagine what would happen if a Super spreader suffering from this terrible virus were introduced they would all be dead within a week . The other question is how do they define super spreader is that the minister who was at the conference the other day sweating profusely telling the world there was nothing wrong when he in fact had it how many of those people have been infected.

"they would all be dead within a week"

Maybe that's the idea - would sure save a bit of money on prison staff costs.

And as an afterthought, no need to spend hours beating a suspect until he confesses, just threaten him with sharing a jail cell with a "superspreader"!  

Again, guys, if TH was overrun with COVID-19, one or more of the swillers at your local would be in hospital now, posting to FB, setting up a go-fund-me, begging to be medical evaced out to wherever.

The virus is just not here (because of the heat, sun and humidity).

And even if it was, TH ranks 6th in the world for pandemic preparedness. That's the result of fighting HIV/AIDS, and having a huge medical tourism business. HIV and COVID-19 on their face may not seem like similar things, but controlling and treating a pandemic involves the same steps by government and medical professionals, regardless the means and ease of transmission.

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Should arrest his self handling/handing out unwrapped masks while wearing one on his chin. what A nut.

Or better yet, have him prepare a video demonstrating good hand hygiene, mask use, not touching your face and how to sneeze properly. The FB ridicule would crush any minister.

2 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Again, guys, if TH was overrun with COVID-19, one or more of the swillers at your local would be in hospital now, posting to FB, setting up a go-fund-me, begging to be medical evaced out to wherever.

The virus is just not here (because of the heat, sun and humidity).

And even if it was, TH ranks 6th in the world for pandemic preparedness. That's the result of fighting HIV/AIDS, and having a huge medical tourism business. HIV and COVID-19 on their face may not seem like similar things, but controlling and treating a pandemic involves the same steps by government and medical professionals, regardless the means and ease of transmission.

Stop posting this utter nonsense, please.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Wow - I wonder how many are dying daily from the other 13 communicable diseases?! Not newsworthy?

It's one of the stupidest things to say, that the COVID-19 virus is the 14th most deadly virus. I haven't heard about many smallpox outbreaks in Thailand recently. I guess saying to the public 'the 14th most deadly virus' will make them calm and reassured. Well, the simpletons at least

9 hours ago, YetAnother said:

is there some group of super stupid from which ministers such as this one are mandated to come from ? super spreaders do not Know They Are Spreaders, thus how can they be 'discouraged' ?

This Xenophobe Anutin  obviously has no idea what, or who a " Super Spreader " is.

And hes in charge of Public Health at a time when people with knowledge and cool heads should be in charge.

May the good Lord have mercy on the people of Thailand

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Try this thread.Prepare to get shafted,or probed.

LOL you are charged for that too. That is going to discourage many people from even going to get tested or to seek medical help. Imagine all of the Thais living on the poverty line or heck, your average Thai; they aren't going to want to risk 15,000thb just to get tested.

13 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Super Spreaders defined: "Those da*m Farang tourists."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, choff56 said:

This could be a plan by the corrupt army government to silence the people they don't like.

Nah it’s just a global human culling event nothing to be alarmed about,we do it to animals as well and sometime we call these global culling events wars or famines this one is called a pandemic.They are quite common and sometimes come with market corrections followed by a period of economic growth stimulated by these organized events.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2020 at 4:40 AM, webfact said:

According to the government, the National Communicable Disease Committee’s decision to declare COVID-19 the nation’s 14th dangerous communicable disease will empower officials to impose stricter preventative measures against COVID-19 and will discourage those infected from becoming “Super Spreaders.

Everyone should also be aware of the first 13, including elephantiasis, leprosy and tertiary syphilis. Fortunately I have my medical certificate regarding these. 

Superspreaders of disease are often the classic example referenced in the Pareto principle... it also applies in this case, where it'd be fair to say that 80% of idiotic pronouncements are made by 20% of the dotards in charge of operations.