Normal farangs

UbonThani

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Why would you want to meet normal people? Many are quite boring. 

And I agree about Thais being down to earth. But, how many Thai men do you have friendships with? Most are very indifferent to us and have zero curiosity about us. 

I am told if you are fluent in Thai, that is more realistic. 

I'm reasonably fluent in Thai and Lao issan. I have more Thai male friends than farang, mostly Issan. Issan men are more down to eart and don't have an innate dislike of farangs. You dislike them, they'll dislike you. You be respectful to them and they'll be respectful to you. Pretty much the same as life in general.

Today I'm off for a few beers with an Aussie.I'm a Brit. For me Aussies rock. Why? Because they disrespect me and I disrespect them. 555

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

No-one here is normal. It is not normal to abandon one's country of birth to live in Thailand. There are various reasons for the abandonment - financial, better sex, warm climate etc.

If I want to think positively about being in Thailand, it's that I have more gumption than the retirees in my home country who have condemned themselves to a gray existence waiting to die.

Are you saying it is not normal to emigrate......?

I mean, the USA is made up of foreign folk who emigrated, similar for Aus and NZ..... 

1 minute ago, UbonThani said:

Muay Thai guys are good fun. Easy to talk to. Speak some English. More down to earth than western boxers who are usually just knobs.

A little known fact for you. More than 90% of professional Muay Thai fighters in Thailand are from Issan. Issan men rock, Thai men not so much.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

No-one here is normal. It is not normal to abandon one's country of birth to live in Thailand. There are various reasons for the abandonment - financial, better sex, warm climate etc.

If I want to think positively about being in Thailand, it's that I have more gumption than the retirees in my home country who have condemned themselves to a gray existence waiting to die.

I was getting that feeling as I progressed through my 30's and escaped in 2001 - that description of a 'grey existence' fits it exactly, and however much this country p*55es me off sometimes, it's never grey.

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Define normal!

There are normal people here, but they're not easy to meet I guess. I don't meet farang around here - and have no desire to seek them out. I meet a few going for casting jobs, but I'm generally busy and happy enough with my own family life.

4 hours ago, transam said:

Are you saying it is not normal to emigrate......?

I mean, the USA is made up of foreign folk who emigrated, similar for Aus and NZ..... 

True. However, I am referring to people my age - retirees. By no stretch of the imagination could I and other Aussie retirees here be called normal. We emigrated for a variety of reasons - mine was boredom.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I'm reasonably fluent in Thai and Lao issan. I have more Thai male friends than farang, mostly Issan. Issan men are more down to eart and don't have an innate dislike of farangs. You dislike them, they'll dislike you. You be respectful to them and they'll be respectful to you. Pretty much the same as life in general.

Today I'm off for a few beers with an Aussie.I'm a Brit. For me Aussies rock. Why? Because they disrespect me and I disrespect them. 555

I didn't go to Thailand to meet men.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Why would you want to meet normal people? Many are quite boring. 

And I agree about Thais being down to earth. But, how many Thai men do you have friendships with? Most are very indifferent to us and have zero curiosity about us. 

I am told if you are fluent in Thai, that is more realistic. 

I never saw the point in being fluent in Thai. It just allows one to understand what they are saying about one and it's usually not complimentary.

My interest in Thai women did not extend to conversation, and I had no interest in Thai men.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never saw the point in being fluent in Thai. It just allows one to understand what they are saying about one and it's usually not complimentary.

My interest in Thai women did not extend to conversation, and I had no interest in Thai men.

Easier to pick up normal woman. The duds date farangs who cannot speak Thai.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Me Too.

But I imagine stupid, poorly educated people are happy to talk with other stupid, poorly educated people.

Learning Thai to discuss how tasty was that meal, and let's have another drink, is about as interesting as it gets.

Since coming to Thailand, I don't want normal women, I want 8s, 9s, 10s.

Back in the UK I had to make do with normal 4s, 5s, 6s.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You have no idea!

I saw many 10s in gogos but never took them out as they thought they were special, as do most 10s. 7s tried harder.

You have a point. I found the real stunners were so self-absorbed they were disappointing in bed. Some of the plainer ones were absolute firecrackers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You have no idea!

I saw many 10s in gogos but never took them out as they thought they were special, as do most 10s. 7s tried harder.

Your 10 might be my 7. Ive seen like 3 or 4 tens in my life. Apparently you see them everywhere in gogos. Eye test needed one thinks.

Edited by UbonThani

5 hours ago, dripdrop said:

It's like the hip afro American who constantly refer to himself as nxgger, and then wonders and complains why he is never seen as a human rather than "a nxgger".

Same thing with the caucasian who always proudly refer to himself as a farang, and then wonders why so many thais look at him as object, with fixed set of properties, rather than a human being.

Thais call you farang. What you call yourself makes no difference. If they like you then they call you a nickname. Strangers still call you farang. Learning Thai makes you more welcome than worrying about the word farang. If people cant be bothered speaking Thai you will always be the farang.

Edited by UbonThani
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You have a point. I found the real stunners were so self-absorbed they were disappointing in bed. Some of the plainer ones were absolute firecrackers.

Looks has nothing to do with sex. A 2 might be great in bed, just hard to look at. Like this girl told me her bf only wanted doggie style. She couldnt understand it. I could, her face was a 2. Her body was a 7.

2 hours ago, UbonThani said:
10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You have no idea!

Your 10 might be my 7. Ive seen like 3 or 4 tens in my life. Apparently you see them everywhere in gogos. Eye test needed one thinks.

‘eye of the beholder’.... It seems to me many of the 'normal farangs’ posting here seem to fit into the category of ‘stereotypical sex-pest’ trolling the bars for their next 10, normalcy is simply a function of the numbers of people doing the same thing... there is no such thing as the normal farang, particularly in Thailand.

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Me Too.

But I imagine stupid, poorly educated people are happy to talk with other stupid, poorly educated people.

Learning Thai to discuss how tasty was that meal, and let's have another drink, is about as interesting as it gets.

Since coming to Thailand, I don't want normal women, I want 8s, 9s, 10s.

Back in the UK I had to make do with normal 4s, 5s, 6s.

And even to be with a 6 in the US, you are required to jump over massively high hurdles, and then be an obedient man, who checks his cajones at the door. And all of that is just to be with a woman who is more masculine than I am, and totally intimidated by her own femininity. No, I do not think so. Not in this lifetime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2020 at 11:24 PM, UbonThani said:

Gee buddy if you hate Thais why the interest in Thailand?

Know many that are smart and like farangs.

Yes, there are  intelligent  Thais. As i wrote, they usually, have the same perceptions  of "foreigners" in their country, as those foreigners have of  foreigners back in their  home countries.  This means that they will associate with those in their own social  class. It is  quite unlikely that a Thai; physician, or successful entrepreneur, or owner of a large real estate portfolio, or university professor, or accomplished entertainer, or hiso etc. will take up with an elderly farang retired from his job as a lorry driver, or warehouse worker, or store manager or office clerk or oil worker, etc. living on a modest income.

Successful mentally stable people tend to  stay within their own demographics. I have no desire to  marry a 70 year old uneducated retired woman living on her government pension

Why then would you expect a Thai woman (or man) to seek out some old fart with limited financial means? Not much of a future there. this is the reality of life. To argue otherwise is to deny the reality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Yes, there are  intelligent  Thais. As i wrote, they usually, have the same perceptions  of "foreigners" in their country, as those foreigners have of  foreigners back in their  home countries.  This means that they will associate with those in their own social  class. It is  quite unlikely that a Thai; physician, or successful entrepreneur, or owner of a large real estate portfolio, or university professor, or accomplished entertainer, or hiso etc. will take up with an elderly farang retired from his job as a lorry driver, or warehouse worker, or store manager or office clerk or oil worker, etc. living on a modest income.

Successful mentally stable people tend to  stay within their own demographics. I have no desire to  marry a 70 year old uneducated retired woman living on her government pension

Why then would you expect a Thai woman (or man) to seek out some old fart with limited financial means? Not much of a future there. this is the reality of life. To argue otherwise is to deny the reality.

What a bunch of pretentious nonsense.

• Like 1