Trump reassures Americans coronavirus risk is low, puts Pence in charge of U.S. response

webfact

On 2/28/2020 at 5:09 PM, UbonThani said:

Wrong. Markets always over react plus normal profit taking.

Another 3 months the scare is over.

Trump wins easy. There is no opposition.

There is a ton of money on the side right now just waiting for the virus news to fade away. The thing is this is a great time fro Trump for a correction. All the numbers are expected to recover in the summer right ahead of the election. China also just lost most of their bargaining power. So for Trump as far as the timing goes this couldn't have come at a more opportune time.

If this happens in September through the election that is a disaster for Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A post commenting on moderation has been removed:

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

There is a ton of money on the side right now just waiting for the virus news to fade away. The thing is this is a great time fro Trump for a correction. All the numbers are expected to recover in the summer right ahead of the election. China also just lost most of their bargaining power. So for Trump as far as the timing goes this couldn't have come at a more opportune time.

On what basis do you claim “. All the numbers are expected to recover in the summer right ahead of the election.”?

What Trump referred to as the ‘Coronavirus hoax’ has just killed its first victim in the US.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

"China also just lost most of their bargaining power". Are you kidding me? Supply chains worldwide have been disrupted, demonstrating the vulnerability of economies to this kind of black swan event. China is well on the way to replacing the US as the world's leading economy.

As proof of that, just look at China's thousands of kilometres of fast rail systems. America has about 90 km. Decaying infrastructure everywhere.

You may be right IF the coronavirus dies out in warmer weather. A pandemic in the US would mean Trump's only hope would be the coronavirus kills off more Democrats than Republicans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What Trump referred to as the ‘Coronavirus hoax’ has just killed its first victim in the US.

You're wilfully propagating fake news....he never called the disease a hoax....he called the 

Democratic weaponising of this tragedy against his administration another hoax....same like

Russia, Mueller, Ukraine etc.

Try a little honesty sometimes...it won't infect you fatally. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

You're wilfully propagating fake news....he never called the disease a hoax....he called the 

Democratic weaponising of this tragedy against his administration another hoax....same like

Russia, Mueller, Ukraine etc.

Try a little honesty sometimes...it won't infect you fatally. 

I don’t see the dems weponizing this or the stock market collapse I do see criticism of the way he’s handeling it trump is not a victim stop beeing a mark he is a predator 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tug said:

I don’t see the dems weponizing this or the stock market collapse I do see criticism of the way he’s handeling it trump is not a victim stop beeing a mark he is a predator 

He's handled it exceptionally....even pre-emptively I might add.....without his wall and "racist" travel restrictions,

think of how many infected could have slunk in and melted into society...the only thing I find tragic in what I've learned

is the scarcity of testing options....and that people have to shell out US$1600 for a test...that is kinda crazy.

When he was setting travel restrictions in place guys like Chuck Schumer were tweeting about how racist his actions were and how checks and balances were needed...now these swamp dudes are deleting those tweets.

Another dishonest reporter raised questions that his admin was muzzling dr Anthony faucci....moments

later Faucci said he hasn't been muzzled...ever. So yeahhh...we see what's going on here.....bye.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tug said:

I keep pretty close tabs on what’s going on I’m not seeing it but then again I don’t do face book fox drudge or the rest of the far rite sites by by

please get checked.....you might have a serious case of rachelmaddow-itis.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, candide said:

The Chinese tried what the Telegraph suggests at the beginning. It has been very successful, lol!

The Chinese, sad to say, are 1.7 billion people, most of whom behave most inconsiderately

(as polite a word I can muster)....you can't reason with them it must be said.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Meanwhile in the US over 27 million (around five times the population of Singapore) don’t have health insurance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

On what basis do you claim “. All the numbers are expected to recover in the summer right ahead of the election.”?

Probably on the basis that the coronavirus fairy came by and sprinkled fairy dust on Trump and the rest of the cult, telling them that everything will be A-Okay. All you gotta do is believe and click your heels together and wish real hard. A miracle, that's what Trump said. We have presidential and government policy being made  around the hope for a miracle with this virus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Ive never heard such false or misleading statements in a long time.

Get a grip on your hatred of the trump brand.

He's done a lot to prevent a S. Korea style outbreak.

Finally the foresight to build the wall and take other border precautions

are paying off.

The wall will stop them flying in. Flight restrictions to most affected countries only recently implemented. Great foresight. 

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are correct, Trump has done a lot.

Like firing the US Pandemic Response Team in 2018.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/

Exactly. Fired and not replaced.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/05/10/top-white-house-official-in-charge-of-pandemic-response-exits-abruptly/

• Like 2

20 hours ago, zydeco said:

He hasn't got a clue. Sitting there with his arms crossed for most of the hour. And clearly he doesn't understand what they're talking about. See around the 38 minute mark and after. And only one person in the room not taking notes. Guess who.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?469926-1/president-trump-meeting-pharmaceutical-executives-coronavirus

He hasn't got a clue about many things. We can just hope he doesn't meddle with it and let experts make decisions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

He's instructed the experts to fast track the development of a vaccine, so all will be well. That was after they spent some time explaining to him that the 'flu vaccine won't work on this coronavirus. What could possibly go wrong?

Yes, people need to watch that part. The idiot actually thought the existing flu vaccine would work on the coronavirus. Even when Anthony Fauci explained why it wouldn't work, Trump kept trying to argue it could. It's beyond belief.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Yes, people need to watch that part. The idiot actually thought the existing flu vaccine would work on the coronavirus. Even when Anthony Fauci explained why it wouldn't work, Trump kept trying to argue it could. It's beyond belief.

In his defense, he said a “solid” flu vaccine whatever it means in his strange mind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2020 at 4:04 AM, URMySunshine said:

For the Trump Stock shills this is the worse drop in the Dow in history. DT owns that just as he 'owned' the fag end of the bull market. Where the bottom of this market is god only knows. A week ago I was shrilly shouting SELL carnage was on its way I do hope some heeded the siren call I certainly did.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/02/27/ftse-set-plunge-coronavirus-spreads-live-updates/

I did warn them but hey ho I'm just some random bloke on the internet with a microbiology degree and not the President.

It was on January 25th that I realised the gravity and extent of this and posted this below. It is fair to say I was depressed for a week at what this meant and how it would pan out. If I could know that then sure as hell those that need to know knew it and much more for sure. Any failings are down to action now not knowledge. 

Forget tabloids. Here's a doctor's review of a study just released.

Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD - the new coronavirus is a 3.8!!! How bad is that reproductive R0 value? It is thermonuclear pandemic level bad -  I’m not exaggerating...  (R_O is the average number of new infections from each infected person)   https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1220919589623803905.html

we predict the epidemic in Wuhan will be substantially larger by 4 February (191,529 infections; prediction interval, 132,751-273,649), infection will be established in other Chinese cities, and importations to other countries will be more frequent. Our model suggests that..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Ding

Crikey that is a horror stat. He must know what he is talking about. Imagine how many people get colds in an average year - most of us do now put the coronavirus into the mix and skew it towards the old, young and immune-deficient and you are looking at a health holocaust. I hope and pray he is wrong but I'm preparing myself for the worst. 

Symptoms in infected people have ranged from mild to severe. Around a quarter of confirmed cases are severe, according to the WHO. So far, the fatality rate is around 4 percent, though that could change as the outbreak progresses.

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1

An excellent piece of investigative journalism to uncover lying Chuck Scumer.

Watch as he brags about cutting swine flu funding to the CDC years ago.

Then see his hypocritical rant against Trump.

https://710wor.iheart.com/featured/mark-simone/content/2020-03-09-2009-watch-chuck-schumer-brag-that-he-cut-funding-to-fight-the-pandemic/

• Haha 1