Problem with TM30 App

Hi,

Before heading for the 70 km trip to your local IO to file your TM30 in person, consider the following:

• TM30 compliance, although mandatory according to thai law, is not enforced in same way at every IO.  Some IOs are very strict and require that it is done within 24 hours of your arrival at your place from any domestic or international trip.  Other IOs only require it after a return from an international trip (since your TM-6 arrival/departure card has a unique number different than your previous arrival).  And some IOs don't enforce it at all.
  • TM30 compliance will ONLY be checked when visiting your local IO for a service that requires your address (e.g. an extension of stay, a residence certificate, ...).  It is not checked when you do your 90-reports in person at your IO (these 90-day reports can of course also be done on-line with no mentioning of TM30).
  • When TM30 compliance is checked when visiting your local IO, they are ONLY interested whether a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying.  They are not interested in your TM30 history, but only whether the TM30 on file matches with your current address.

Given the above, you can but it is not really needed (because not enforced) to file a TM30 when you foresee that you will do another domestic or international trip before you are required to visit your local IO if that IO enforces TM30 compliance (notably for your extension of stay).

Anyway, I did PM you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website, which will allow you to do your TM30 filings (and those of any foreign guests staying at your place) on-line.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged in to the Forum

Same problem for me. The phone app is not working. I have tried to do on-line but the point of entry question lists 247 options all in Thai. I can read Thai but I gave up trying to find Don Meuang as you cannot easily scroll down a list, just painfully search page by page.

I tried a random point of entry but it failed.

Any tips from somebody who has used the on-line method (today).

20 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Same problem for me. The phone app is not working. I have tried to do on-line but the point of entry question lists 247 options all in Thai. I can read Thai but I gave up trying to find Don Meuang as you cannot easily scroll down a list, just painfully search page by page.

now app ok

Edited by Otto2910

21 hours ago, DickThrust said:

Hi Guys, thanks for all the helpful comments. The App is now working for me and I have successfully submitted TM30. The App must have been down for maintenance or suchlike. Thanks again.

looks like their APP is down or my laptop will not connect (again)

I have tried several times phoning and have not had anyone answer. I am registered at Jomtien.

can any one send me a step by step guide to the TM30 form and what is needed, the condo owner is offshore and

I do not want to have him trying to get it done if it is just a form to fill in, I have also been told if i go to Udon Thani

Immigration(where I am going) I can fill the form and report there? so if anyone knows the drill, could you pass it on? 

if there was no income stream angle this nonsense would

never be enforced. 

Edited by zoza

43 minutes ago, zoza said:

looks like their APP is down or my laptop will not connect (again)

I have tried several times phoning and have not had anyone answer. I am registered at Jomtien.

can any one send me a step by step guide to the TM30 form and what is needed, the condo owner is offshore and

I do not want to have him trying to get it done if it is just a form to fill in, I have also been told if i go to Udon Thani

Immigration(where I am going) I can fill the form and report there? so if anyone knows the drill, could you pass it on? 

if there was no income stream angle this nonsense would

never be enforced. 

If you have a copy of the rental-agreement, you can register on the IO TM30 website as Possessor, and do your TM30s on-line.  Registering takes approx 15 minutes and receipt of username:password takes between 5 minutes and 5 working days.  Having received your u:p you can file your TM30s on-line. 

>> I have PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to do it.

On 2/27/2020 at 10:23 AM, rak sa_ngop said:

Don Muang doesn't show up. I'm assuming it's S08 listed as Bangkok,

I think I used to get that message when the app was down rev? (Sideloaded, so not automatically updated)

Current rev. (Android) shows as 1.0.20 and is working for me. I can log-in and find my filings.

I can log-in to the web based app and "Search" (and locate) my ~ 5 most recent filings.

10 hours ago, SABloke said:

Don Muang doesn't show up. I'm assuming it's S08 listed as Bangkok,

When using the Excel spreadsheet to upload your TM30 data in the IO database, that spreadsheet contains tabs providing the codes to be used for the data to be inserted.

However the tab with the entry-port info is only rendered in thai.

Here the overview of the international Airport codes for use with online reporting.

• 00S07 Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration
  • 00S08 Bangkok Airport Immigration
  • 00S09 Chiang Mai Airport Immigration Checkpoint
  • 00S10 Phuket Airport Immigration
  • 00S11 Hat Yai Airport Immigration Checkpoint

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

When using the Excel spreadsheet to upload your TM30 data in the IO database, that spreadsheet contains tabs providing the codes to be used for the data to be inserted.

They updated that xml file last year for some things but the entry points was last done 7 years ago (2556).

It is missing some airports that may of not had international flights then. Four of them I think (Krabi. Utapao, Surat Thani and Hua Hin).

Maybe the online list has been updated.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, poohy said:

Totally confused

I thought all this reporting malarkey had been scrapped???? apart from the 90 day thing!

Not the TM30 reporting. 

They did make a change so that the TM28 form is not needed for stays out of the province for more than 24 hours.

• Like 1

Ok people how do I upload my rental agreement, can I do this report to Udon Thani as a friend has suggested as that is my next trip in a few weeks?

I also attempted to register as possessor but between Survaraphumi being

80AS or whatever it was all very complicated to say the least and most self

taught computer experts are all under seventy years, and this one is lost...  

• 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, jjb said:

hi, anyone having trouble with the Section 30 app?  Can't login at all.  Have reinstalled it several times but still no dice

Any chance you are using a VPN?

Some people have had problems using the 90 day report app when using wifi. When they turned off wifi and used data it worked.

hi, I wish!  I don't use it on vpn and I've tried both wifi & data & uninstalled and reinstalled the app ... at my wits end.  Can anyone show me an example of how to fill out the online version please?  Do I need to upload the passport?

26 minutes ago, jjb said:

hi, I wish!  I don't use it on vpn and I've tried both wifi & data & uninstalled and reinstalled the app ... at my wits end.  Can anyone show me an example of how to fill out the online version please?  Do I need to upload the passport?

I PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM-30 website and file your TM30s on-line.  Registering and filing your very first TM-30 will take approx 1/2 hour and subsequent ones will take 2-3 minutes max.  Easy peasy (if you know how to do it). Success!

>> To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum

Edited by Peter Denis

On 6/3/2020 at 8:19 AM, jjb said:

hi, anyone having trouble with the Section 30 app?  Can't login at all.  Have reinstalled it several times but still no dice

The section38 app is also not working on my phone.

When I click on the app, I get the "Loading" message. Then either of the two message screens shown below. After pressing "Done" on the message pop-up screen, I get the login screen, but after entering my userid/password and pressing "LOGIN"  nothing appears to happen. I am not using a VPN and I have tried switching wifi off with the same results.

loading.jpg

mnf.jpg

tmsg.jpg

EDIT: Just tried the web version and it also appears not to be working.

TM30.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Looks like online 90 day reporting via the web is also not working.

Seems to be a problem with extranet.immigration.go.th 

I just went on the site. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

If using a VPN it will not open. It may not work with some Thai ISP's as well (reported problem with 90 day reporting site). If on mobile try switching to data instead of wifi.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I just went on the site. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

If using a VPN it will not open. It may not work with some Thai ISP's as well (reported problem with 90 day reporting site). If on mobile try switching to data instead of wifi.

Yes, my mistake once more. I was doing the web links on my PC and forgot I had VPN on. Using the app on my mobile I tried switching to data but got the same results. i.e. Couldn't access the section38 app.

4 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

with or without vpn

This site can’t be reached

extranet.immigration.go.th took too long to respond.

ERR_TIMED_OUT

FYI > Just checked.  No problem accessing

- TM-30 on-line >  https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online

- 90-day reporting on-line >  https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do