BANGKOK
delgarcon

Where can I get tested for the Coronavirus and if necessary treatment?

I live in Koh Phangan with my gf and would like to know who we should contact if one or both of us develop symptoms of the virus. 

According to that thread yesterday you can call 1422 Department of Disease Control

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply scuba, but if the non existent info on their website is anything to go by I hope I never need to call them. There is no mention of the virus on the site and most of the links don't work.

• Like 1

aint no extra 14 day holiday for free in Thailand Dorothy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, donmuang37 said:

The OP is incorrect to state the risk of serious highway accidents is "minuscule."  Even if a driver or pedestrian exercises extreme caution, they cannot control the often reckless actions of others. Thailand has one of the most dangerous highway systems in the world.  Time to wake up and smell the coffee!  Good luck.

another non rider who knows it all

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Isn't that also the number for the government dog catcher?

I imagine that number is useless

1 hour ago, donmuang37 said:

The OP is incorrect to state the risk of serious highway accidents is "minuscule."  Even if a driver or pedestrian exercises extreme caution, they cannot control the often reckless actions of others. Thailand has one of the most dangerous highway systems in the world.  Time to wake up and smell the coffee!  Good luck.

Totally agree, Donmuang, and anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly misguided. I have lived in UK and USA for about 38 years combined, and do not know of one friend or acquaintance killed in a traffic accident, yet here, for the same amount of time, I have lost count 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just go to your local hospital. They will determine if you need COVID19 testing based on your travel history as well as your symptoms. Also note if you have been to any of the 9 countries listed on the MOPH website and have symptoms within 14 days you have to report to a hospital immediately (by the Act).  https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, delgarcon said:

I live in Koh Phangan with my gf and would like to know who we should contact if one or both of us develop symptoms of the virus. 

symptoms are one thing. what will you do if you test positive?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

symptoms are one thing. what will you do if you test positive?

He will go in self-imposed quarantine on Koh Noy, a 4 sqm rock just 25 km off Koh Phangan... v

• Like 1