Ex-EastEnders star Sid Owen has jaw shattered and six teeth smashed out by a golf ball on Thai getaway

webfact

RICKAARGH! 

Ex-EastEnders star Sid Owen has jaw shattered and six teeth smashed out by a golf ball on Thai getaway

EXCLUSIVE

Simon Boyle, Bizarre Editor

so.jpg

Sid Owens has had to undergo emergency reconstructive surgery after a golf ball shattered his face

EASTENDER Sid Owen was told by doctors he could have died if the golf ball that smashed him in the face had been just two inches higher.

The star, 48, needed emergency reconstructive surgery after it shattered his jaw and sent several teeth flying.

Sid, who was on a detox holiday in Thailand, said: “One minute I’m playing a round and the next I’m in total agony and on my way to hospital.

“But actually I’ve almost been lucky because they’ve told me if it had hit me two inches higher up I’d probably be dead from that sort of impact.”

However, Sid — rumoured to be returning to EastEnders as much-loved Ricky Butcher — is still in crippling agony five weeks after the freak accident.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11041923/eastenders-sid-owen-face-smashed-golf-ball/

-- THE SUN 2020-02-27

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

His remaining teeth don't look that healthy either.

"I came here for a detox to relax"

Can't help feeling Pattaya was the wrong destination for a guy in detox.

....... I didn't go anywhere near the bars, honest ..........

I think he meant “Retox” not detox...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

You will probably go to Hell for making that comment....

(it was exactly my first thought too....????)

way more generous than me....i thought ladyboy ..lol

Edited by wombat
  • Like 1

I notice that the article is tagged as "entertainment" rather than "news".  I also notice that it is from an article in "The Sun".  So most likely it will be full of holes (possibly 18) and lacking in any credibility.

Having said that I wish him well and a speedy recovery.  

9 hours ago, webfact said:

“But actually I’ve almost been lucky because they’ve told me if it had hit me two inches higher up I’d probably be dead from that sort of impact.”

Two inches further to his right side would have done him a favour... he could have the whole set done.