Murder victim in suitcase: He is Chinese and came with a group of 15 that stayed in Pattaya

webfact

Murder victim in suitcase: He is Chinese and came with a group of 15 that stayed in Pattaya

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police in Kamphaeng Phet have determined that the man found stuffed in a suitcase that washed aground on a sandbank in the Ping River is a Chinese national. 

He was named as 30 year old Jun Wang. 

He was found in Lan Dorkmai sub-district, Muang district of Kamphaeng Phet in the north of Thailand..

His feet were tied by plastic cable ties and his arms and body were secured by rope. There were reports that two men were seen dumping two bags from a bridge about 500 meters away.

Pol Maj-Gen Damrong Petrapong of Region 6 police met with investigators yesterday to discuss developments. 

CCTV indicates that a minivan was involved and that the van was likely rented by a Chinese person. Where it came from is not yet known. 

The victim came into Thailand on February 12th in a group of 15 people who stayed in Pattaya. 

The movements of the group were described as "not normal".

The rest of the group are believed to have gone back to China on the 14th. 

Investigations continue. 

Daily News published two pictures of the deceased taken from his passport and a latest photo that appeared to be at an immigration counter. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-27
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

The perfect dumping ground, that is until the body surfaced in the bag.

I hope it was a quick death. RIP

Why is it a perfect dumping ground?

OK , The river around that "island" was dredged about 10 years ago to remove silt and improve river flow but it was always gonna get caught up some where there ...The next bridge down would have been better. Faster river flow and less eyes...

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Why is it a perfect dumping ground?

OK , The river around that "island" was dredged about 10 years ago to remove silt and improve river flow but it was always gonna get caught up some where there ...The next bridge down would have been better. Faster river flow and less eyes...

It was a figure of speech, i.e. go on holidays with your mates, leave one behind, if you were going to get rid of him, any questions, all anyone would have to say is, we last saw him when he went to go back to the hotel.

I mean, no one would ask about him in Thailand because they wouldn't know he was missing, back in China it would be hard to investigate, probably fell in love and decided to stay, another overstayer as far as Thailand would be concerned, people disappear all the time overseas.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The victim came into Thailand on February 12th in a group of 15 people who stayed in Pattaya. The movements of the group were described as "not normal". The rest of the group are believed to have gone back to China on the 14th.

Boy, I know we have all gone a bit crazy on a bender in Pattaya sometimes, but not a great advert to drive you crazy , commit murder, dispose of a corpse and fly home within 48 hours.

28 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

It was a figure of speech, i.e. go on holidays with your mates, leave one behind, if you were going to get rid of him, any questions, all anyone would have to say is, we last saw him when he went to go back to the hotel.

I mean, no one would ask about him in Thailand because they wouldn't know he was missing, back in China it would be hard to investigate, probably fell in love and decided to stay, another overstayer as far as Thailand would be concerned, people disappear all the time overseas.

Of course you are correct in that sense but a stabbing and killing outside the Phet hotel from the nightclub wouldn't have carried any news because it happens so often  ....and certainly wouldn't have been news worthy for Thaivisa..

Unless you are an undercover journalist investigating the illegal exportation of hazardous goods to Africa.....Nah!  

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"not normal"

What is not normal?!? In many societies 'normal' is defined as doing the same stupid things everybody does...
In general, I like not-normal people so much better than the boring normal people. I know I am not normal and proud of it ????????

8 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Perhaps he did not pay for his round of drinks

more likely that his chinese friends had too much to drink and killed him,

or maybe it was a chinese criminal gang and they had a long time dispute.

when i visited china i allmost was attacked there twice for refusing to drink

as they offered to me. what started as a friendly invitation to join a group

of man drinking, soon turned into a nightmare when they forced me to

finish another cup of warm beer and another one, surrounding me and shouting

with very serious and aggresive looking faces. 

Their mistake was putting too much effort into concealing the body.   Rookie error for LOS.

Hang it in the guy's room, throw it off a balcony, or run over it with a car and leave it at the side of a road, and it could have been the perfect crime suicide.

• Like 1