Looking to India for relief: Growth in Indian tourist arrivals may alleviate COVID-19 fallout

webfact

good news everybody

India is the highest TB burden country with World Health Organization (WHO) statistics for 2011 giving an estimated incidence figure of 2.2 million cases of TB for India out of a global incidence of 9.6 million cases. ... This issue of drug-resistant TB began with MDR-TB, and moved on to XDR-TB.

you know that is 1 year of antibiotics worth and TB spreads much better than corona

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes, but if i was a millionaire I doubt I'd want to visit next door, when i could visit the next town

Lot's of Indian tourists in London this year.  Not sure what you mean about "next door" against the "next town"..  It's true enough that you now see lot's of wealthy Indians on holiday in the Maldives and Seychelles but also in Paris and the South of France.  It is also true that Thailand attracts plenty of cheap Charlies, budget tour groups and worlds back packers along with the five star tourists staying at the top hotels and luxury villas.

That is the beauty (or curse, depending on your point of view) of Thailand.  There is something for everyone.  I enjoyed my time there immensely, from the dodgy nightlife to the cheap housing, great food and lot's of good beaches only a short plane ride away.  It has changed considerably now but still has a lot to attract the newbies.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Already many here having to make the decision if they should stay in Thailand or go home, before the decision is made for them

Home is where the heart is ... I'll stay in Thailand , not because I like it so much , but because I do not think that is is better in any way where I came from ... I do not care if I will die in Thailand or somewhere else , some day I'll die an anyway , but , at least I had a life before death .

The Virus is ' Pacha Mama's " present to the most developed species on this planet ... oh wait there are the dolphins with their bigger and more sophisticated brain , what a pity they cannot talk to us ... Anyway , present to the ' second most developed species ' than ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

In this changing world of ours it is more likely that the Indian tourists will buy two seats on their flights with the second to carry their stash of money to spend.  India has the second fastest growing economy in the world after China and that is why they are being targeted so enthusiastically. 

No, China is not the first economy of the world , and regarding India, the interesting thing is not that they are fast growing, you have to start with from what they are growing, and then you will see that they are not a big player, at least not yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Yes, agreed, if they carry back the Covid19 Virus to their home Country, the results will be very ugly indeed.

1.3 Billion people, poor Sanitation, poor Hygiene, poor Healthcare Etc Etc

Great ,that should cull a few thousand/million 

Giving the Thais racism and their utter disgust of people with different skin colours .... go figure. And this includes not only dark skinned fellows like Southasians in general and Indians in particular but also alien farang, aka Caucasians. 

Beware though, Khun Somchai, as Indians are born 10 times smarter than you ever will get after 15 years in the educational slammer of the Land of the Free! 

Good luck with that piece of the tourism cake; it will be an uphill battle you will be losing one day as they outsmart you before they got into one of those highway robbers called "Taxi"! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

As usual, Thailand will attract those from the bottom of the barrel, the cheap tourists. Indians with money will go in the opposite direction, to Dubai. Just as close and far higher standards and infrastructure.

And cheap Charlie expat pensioners. You left them off your list.