BANGKOK
Batty

Flights booked to UK in June - should I cancel

Thats what U get if you think you can play for travel-agent by yourself.

First: even if the flite might be non-ref the TAXes are not, though an airline may put some admin. fee on it to reimburse. They make out till near half on a tipical lowcost return to EUR.

If the worst come to the worse, then all airls till now have offered free rebooking or even money back when they were ordered to stop flites to a certain area.

• Sad 3

Use Booking.com with a cancellable option if you are concerned the possibility of the trip not going ahead.

You could do your visa now if you are only planning the one holiday this year. 

Why do you think a Settlement application would fail ? 

just go, if cannot get a refund. I have to fly back in June as well so I know what you are feeling. I do not think they will ban your wife and just let you travel, if it is so bad then they will stop everyone. The other thing is, if it is so bad in June then I think the whole world is *****. There is 4 months to go so wait an see, nothing to loose as tickets are non refundable

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Andyfez said:

The flu season doesn't usually go on till June....

Who knows?

Live life normally. Don't let this social media hysteria get to you.

Stay with the facts we Know.

Yes, totally agree with that, once people adopt stand a metre away wash their hands more frequently, use hand gel after holding on to hand rails and busy door handles, stop touching their face and eye areas when they are out etc The spread should drop away hopefully.

I've bought face masks but only intend to use them whilst passing through Bangkok Airport, if in a very busy area, and they are more to address the perception of others (unless they are sneezing and coughing in close proximity in a queue...

OP I would just go ahead with your plans, and book refundable basis if not to disproportionate to the non-refundable version...

The virus will no longer be new in June...

I'm buying more shares today, those that have panic sold, will have caught a cold by summer 🙂.

• Like 2

I know it is scary but like you I had booked non refundable ticket to UK flying on March 26th. I have checked so far and keeping eye on it daily developments but all information I have is ii should be ok until of course one has high temperature or so. Self quironteed for 14 days in the worst circumstances. Just to be safe I purchased Travel Insurance yesterday

so to get refund obviously subject to their terms conditions. airlines will offer full refund if they cancel flights.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John9 said:

I know it is scary but like you I had booked non refundable ticket to UK flying on March 26th. I have checked so far and keeping eye on it daily developments ......

We'll maybe see you at the airport then 🙂....

• Like 1

I'm booked for mid May, I still plan to go.

• Like 1

It's a bit early to cancel. I just canceled a trip to Japan with THAI airways.....a non refundable, non changeable ticket. They changed it to the latter part of the year with no charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have found out over the years that booking direct with an airline is the better option as their refunds and change fees are more reasonable.

Book with an Agent and you whilst the fare is cheaper but if you cancel generally there is no refund. Cost to change if you can is expensive as I know, from experience they add the airlines fee then their admin costs.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, asanee said:

Thats what U get if you think you can play for travel-agent by yourself.

First: even if the flite might be non-ref the TAXes are not, though an airline may put some admin. fee on it to reimburse. They make out till near half on a tipical lowcost return to EUR.

If the worst come to the worse, then all airls till now have offered free rebooking or even money back when they were ordered to stop flites to a certain area.

If you buy Travel Insurance now that covers flights and accommodation and make it effective from the date you leave your home until you arrive back to your home, you should be able to get re-imbursed for your expenses in event of cancellation.

• Like 1