Flights booked to UK in June - should I cancel

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

It is a "sticky"  construct, and thrives in humid, moderate environments.

Not sure that is correct information.

Currently 7 degrees Celcius in Wuhan.

More correct to say transmission is more likely in a closed environment with people in close contact e.g church in South Korea.

52 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Not sure that is correct information.

Currently 7 degrees Celcius in Wuhan.

More correct to say transmission is more likely in a closed environment with people in close contact e.g church in South Korea.

Quite. SARS was a coronavirus and broke out in Guangdong Nov 2002, ended July 2003.

My niece went to uni in Guangzhou and we had to buy her a heater for the winter months.

The worst areas outside China are all relatively cool, even Iran.

I had to change my flight from May to June from BKK to London, checked details on my ticket from the travel agent, can change but they charge £145 plus what ever the airline may charge. I called EVA air direct and they checked flights for the date in June and said the fights on the day I want to fly are priced the same as my original ticket (booked a year ago) cost would be £95.00 so paid straight away.

Tip of the day: check with your airline to see if you can change the ticket directly with them instead of agent.

7 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

I had to change my flight from May to June from BKK to London, checked details on my ticket from the travel agent, can change but they charge £145 plus what ever the airline may charge. I called EVA air direct and they checked flights for the date in June and said the fights on the day I want to fly are priced the same as my original ticket (booked a year ago) cost would be £95.00 so paid straight away.

Tip of the day: check with your airline to see if you can change the ticket directly with them instead of agent.

You were fortunate as in general if you book through an agent any changes you have to go through them. I had an Emirates flight booked through an agent called Emirates no you have to through the agent £295 !

Generally good advice so far. Only thing i would add as a possible alternative is not booking the accommodation until much later. With so many cancelling planned holidays vacancies will be numerous so unlikely to have a booking issue.

A lot of conflicting stories about, reading this morning about Qatar and Thai Moto GP's being cancelled because the Italian teams couldn't fly. I'm flying Milan/Qatar/Bangkok on the 24th so phoned Qatar in Manchester and they were, yes no problem flights are exactly the same, happy holidays ????.

Archived