Video: Driver trapped as fire engine overturns in Phuket

webfact

Video: Driver trapped as fire engine overturns in Phuket

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A brief CCTV clip showed the moment that a water carrying fire engine overturned on the way to a fire in Phuket.

The driver, named as Wacharin, 55, had to be cut out of his cab by Kusontham rescue personnel and taken to hospital.

One other fireman was slightly injured.

The Ratsada municipal team were on their way to a grass fire on the hill at Khao Wat Koh Sarae. 

An alternative fire engine was sent to the fire. 

Daily News reported that the truck did not have a full load of water that might have contributed to the driver losing control. 

An investigation is underway after the accident near some red lights in Talat Yai, Muang Phuket. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-27

35 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

Caused also by "Jazz woman" ?

No other vehicle appears to have been involved in this accident as far as what was shown on the CCTV is concerned, not even a "Jazz woman".  What is a "Jazz woman"?

Edited by Just Weird

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say .............. brake failure! ????

As a former Fire Apparatus Engineer in my early days, I took an off-ramp with my engine tank being only half full, as we were running to a house fire from a vehicle fire.  As I hit the bottom of the off-ramp and turned left, holy mother of god, the teeth in my ass bit into the seat, as I was up onto the outside wheels because of the transfer of water as it slid up and put all the weight onto that side.  Luckily I was able to pull it out of the tilt and made it to the call safely.   My firefighter however, was extremely displeased with me, and would never be my swamper again.  Its easy to do, and no brake failure is not a reason.  Sheer stupidity, and I admit my <deleted> mistake, is the prime reason.  As others would say HUA....

• Like 1

I'm constantly amazed at the interest our little island and its antics provides for people elsewhere in the country, along with armchair 'assessments'.

Glad we keep you amused. I guess it was a quiet news day again up north.

12 hours ago, samsensam said:
20 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No other vehicle appears to have been involved in this accident as far as what was shown on the CCTV is concerned, not even a "Jazz woman".  What is a "Jazz woman"?

oh do try to keep up!

If you're so up to date why don't you answer my question or contradict my first sentence if it is wrong?

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

As a former Fire Apparatus Engineer in my early days, I took an off-ramp with my engine tank being only half full, as we were running to a house fire from a vehicle fire.  As I hit the bottom of the off-ramp and turned left, holy mother of god, the teeth in my ass bit into the seat, as I was up onto the outside wheels because of the transfer of water as it slid up and put all the weight onto that side.  Luckily I was able to pull it out of the tilt and made it to the call safely.   My firefighter however, was extremely displeased with me, and would never be my swamper again.  Its easy to do, and no brake failure is not a reason.  Sheer stupidity, and I admit my <deleted> mistake, is the prime reason.  As others would say HUA....

I once came across an accident where a  fire tanker, similar to the one in the video, had fallen on it's side when exiting Perth airport and turning left onto the hwy. They blamed the water sloshing around in the tank, not the speed they attempted the turn.

• Like 1