My Passport, after Immigration gets done stapling all their useless pieces of paper in it.

Just now, NanLaew said:

But if you lose any of them, you will find out how 'useless' they really are.

Well that's the problem.  Since they are all written in Thai, with Thai dates, it's impossible to tell which are necessary and which are not.  From time to time, a kindly Imm officer will take about half of them out for me that aren't important, but somehow they just keep adding up.  It's all just part of living in the "Magic" Kingdom I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Used to take them all out and kept them with the documents for visa renewal.

I couldn't see the use of them staying in the passport which I even use rarely.

Only when IO involved it is needed for border crossing and extensions. Labour deps, domestic flights, local police and banks never asked for those.

Not long ago the size of the departure card (tm6) changed and now that is the only thing that I leave stapled in the passport.

No more rabbit ears hanging out the passport, now only one ear as an guinea pig ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Well that's the problem.  Since they are all written in Thai, with Thai dates, it's impossible to tell which are necessary and which are not.  From time to time, a kindly Imm officer will take about half of them out for me that aren't important, but somehow they just keep adding up.  It's all just part of living in the "Magic" Kingdom I guess.

make sure you keep them all because if you don't it will cost you.

and make sure you make copies of each of the papers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

The only things stapled in my passport are my TM-6 departure card (getting a bit dog-eared now) and my 90 day report receipt.

What else are people getting stapled?

maybe a tm 30 and that's all that is needed

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

The only things stapled in my passport are my TM-6 departure card (getting a bit dog-eared now) and my 90 day report receipt.

As well as TM 47 and tm30 is stapled and immigration tells me I should staple the receipt for multi entry and visa extension to prove it is real. I actually copied and reduced the last ones as it was getting silly.

• Like 1

I use the old staples from the TM6 to figure out how many times I have been in the airport. Once  I pulled out 55 old staples in a 2 year span... Recently they haven't even bothered stapling it, just shove it in and hope it doesn't get lost.

I unstaple everything and just keep my TM6, 90 day report slip and my TM30 paper clipped in the passport. I have a pink alien ID card which I keep in my wallet and it serves for everything except immigration stuff. Passport stays in the safe until needed to travel outside of Thailand or for immigration use at the immigration office.

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

My TM-28 and TM-30, too. 

19 hours ago, Crossy said:

Other than the TM6-card and the 90-days report receipt, I keep my TM30 report receipt stapled in my passport. If immigration for some reason asks for it,then I know where it is. 

1 hour ago, smccolley said:

I use the old staples from the TM6 to figure out how many times I have been in the airport. Once  I pulled out 55 old staples in a 2 year span... Recently they haven't even bothered stapling it, just shove it in and hope it doesn't get lost.

I noticed that - so I stapled the TM6 into my PP myself!  Just seems less trouble than what might happen if I lost it!

I have a fairly new passport with just two trips to the kingdom in it. Of course that required two visits to Cambodia and 4 extensions plus a dozen TM30s and TM6. The U.S. IO looked at it and said, "Do you ever stay home?"

5 hours ago, Dogbarker said:

As well as TM 47 and tm30 is stapled and immigration tells me I should staple the receipt for multi entry and visa extension to prove it is real. I actually copied and reduced the last ones as it was getting silly.

I don't even know where my extension receipt is, all I've got in my passport is the departure card (Where the passport number is no longer correct) from 2005 and the 90 day paper slip, nobody has tried to put anything else in.