BANGKOK
WaveHunter

My Passport, after Immigration gets done stapling all their useless pieces of paper in it.

Just now, NanLaew said:

But if you lose any of them, you will find out how 'useless' they really are.

Well that's the problem.  Since they are all written in Thai, with Thai dates, it's impossible to tell which are necessary and which are not.  From time to time, a kindly Imm officer will take about half of them out for me that aren't important, but somehow they just keep adding up.  It's all just part of living in the "Magic" Kingdom I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Used to take them all out and kept them with the documents for visa renewal.

I couldn't see the use of them staying in the passport which I even use rarely.

Only when IO involved it is needed for border crossing and extensions. Labour deps, domestic flights, local police and banks never asked for those.

Not long ago the size of the departure card (tm6) changed and now that is the only thing that I leave stapled in the passport.

No more rabbit ears hanging out the passport, now only one ear as an guinea pig 😉

• Like 1

i got loads of invoices in my passport when i got my non imm o and extension, I guess they are proving they've done something. I took all mine out

Edited by scubascuba3

Yeah I got a TM.6 and nothing else.

My 90 day report I print out the approved receipt and it just lives in the little wallet thingo the Aus gumbyment gave me to store my passport.

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

Well that's the problem.  Since they are all written in Thai, with Thai dates, it's impossible to tell which are necessary and which are not.  From time to time, a kindly Imm officer will take about half of them out for me that aren't important, but somehow they just keep adding up.  It's all just part of living in the "Magic" Kingdom I guess.

make sure you keep them all because if you don't it will cost you.

and make sure you make copies of each of the papers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

The only things stapled in my passport are my TM-6 departure card (getting a bit dog-eared now) and my 90 day report receipt.

What else are people getting stapled?

maybe a tm 30 and that's all that is needed

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

But if you lose any of them, you will find out how 'useless' they really are.

But how is this handled on arrival / departure if the traveler used the automatic passport gate?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

The only things stapled in my passport are my TM-6 departure card (getting a bit dog-eared now) and my 90 day report receipt.

What else are people getting stapled?

As well as TM 47 and tm30 is stapled and immigration tells me I should staple the receipt for multi entry and visa extension to prove it is real. I actually copied and reduced the last ones as it was getting silly.

• Like 1

I pass the time waiting in immigration lines pulling out all those tiny staples.... something like fidget spinners

• Haha 2

I use the old staples from the TM6 to figure out how many times I have been in the airport. Once  I pulled out 55 old staples in a 2 year span... Recently they haven't even bothered stapling it, just shove it in and hope it doesn't get lost.