My Passport, after Immigration gets done stapling all their useless pieces of paper in it.

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Ohh ok, yeah I keep mine in the filing cabinet at home along with other miscellaneous documents and forms.

So did I, but, learned from experience that it's better to keep these 3 documents stapled in the passport.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

So did I, but, learned from experience that it's better to keep these 3 documents stapled in the passport.

Yeah not sure why to be honest I would need to have a copy of my TM.30 on me at all times when I carry my passport...............which is one to odd occasion I need to go to the bank.

Can understand if going to immigration like Iam this afternoon to grab a residency cert but its no bother to grab the TM.30 and add it to the other mountain of paperwork I need to take.

Once.....just once I was given a plastic sleeve that fitted perfectly on the last page of my passport and the I.O at the time put my departure  slip, receipt  for extension and  90 day slip all in with no staples.

Sadly when I exited  on a re entry the Swampy I.O removed it and all the contents without me realizing !

Never seen another  one since.

Back to  staples !

7 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ohh ok, yeah I keep mine in the filing cabinet at home along with other miscellaneous documents and forms.

Go to your local immigration office for your annual extension or whatever reason you're going there, and suddenly they want to see your TM30 receipt even if they haven't asked for it before. The TM30 receipt is the smallest of them all and can even get smaller using a pair of scissors. You read all the time about people "losing" the TM6-card or something else they are supposed to keep. Some of them don't want a few holes made by the stapler. My passport has 34 pages and I don't care if my TM30 receipt is stapled to one of them. Better there than nowhere, if you know what I mean.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Go to your local immigration office for your annual extension or whatever reason you're going there, and suddenly they want to see your TM30 receipt even if they haven't asked for it before. The TM30 receipt is the smallest of them all and can even get smaller using a pair of scissors. You read all the time about people "losing" the TM6-card or something else they are supposed to keep. Some of them don't want a few holes made by the stapler. My passport has 34 pages and I don't care if my TM30 receipt is stapled to one of them. Better there than nowhere, if you know what I mean.

My TM30 is A4 in sze as I do a screen grab and print that when I do mine online.

As for immigration and extensions, The HR dept here sorts all that malarky... I just show up, smile and sign on the dotted line.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

The only things stapled in my passport are my TM-6 departure card (getting a bit dog-eared now) and my 90 day report receipt.

What else are people getting stapled?

Both of those and TM30 Receipt

I once had a China visa offer almost not let me into China despite having a multiple entry visa to China because there were repeated staple jokes in the visa from the thai immigration people repeatedly stapling “useless” papers on the back side of the same page. Apparently the Chinese immigration officers can’t possibly fathom the ridiculousness of such abuse of a stapler, and had a hard time believing that someone else had defaced their visa and not me. Eventually he did cave in, only because of my pleading and showing the same excessive stapling in my wife’s passport who was standing next to me in the same line.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:45 PM, NCC1701A said:

make sure you keep them all because if you don't it will cost you.

and make sure you make copies of each of the papers. 

I'd make multiple copies of each...just to be really sure. The more the better! :vampire:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 1:31 PM, soalbundy said:

I don't even know where my extension receipt is, all I've got in my passport is the departure card (Where the passport number is no longer correct) from 2005 and the 90 day paper slip, nobody has tried to put anything else in.

When we were issued with the visa extension and multi entry we got a receipt for paying money. We were advised we should keep it in the passport as evidence in case of error. Having had one issue before we decided to make a small copy and put that in. Must say we did get a smile and nod when the IO flipped it opened last time ... 

On 2/27/2020 at 3:10 PM, Crossy said:

The only things stapled in my passport are my TM-6 departure card (getting a bit dog-eared now) and my 90 day report receipt.

What else are people getting stapled?

Tm30 address and payment receipt stapled by immigration last year.

• 2 weeks later...