University, high school students rise up for democracy

webfact

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on who to eat for lunch. In the west we are told that "Russians" are interfering mysteriously in our elections. If ordinary voters can't make independent decisions irrespective of seeing phoney information how is democracy a good system?

There are many things we aren't allowed to speak against in so called democracies; the whole gender nonsense, drag queen story hour, gay pride parades, feminist policies, mass immigration from the third world.

Whoever is paying for this democracy movement in Thailand is going to want a return. It won't benefit ordinary people.

Democracy is basically rule by whoever controls the various media (TV, newspapers, social media). It is a system which has failed. I prefer a benevolent dictator. 

On 2/28/2020 at 2:08 PM, dbrenn said:

The west says it's a democracy, but is it one really? When we vote, what are the different ideologies that are available to us to choose from? Think about it.

I like the present government in Thailand because it's conservative and maintains peace. That's why I voted for them and that's why they won the last general election. You should support their right to govern, believing in democracy as you claim to do - or do you only believe in it when your side wins elections?

The absence of war does not equal peace!

Edited by Saint Nick
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Tell me one that was.

That is not the point!

You are cheering for the Prayuth - government, having won a fair election!

That is your point and it is ridiculous!

Not every other election, that has been held somewhere in the world at some time or another!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nemo38 said:

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on who to eat for lunch. In the west we are told that "Russians" are interfering mysteriously in our elections. If ordinary voters can't make independent decisions irrespective of seeing phoney information how is democracy a good system?

There are many things we aren't allowed to speak against in so called democracies; the whole gender nonsense, drag queen story hour, gay pride parades, feminist policies, mass immigration from the third world.

Whoever is paying for this democracy movement in Thailand is going to want a return. It won't benefit ordinary people.

Democracy is basically rule by whoever controls the various media (TV, newspapers, social media). It is a system which has failed. I prefer a benevolent dictator. 

Ahm...no...no and no...

In "so called democracies" you are allowed to speak for or against almost anything!

In Thailand there are real subjects, you can absolutely not talk about!

I have yet to see any dumb US- senator, talking about "men in dresses, wanting to pee in women's toilets" and get arrested for that!

Yet here in Thailand...well...do the letters L & M mean anything to you?

Not as in the cigarette- brand, but...

And if democracy would be ruled by who controls the media, it would not be a democracy!

So I call BS on your post!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nemo38 said:

Thailand Protests: “Students” Fight to Save Washington’s Billionaire Proxy

However, the Western media’s eager support for the small mob complete with quotes of support from the US Embassy in Bangkok should be the first clue that it has little to do with actual democracy or Thailand’s best interests and more to do with bolstering Western proxies in Thailand and boosting waning Western influence in Thailand, and across wider Asia vis-a-vis China.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

No worries, you can always move to China.

Very difficult to get PR there, so no need to even talk about citizenship. If China suddenly grants PR status to all overseas Chinese, Malaysia's currency would hyper-inflate.