Urgently Need A Good Neurolgist In Chiang Mai, English Speaking

LOUIS65

I had a brain clot a week ago, and went to a large hospital in Chiang mai. My doctor speaks hardly any English , nor seems to have had much experience. She has perscribed me a high dose  Warafarin

which I have never taken before. It seems to have made me rather worse. 

Please, I must find another Neurologist in Chaing mai for a second opinion as quiclly as possible, can anyone reccommend please ? 

If I had the money/insurance, I would go to Singapore or a western country for continued care.

I am impressed, for the most part, with routine/general medical care here.  I have been through two hospitalizations and have been OK with the majority of my care.  (OK, there was one pretty big mistake made - and it had to do with blood thinners, ironically -but I’m trying to remain positive).

As a retired medical professional, my advice is to leave Thailand for this particular diagnosis.  Singapore, US, Canada, Europe would be my primary picks.

P.S.  Warfarin might be the best choice for you, but maybe not.  This is not my area of knowledge nor expertise...but I would look into second or third opinions when considering high-dose warfarin.

Best of luck to you.  Please keep us posted.  We can learn from your experience.

Thank you very much for your help.

I found the well -reputed  Neurologist whom I had heard about on this forum: Dr. Surat Tanprawate . Fluent english ! He now only works at Sriphat Medical Center Sat. mngs. 9-12

However he has his own clinic at ChivaCare Medical and Physical Therapy Clinic , 8 soi 11 Siri Mangkalajarn Rd Suthep Chiang mai, (off the Nimmanahaemin Road, easy to find). Tel 096 9800126.  052 005 457.  www. chivacare.com. He is there Tue and Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings. 500 baht fee. 

He sent me for an M.R.V. scan , back of head, which I did at the Sirphat, 11.500 B. Luckily  the scan came back all clear.  I had stopped all my medication from the hospital, and I now  feel fine , I think the Warfarin made me ill , and the dose was far too high. There are now many replacements for Warfarin. 

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 5:39 PM, LOUIS65 said:

Thank you very much for your help.

I found the well -reputed  Neurologist whom I had heard about on this forum: Dr. Surat Tanprawate . Fluent english ! He now only works at Sriphat Medical Center Sat. mngs. 9-12

However he has his own clinic at ChivaCare Medical and Physical Therapy Clinic , 8 soi 11 Siri Mangkalajarn Rd Suthep Chiang mai, (off the Nimmanahaemin Road, easy to find). Tel 096 9800126.  052 005 457.  www. chivacare.com. He is there Tue and Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings. 500 baht fee. 

He sent me for an M.R.V. scan , back of head, which I did at the Sirphat, 11.500 B. Luckily  the scan came back all clear.  I had stopped all my medication from the hospital, and I now  feel fine , I think the Warfarin made me ill , and the dose was far too high. There are now many replacements for Warfarin. 

that is excellent news--happy for you--what made you think you had some blood clot in the first place??

• Like 1