Corona Virus update How is Thailand doing in containing it

realenglish1

14 minutes ago, nausea said:

I think it's endemic. Most guys or gals won't go to a hospital, they'll just ride it out. I, personally, have had lung problems, but it's not so bad. 

The difference between CV and other various illnesses is its high degree of transmission to others around. It's one thing if someone wants to ride out an routine illness at home. It's a different thing if doing so with CV risks exposure to everyone else around them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The difference between CV and other various illnesses is its high degree of transmission to others around. It's one thing if someone wants to ride out an routine illness at home. It's a different thing if doing so with CV risks exposure to everyone else around them.

The vast majority of people in this country aren't going to care about that.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

CNN has about 500,000 audience Fox has over 3 million Seems the majority Trust Fox more than CNN

But more trusted Gilligan and the professor...  Same plots, similar characters, new generation.

image.png.74e22596e0b6f20c7a43b65f28ec6a15.png

Edited by CanuckThai
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

CNN and The Guardian have said it's Trump's fault so not sure how trustworthy your news source is

LOL...CNN, all the fake news that's unfit to print.  That's a great source for being as uninformed as you can possibly be IMO, though MSNBC is even worse.  They are so bad it's actually entertaining to see how far they can stretch the truth and still keep a straight face with their nonsensical rhetoric.

True journalism is a thing of the past and great journalists like Walter Cronkite would be rolling over in their grave if they heard some of the stuff that's reported as news these days.  What a magnificent journalist he really was!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

I think Thailand is doing a pretty good job shops and supermarkets still full of everything you need I've just been talking to an English couple who arrived from HK they told me cant buy toilet rolls among many other things

• Like 1

The government of Thailand is about as competent, effective and well organized as a government of an average African country, so I'd be very concerned about its ability to control this virus outbreak. I'm not in Thailand right now, but if I had been, I'd have left by mid-January at the latest. I imagine the virus is rampant all over Thailand by now.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Recently read that the seasonal flu causes death in .02 cases, that would mean that this virus at 2-3% is something to be really on your toes about. Wash your hands and keep them away form your face, mask in crowded enclosed spaces and aware of whether the guy next to you looks sick. Just be careful and aware, not to be downplayed. Get your info from the cdc or W.H.O, not from Fox News.

Edited by nycjoe

On 2/27/2020 at 5:17 PM, NCC1701A said:

the government of Thailand is not going to do anything at all. it is all theater.

and you should NEVER rely of any government when it comes to your own personal survival. 

take responsibility for yourself and educate yourself about THIS virus and what happens globally during a pandemic and what that means to you and take the steps you are comfortable with. 

and I hope everyone is beginning to understand the magnitude of what is happening WORLD WIDE.

It does not matter if you live in a plastic bubble you are going to be affected by this virus.

Wait for stories about Tesco Lotus, Makro, Big C or 7 Eleven distribution centers closing due to the virus.  

Disruptions with "just in time" delivery systems and trucks. Shortages of imported items. Today it is masks and hand sanitizer, tomorrow food and water. 

Hospital staff are being quarantined. How long until hospitals are overwhelmed because their best staff are not present?  

Already many here having to make the decision if they should stay in Thailand or go home, before the decision is made for them.  

Good luck everybody.

More scaremongering

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

True journalism is a thing of the past

Ain't that the truth! "reporters morphed into "repeaters" repeat what they are told to say or they are out of work!

Now most news comes from Silicone valley, scary for the future!