Kudos to Bangkok immigaration at Chaeng Watthana Rd.

Visited early December (before any virus incentive). I stopped by the  CW Bangkok Bank branch, got my deposit statement, extended my visa, and got a re-entry permit, all in about 2 hours. 

I've been applying for, then extending my visa, since back when they were operating out of Suan Phlu. With the exception of a few hiccups, I feel they have been steadily improving their service ever since, even with all the new obstacles that have been put in place.

Now, if they can only get people to stop using the entrance to exit. Maybe an even bigger sign! 

• Haha 1

OP, I don't doubt your post. 

It's not typical. Thinking you struck a weird day. 

I had very good experience also, but that was last October. Certainly did not take your timeframe report. Also recent reports of improvement but nothing like your post.

I had a great io even filled in the 3 extra pages for me. Was very helpful chick.

Still took most of the day.

• Like 1

Too bad that the OP didn't mention what kind of "visa" he extended, so we don't even know which counter deserves to be praised for that quick turnaround.

It has always been my impression that some areas of the CW immigration office are more of a zoo than others.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

Too bad that the OP didn't mention what kind of "visa" he extended, so we don't even know which counter deserves to be praised for that quick turnaround.

It has always been my impression that some areas of the CW immigration office are more of a zoo than others.

The OP here. The 30 day extension was for a 30 day Visa-on-arrival. It was the 'K' counters.

• Thanks 1

i was there this monday, arrived 8am and joined queue, 8.15am people let in, at which point i had a small altercation with two females who thought they could just push into the queue, my fellow queue member told them to get to the back ????

got my ticket, 39, and had done my 90 day report by 9.15am so decided, as i was there, to get a re-entry permit. had that done and dusted by 10.15am and the day got even better when my bus turned up a minute after i arrived at the bus stop. home well in time for lunch.

i've never had any issues or complaints with immigration officers but this visit was particularly smooth.

i might do it on line in future, but then it is nice to get out and about...

• Like 2

Today, Friday February 18, counter K is a mad bourse. There are hundreds of Chinese who are extending their visa on arrival stamps due to the corona virus. Thailand is giving these extensions due to the Coronavirus as most of their flights are cancelled or they don’t wish to go back home. I was  

number 379 when I arrived at 9:30am. Thank god I caught sight of one of the officers I know and he arranged fast lane for me otherwise I would still be there tonight. He mentioned that they have been working till midnight everyday due to this. Me thinks this post might just be suspect as the officer stated it has been like this all this week and last week at counter K. Hmmmm

Edited by anthony0339
  • Like 1

"BTW I travelled by BTS to Kasetsart University BTS and then caught a cab to immigration. It was quite fast and cost about 100 Baht." - A 100 baht taxi from Kasetsart University??? It usually costs about 105 baht from Mo Chit!

"I've been there about 10 times over the past 5 years and this week I was in and out within 40 minutes. I got my queue ticket at 8:48 AM (I made a point to remember the time) and I was sitting down for breakfast at about 9:30 AM" - Were you extending a SETV/METV or Non-B visa? Are there a lot less Chinese these days there with the hardly any arriving at the airports?

2 hours ago, anthony0339 said:

Today, Friday February 18, counter K is a mad bourse. There are hundreds of Chinese who are extending their visa on arrival stamps due to the corona virus. Thailand is giving these extensions due to the Coronavirus as most of their flights are cancelled or they don’t wish to go back home. I was  

number 379 when I arrived at 9:30am. Thank god I caught sight of one of the officers I know and he arranged fast lane for me otherwise I would still be there tonight. He mentioned that they have been working till midnight everyday due to this. Me thinks this post might just be suspect as the officer stated it has been like this all this week and last week at counter K. Hmmmm

Holy sheet are you serious??? Working until midnight extending visas? So there's still lots of people still waiting for their visa to be extended all night long?

How do you get a fast lane number? I thought all the numbers are called in order.

What is counter K? What about the tourist visa counters (forgot what letter they are)? They used to be packed with Chinese too.

Edited by bbi1

Phuket IO same same; papers correct and copies in hand takes about 5 to 10 minutes tops apart from the 40 minutes you spend standing outside the door before opening time to beat the other 50 who turn up each day, oh and not asking for yet another tourist visa extension to go along with the 20 others in their passports showing they’ve been in Thailand for years on temporary tourist visas!!!!

The only unpleasant facets of going there are the rude impatient pushy and deluded falangs ????