BREAKING: Gunman opens fire at Bangkok shopping mall

snoop1130

BREAKING: Gunman opens fire at Bangkok shopping mall

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTYwOC84MDQxOTcwL2tpbGwxLmpwZw==.jpg

A man has been arrested following a shooting incident at a shopping mall in Bangkok.

Police were called to Central Plaza Rattanathibet in Nonthaburi at around 4pm on Thursday following reports of gunfire.

Videos posted to social media showed people fleeing the scene. 

A man was later arrested.

There were no reports of any injuries or deaths.

According to Sanook, the incident was the result of a domestic dispute the man was having with his wife, who had been working inside the mall.

The man turned up at his wife’s place of work and fired between 2 and 6 shots into the air. 

Photos posted on Twitter later showed the man in custody.

The incident comes just weeks after a gunman killed 29 people and wounded 58 in a mass shooting at Terminal 21 in Korat.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-27
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, samsensam said:

what you need is specially trained armed response units able to rapidly react to situations such as this, many major cities have them, though i doubt bangkok does.

Yes also many airports have them but in thailand i have never seen them on suvarnabhumi.

But the security guards in the thai malls are a complete laugh...skinny old men from 45 kg...they would need 10-20 of those to stop me if i am really angry...

And there are loads of guns in Thailand....everywhere..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thian said:

And again ALL the security "guards" were useless...it's time they get armed and have a license to kill any shooter in any mall.

I find the NRA to be hard work. The fact that they always think the answer is more guns.

After Sandy Hook happened, the NRA said, and I quote, “None of this would have happened if the teachers had guns.” I think they’re forgetting what school was like. Does anyone remember that casual teacher that used to fall apart whenever she came into school, that relief teacher came, you and your friends would see her and go, “Oh, we’re gonna make her cry.” And then she’d stand in front of the class with a bit of chalk and her hands would be shaking, and you’d go, “You’re never getting married, are you, Miss? Never gonna happen for you.” Then she’d get back to her 1967 Volkswagen Beetle, and she’d be crying over the steering wheel, just, “Why don’t they like me?” Let’s give that girl a gun and see how things work out!

And then they go, “Oh, well, answer to that, we’ll just add more guns.” They go, “We’ll put an armed security guard at every school across America.” Yeah, that’ll work out. The average security guard in America earns $16 an hour. Not a lot of wiggle room to be a hero! Someone comes onto the school and… [Mimicking machine gun] And you’ve got Kevin. Now, I’m sure Kevin’s damn-hot at Call of Duty, but it might not quite cut it, ladies and gentlemen.

Now replace Kevin with Somchai on THB300 a day.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, samsensam said:

what you need is specially trained armed response units able to rapidly react to situations such as this, many major cities have them, though i doubt bangkok does.

They'd be stuck in traffic, unfortunately. 

Need a helicopter. 

Edited by roo860
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thian said:

I bet the girls working in this mall won't say no to their boyfriends no matter what he wants from them.

2 shootings inside this mall in 2 weeks time....why not put soldiers at the doors for a year or so? This mall needs real security.

This is a completely different Mall Thian.  The 1st mall was in Nakhon Rachasima (Korat), this one was in Nonthaburi, which is in Bangkok and just off a major MRT Exit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, samsensam said:

Of course they do. Who do you think it was who dealt with gunman in Korat? The police here have SWAT teams modeled on and trained by their US equivalents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Its time the government started a buy back of all guns. They have no idea how many illegal firearms are in circulation. With the current poor economy it wouldnt take much for a Thai to surrender his weapon for cash.

That would be full circle. Based on another recent thread, in many cases, the government would be buying back guns that were sold at a discount by the army to soldiers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thian said:

I bet the girls working in this mall won't say no to their boyfriends no matter what he wants from them.

2 shootings inside this mall in 2 weeks time....why not put soldiers at the doors for a year or so? This mall needs real security.

The Armed soldiers in Korat were unable to protect their own armory or prevent a raider from stealing a humvee, driving out if the base and taking three hours to drive it into Korat.

• Like 2

Man arrested for firing a gun at Nonthaburi mall

By THE NATION

800_3426cd099eb4978.jpg?v=1582855885

A man was arrested for allegedly firing a gun on the ground floor of Central Plaza Rattanathibet shopping mall in Nonthaburi province on Thursday, Pol General Krisana Pattanacharoen, deputy spokesman of the Royal Thai Police, said on Thursday.

“The suspect is 41 years old and he reportedly fired six shots while he was on the ground floor, which has food and clothing stalls,” he said. “The mall’s security guards stopped the man and held him in custody until police from Rattanathibet Police Station arrived. There were no casualties,” he said.

640_697bc6idf98966ab5be7e.jpg

Meanwhile, Central Pattana Co Ltd (CPN), operator of Central Plaza Rattanathibet, issued a statement later the same day that after the suspect was arrested with no one injured, the mall staff cleared the area and the situation had returned to normal.

“The incident was a fight between a married couple,” CPN said in a statement. “The suspect is the husband of a sales staffer in the mall.

He reportedly fired the gun in the air to intimidate his wife. After security guards were alerted to the firing, they closed down the area and detained the suspect near the information counter while waiting for police to arrive. The whole operation took about 10 minutes.”

CPN added that they will employ extra security measures by increasing security guards and metal detectors to check mall visitors and their belongings at all entrances.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382996

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-28
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thian said:

why not put soldiers at the doors for a year or so? This mall needs real security.

because soldiers are supposed to only "work" outside the country in case of war and never against it's own population, you have the cops for that, oh, my mistake, cops busy with more lucrative things

• Sad 1

So, a nutter with a gun is firing shots, alarms are ringing, people running for cover, and some brainless numpty walks casually around in full view just to make sure they get the image onto the ever present social media.........you simply cannot fix stupid.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Of course they do. Who do you think it was who dealt with gunman in Korat? The police here have SWAT teams modeled on and trained by their US equivalents.

In the Pilipines at the front door of the malls security guards search all bags and run the  hand held metal detector devices over you like the ones at airports before you can enter.

1 minute ago, wavodavo said:

In the Pilipines at the front door of the malls security guards search all bags and run the  hand held metal detector devices over you like the ones at airports before you can enter.

When i was in Manilla there were even 2 heavy armed guards with huge machineguns at the doors of the mac donalds....they were just standing there but only for me they opened the doors and greeted me.