BREAKING: Gunman opens fire at Bangkok shopping mall

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, Thian said:

When i was in Manilla there were even 2 heavy armed guards with huge machineguns at the doors of the mac donalds....they were just standing there but only for me they opened the doors and greeted me.

Yeah it seems like they need this kind of security in Thailand as things get more desperate for the locals .

2 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

Yeah it seems like they need this kind of security in Thailand as things get more desperate for the locals .

Well i'm not a scared person but also not stupid...i don't feel safe in thai malls/airports because of the lack of armed guards, and i mean highly trained ones (commando's) like i see abroad on every airport....In thailand even the police doesn't look impressive to me, even not the hanuman team.

It's fashion now to start a shooting in a mall, the only reason why Prayuth is in charge is to keep thailand safe but he's failing in that like in everything else he does.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Another lunatic with a gun, how many more are there?

Many moons ago, I had an offer to buy a beautiful Walther, Para, 9 mm from my neighbor.

Luckily, there's a misunderstanding when I was trying to buy it, and I thought the guy said "Boss," ( he's in the military, so I thought it wasn't possible to purchase it) but he meant

"Both," a little boy who lived at their house because his parents were divorced and daddy was a criminal, 

It later turned out that the gun was "for hire" from 6 to 8,000 baht, including five bullets.

A few weeks later, when a loan shark wanted to have his Somtam at a restaurant near a private hospital got killed by two shots in his head by two men wearing helmets and black clothes.

Then the news. The gun that these men were using was the gun that I almost bought.

We had some police officers in our former MC who gave me this information.  The world is small. Isn't it?

It's too easy to buy a gun here. It seems to be much easier than finding an honest woman. - 

????☺️☺️☺️☺️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Another lunatic with a gun, how many more are there?

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

They'd be stuck in traffic, unfortunately. 

Need a helicopter. 

11 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Another rejected Thai man with a gun. 

Easy to calculate how many more guns:

Take the number of males over say16 years old and there is the answer, no wait a bit then add about  50% of over 16 females and not finished yet , say 10% of either sex under 16 and that gives you about the answer i think plus or minus a few hand grenades and the odd rocket launcher, lest not forget the knives and swords, which is why when i am driving if somebody cuts me up, i just smile.

13 hours ago, samsensam said:

what you need is specially trained armed response units able to rapidly react to situations such as this, many major cities have them, though i doubt bangkok does.

How they gonna get to the location, by helicopter ! Cause they sure aren't getting anywhere quick in that city

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

" Security Guards " in Thailand are mainly Older people, and people who have little Education, and cannot find any other gainful Employment.

How do you know anything about the security guards education or their ability to find other employment?  From what I've seen around Bangkok, they are not "mainly older people".  Geez...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, legend49 said:

Its time the government started a buy back of all guns. They have no idea how many illegal firearms are in circulation. With the current poor economy it wouldnt take much for a Thai to surrender his weapon for cash.

Yes, because criminals will just give up their guns because they were asked to. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

They've got nothing else to do why not?

What about the policemen who play with the traffic lights? It would give them something worthwhile to do.

Also, what about those on inactive duty, instead of sitting playing with their phones in some office.

3 hours ago, Almer said:

Easy to calculate how many more guns:

Take the number of males over say16 years old and there is the answer, no wait a bit then add about  50% of over 16 females and not finished yet , say 10% of either sex under 16 and that gives you about the answer i think plus or minus a few hand grenades and the odd rocket launcher, lest not forget the knives and swords, which is why when i am driving if somebody cuts me up, i just smile.

'Cuts you up', with a sword or a car?

????

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Wow that Korat incident sure seems to have triggered many like-minded idiots and unleashed quite some pent-up anger. I wonder how many more there might be out there?

Check out the Thai news channels, every day incidents with firearms, there's an endless supply of perpetrators, Thai nightly dramas, always plenty of fire power on show.

Can't expect any other type of behaviour from these morons.

Edited by roo860
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

This incident was so predictable.

OK ! Nobody knows where and when, but there will be more incidents such as the Korat Mall Shootings to follow.

" Security Guards " in Thailand are mainly Older people, and people who have little Education, and cannot find any other gainful Employment.

Why, would you give Guns to these people ?

Apparently they detained without the use of firearms. Good job security guys.

19 hours ago, Thian said:

And again ALL the security "guards" were useless...it's time they get armed and have a license to kill any shooter in any mall.

Yeah justbwhat need untrained, emotionally charged people firing without ascertaining safety, surrou0nds, or having all the necessary details.

more mayhem

10 hours ago, Thian said:

When i was in Manilla there were even 2 heavy armed guards with huge machineguns at the doors of the mac donalds....they were just standing there but only for me they opened the doors and greeted me.

Yeah, more guns is the answer.

Not!

Junta loving fascism is not the answer, democracy is.

5 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Why not treat the cause, not the symptom?

I am not sure any government actually thinks about that before knee jerk populist actions.

Many governments elected on fear and loathing of violence of "others", despite overall crime figures in many countries being lower per ead of population. 

On 2/27/2020 at 9:15 PM, samsensam said:

what you need is specially trained armed response units able to rapidly react to situations such as this, many major cities have them, though i doubt bangkok does.

They need to be in the mall. Having them close by is too far away, especially by the time they get to the mall and into the area where a shooter is active. Even more so considering Bangkok's traffic.

2 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

They need to be in the mall. Having them close by is too far away, especially by the time they get to the mall and into the area where a shooter is active. Even more so considering Bangkok's traffic.

How many malls in not only BKK but across Thailand? Pretty implauseable to protect each mall