10 million masks being distributed this month

snoop1130

10 million masks being distributed this month

By The Nation

800_9ee39bd74939209.jpg

The Internal Trade Department is speeding up packaging of protective facemasks and expects to distribute one million this week alone and at least 10 million this month.

Director-general Whichai Phochanakij said on Thursday (February 27) that the masks will sell for Bt10 per four-piece pack at convenience stores like 7-Eleven, Mini Big-C, Lotus Express and Thong Fah (Blue Flag) Pracha Rat shops.

Distribution will be nationwide but more intense in areas where the risk of Covid-19 virus contagion is higher, he said.

Whichai said the quantity situation had greatly improved with enforcement of an export prohibition and an anti-hoarding law.

There are 30 million masks in stock and 500,000 are being produced daily for use in commercial facilities and hospitals.

Some 3.8 million masks have been distributed among hospitals and Pharmaceutical Organisation outlets, 1.4 million to Blue Flag stores, 280,000 to Thai Airways and 200,000 to other pharmacy associations. 

In March there will be 15 million new masks to distribute, Whichai said.

He reported that 48 people have been arrested for selling masks at exorbitant prices, most in the Central region, and 30 have been prosecuted for reaping undue profit, for which the penalty can be up to seven years’ imprisonment, a Bt140,000 fine or both. 

Consumers’ complaints about overpricing are routinely checked and market inspections take place daily, he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382944

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-27

I was in the SuperRich money exchange today,in came

a Chinese guy, sat not far from me,waiting  for service,

and he started hacking and coughing,no face mask,or

hand over mouth,good job my turn next ,and out of there.

Its like crash helmets there available but some people

just won't use them.

regards Worgeordie

4 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

Was at a Central dept store today, and went to the loo.  Everyone in there with face masks.  While I scrubbed my hands and lower arms after peeing, 3-4 of the guys who had just used the urinals walked out without washing their hands.

Clean dicks ????

28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I was in the SuperRich money exchange today,in came

a Chinese guy, sat not far from me,waiting  for service,

and he started hacking and coughing,no face mask,or

hand over mouth,good job my turn next ,and out of there.

Its like crash helmets there available but some people

just won't use them.

regards Worgeordie

Sadly it's normal for people nowadays not to cover their mouths when coughing. Ordinary flue kills many every year.

6 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

Was at a Central dept store today, and went to the loo.  Everyone in there with face masks.  While I scrubbed my hands and lower arms after peeing, 3-4 of the guys who had just used the urinals walked out without washing their hands.

I'm more concerned at the guys that don't wash after #2.

Urine is normally sterile and can be consumed safely.

• Haha 1

they could save themselves a lot of trouble if they listened to the WHO advice which is that wearing masks offers little or no protection against coronovirus infection, unless you are already infected when a mask can slightly reduce the chance on infecting others. instead they should spend their time and money on a public health awareness campaign. though the cynic in me says the mask deal will offer opportunities for making a little financial gain on the side...

Yeah... the company producing these is happy to provide for a profit. Selling millions of useless surgical masks and promoting them is criminal in my opinion. Shear greed. Surgical masks do not, were never intended to, provide any level of biological airborne respiratory disease protection. They are designed to simply keep large secretions from the healthcare provider out of any wounds or surgical procedures that a healthcare worker may be providing. These masks do not filter airborne biological diseases. 

Edited by Tounge Thaied

28 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

My Mum taught me NOT to pee on my hands and lower arms!    5555

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Not true even the basic ones will reduce the risk, why do you think they wear them in hospitals?

I worked in hospitals for decades and we didn't normally wear masks. When we did they had to be changed frequently. Fancy carrying a big box of masks around when out?

The only place masks are routinely used is in surgery, and they last about 10 minutes. They were just for stopping moisture from the mouth getting into the wound. Some surgeons didn't even cover their noses.

17 hours ago, tominbkk said:

I'm no expert on the matter, so I have to ask if the virus is spread by urine on fingers?

I noticed this also, even at work, where I have plastered the toilets with posters on handwashing techniques and importance.

Not washing hands after using toilets seems to be very common among Thai males.

Ha Ha I wash my hands before I pee!!!