30 day extension on a free 30-Day entry?

Hi. It's ages ago since I saw the this question asked and do not recall the answer, which may well have changed anyway.

I usually get a couple of 60-Day Tourist visas each year, and sometimes a 30-Day extension on one or both of those.

However, there is a situation coming up where it would be very helpful to save the time not departing to a neighbouring country to get a 60 Day visa,.. once having come back from the Philippines (where I understand they do not offer Tourist visas for any other than their own nationals.

Short answer yes or no .. can I get a 30-Day extension to a 30-Day entry?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers .. wishing us all a safe and virus-free year.

As others have stated, there is absolutely no problem getting an extension of your visa exempt entry.

As I understand it, it is not quite true that the Thai embassy in Manilla will never issue tourist visas to foreigners. The problem is that they are very restrictive in when they will do so. If you have been recently in Thailand, and are not in the Philippines on a long stay visa, they are very likely to refuse. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 7:27 PM, DrJack54 said:

Just to add...in future stays put Vietnam on your watch list for good place for setv or just a chill. Good consulate and cheap flights from bangkok

Sorry, I must ask: What is "setv" ?

.. something .. something .. tourist visa?

6 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

How much is a 30-day extension to a 30-day visa exempt entry, where can it be done (at the local Immigration office?), what is required?

The fee is 1900 baht.

You apply for it at the designated office for where you are staying.

A completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. Copies of you passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The fee is 1900 baht.

You apply for it at the designated office for where you are staying.

A completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. Copies of you passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Thanks again, Ubonjoe. I was scheduled to go to Savannakhet next week for the initial Non-Imm 'O' Multiple Entry based on marriage but I am concerned about being locked out, as it were. Can I get 60 days based on marriage on a 30 day visa exempt entry, just in case?

12 hours ago, MagnumForce said:

Thanks again, Ubonjoe. I was scheduled to go to Savannakhet next week for the initial Non-Imm 'O' Multiple Entry based on marriage but I am concerned about being locked out, as it were. Can I get 60 days based on marriage on a 30 day visa exempt entry, just in case?

At this time Laos is not a problem.

If needed you could get a 60 day extension to visit yoru wife of a visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of one (most offices).

• Thanks 1

I am in a similar situation, looking to extend 30 days on a 30 exempt but I have an additional problem as no Tm30 form has been completed for my saty at my condo(staying 3 weeks) 

My 30 day visa ends 25th of March and I move onto Pattaya tomorrow and will check into a hotel which will at least fill in a Tm30. 

Then a few days later I will go and apply for a 30day visa extension at Jontiem. 

Am I likely to have any issues because a tm30 wasn't registered for my condo stay and/or will this affect my 30 days extension application? 

Thanks in advance

33 minutes ago, Adbro1 said:

Am I likely to have any issues because a tm30 wasn't registered for my condo stay and/or will this affect my 30 days extension application? 

No issues since they only want to see your latest report for where you are staying.

Had the same situation for a family-member: Got into TH on Visa-Exemption on March 2nd.
Yesterday at Immigration they said: It cannot be done there just by extension and a visa-run is needed.
So are the Immi-Offices acting different?

2 minutes ago, Prizma said:

Had the same situation for a family-member: Got into TH on Visa-Exemption on March 2nd.
Yesterday at Immigration they said: It cannot be done there just by extension and a visa-run is needed.
So are the Immi-Offices acting different?

What country are they from?

If getting a the visa exempt entry under a bilateral agreement they cannot be extended for 30 days.

15 minutes ago, Prizma said:

Germany
Is there any other possibility to get an "ordinary tourist-visa" here?

He certainly qualifies for the 30 day extension. He should go back and try again closer to the day his entry ends.

Only at a nearby embassy or consulate to apply for a single entry tourist visa.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 11:05 AM, ubonjoe said:

No issues since they only want to see your latest report for where you are staying.

Thanks Ubonjoe! I have been staying at my gf house for one week since arrival. I will ask her to file an online TM30 now and just put today's date. Then when I go to Jomtein immigration in 3 weeks for a 30-day extension, there should be no problem even though there us no TM30 record of me for the first week.

55 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Thanks Ubonjoe! I have been staying at my gf house for one week since arrival. I will ask her to file an online TM30 now and just put today's date. Then when I go to Jomtein immigration in 3 weeks for a 30-day extension, there should be no problem even though there us no TM30 record of me for the first week.

In case you need a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file your TM30s > just PM me and I will sent over (it's not self-evident if you have to find it out yourself).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 9:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

If needed you could get a 60 day extension to visit yoru wife of a visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of one (most offices).

Just relating my experience today at Udon Immigration. Last week, an officer there told me I could get a first, standard 30-day extension to my 30-day visa exempt entry, followed by a 60-day extension based on marriage. This would have meant a total of 90 days which could have possibly been enough to see out the rest of Covid-19 disruptions. This information seemed to be confirmed by other posters on this forum, as well as an acquantance of mine who is an Immigration Officer, albeit in a different province.

However, when I went to extend today at the same office, a different officer told me I could only choose either a 30-day standard extension or a 60-day extension based on marriage. Obviously, I had to choose the 60-day option. I know I shouldn't complain when there are a lot of folks in dire straits at the moment, and my sympathy and support goes out to all of them by the way, but I feel annoyed that I didn't get what I was led to believe I could get last week. So, what exactly is the law? Are you actually entitled to a 30-day standard extension followed by a further 60 days based on marriage, or is that up to each individual officer?

For the record, the individual officer today is nothing but a pain in the ass to a lot of people up here, and he seems to derive pleasure from refusing different kinds of requests. I noticed he had a slight cough today so hopefully karma will get him in the form of Covid-19 asap. ????

• Like 1