Governor orders complaint filed over disrespectful ‘head swap’ photo of Phuket Heroines

snoop1130

Governor orders complaint filed over disrespectful ‘head swap’ photo of Phuket Heroines

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1582800508_1-org.jpg

The woman who uploaded the modified photo of the revered Phuket Heroines may face serious charges. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- A formal complaint has been filed at the order of Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana calling for charges under the Computer Crimes Act to be pressed against a woman over a photo posted online with the heroines’ heads replaced with images of two other women.

If found guilty of the two charges, the woman faces a combined maximum jail term of up to eight years in jail or a combined total fine of B160,000, or both.

The complaint was jointly filed at Thalang Police Station today (Feb 27) by Thalang District Chief Adul Chuthong together with members of the Thalang Heroines Descendants Association and The Heroines Association.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/governor-orders-complaint-filed-over-disrespectful-head-swap-photo-of-phuket-heroines-75032.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-02-27

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

If found guilty of the two charges, the woman faces a combined maximum jail term of up to eight years in jail or a combined total fine of B160,000, or both.

Better to kill someone, the punishment is ridiculous ...

22 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Taxi driver kills someone, gets a suspended sentence and continues to drive as he can't be bothered to visit the LTO to have his commercial licence suspended for 3 months (if they actually decide it warrants a suspension).  From elsewhere ' Asked why the PLTO is refusing to act on a court verdict, Mr Prapai said, “I cannot use any other source of confession to proceed the banning. I want to ask him by myself.”.

On the other hand a photoshopped picture could land someone in jail for up to 8 years.

I would suggest that the priorities are ever so slightly skewed.

Perhaps they thought that they were quite lenient.

After all a caricature of the prophet Mahomet will get you a fatwa to get you killed of course. So Buddha exacts more compassion...