Once again these TV adverstisements messing up everything

holy cow cm

I keep getting not only these irritating ads but I just spent literally 10 minutes trying to reply because of the swirling rainbow beach ball on my macbook pro which only occurs on this site every other site no beachball this site the beachball is ever present.Just about had enough as well.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

Sorry Charlie. Not meaning tuna and Sunkist. But as I am computer literate I should not have to be subjected to jump through these hoops. I understand a few adverts, but not bombarded. In any case, I am oblivious to adverts as actually never reading them, so I believe it should be for TV to have an easy opt out button and not the other way round. Meaning please do not disturb my space and make me revert to having to do unnecessary things that most all of us do not wish to do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Sorry Charlie. Not meaning tuna and Sunkist. But as I am computer literate I should not have to be subjected to jump through these hoops. I understand a few adverts, but not bombarded. In any case, I am oblivious to adverts as actually never reading them, so I believe it should be for TV to have an easy opt out button and not the other way round. Meaning please do not disturb my space and make me revert to having to do unnecessary things that most all of us do not wish to do.

Well, the site survives and is here/paid for because of them. They wont be going anywhere soon thats for sure.

There are many publications that if you wish to use them ask you to turn off any provision made in order to use the website. If you dont, you dont access it at all, so its finding a happy medium, you may not like or agree, but frankly,it is what it is. At least here you have a choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Well, the site survives and is here/paid for because of them. They wont be going anywhere soon thats for sure.

There are many publications that if you wish to use them ask you to turn off any provision made in order to use the website. If you dont, you dont access it at all, so its finding a happy medium, you may not like or agree, but frankly,it is what it is.

The world of toss up. This site used to subsist on very little and that was acceptable and very beautiful for what this site used to be. But like most companies or corporations they never know when enough is enough. As you said, I and all TV members have no choice but to cave in or leave, but in all sincerity it is like saying, If you don't like the way I stink, then go away. And again no disrespect at all meant as ofcourse, maybe this is how you make your buck? Not sure that is why I left it with a ?

Edited by holy cow cm

2 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

still very annoying though.

like the OP says, I agree with him totally.

Then do something about it, quite easy, most have and seem to have no issue, or atleast made it more comfortable for themselves with there situation.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:
3 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

also had enough of these adds.

very annoying. 

even F book isn;t this intrusive! 

Hardly the same with their 2.37 BILLION users is it. They wouldnt need to.

Every business will try to maximize profits, though some don't realize that greed may actually have the opposite effect

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No offence taken, it isnt "my buck" either Mods dont get paid we are volunteers here, I cant pretty it up or make it any nicer, it is what it is, thats the decision by the owners and like I said, I cant see that changing any time soon.

I am just trying to be open and honest with you and tell it like it is and not give you any "what you want to hear" type answers.

Thank you Charlie your post is well understood. Have a nice night. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Then do something about it, quite easy, most have and seem to have no issue, or atleast made it more comfortable for themselves with there situation.

As your a mod and supposed to be helpfully Would you mind to post the methods about how to do something about it one more time or a link to them ,yes I’m quite capable of running an ad blocker on my MacBook but not finding it so easy on iPad and iPhone.

maybe you could also explain why I get the video pop playing on my iPad but not on my iPhone???

Edited by taninthai

15 minutes ago, taninthai said:

As your a mod and supposed to be helpfully Would you mind to post the methods about how to do something about it one more time or a link to them ,yes I’m quite capable of running an ad blocker on my MacBook but not finding it so easy on iPad and iPhone.

maybe you could also explain why I get the video pop playing on my iPad but not on my iPhone???

As a Moderator and in accordance with stated forum rules I cannot enter into discussion nor instruct on how to do what you ask. A bit like asking a Policeman how to break the law. Hope you understand. 

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members, as well as to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

As a Moderator and in accordance with stated forum rules I cannot enter into discussion nor instruct on how to do what you ask. A bit like asking a Policeman how to break the law. Hope you understand. 

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members, as well as to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

Fair enough but as you said you are just open an honest with us ,I hope you are also open and honest in any contact you have with the website owners/developers passing onto them how people are annoyed with there poor add placements blocking features of the website and text reply box making it a pain to post and see some of the topics....

thanks for your replies????

1 hour ago, taninthai said:

I have the same issue, a video pops up on my iPad every 2 mins or so but my iPhone is okay, this only happened recently.

If anyone has any tips, please PM me as it has made my iPad very user unfriendly !!

Some sites offer the option of paid service which is ad-free; they receive their requisite revenue one way or the other.

I would gladly pay for ad-free participation on TVF.

Note: It would save me from deleting the ad in the lower right hand corner of my desktop that pops up on every new page and blocks my readable content. I do this dozens of times in each viewing session.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, balo said:

We just need a working ad blocker then, this is hopeless. 

I log on with Firefox and played with the relevant settings. I see no ads of any kind. I didn't do this lightly as I understand that this is a subscription free site and relies on ads to keep it afloat. However, there are limits, The "VDO" ad which randomly appears in the bottom RH corner made the site difficult to navigate. I and others pleaded for weeks for something to be done which it wasn't (sounds like nothing has still been done) so I had no choice really.

Edit: Despite numerous pleas again, I'm still getting the flickering screen and pages never fully loading.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 2