BANGKOK
holy cow cm

Once again these TV adverstisements messing up everything

There are steps you can take to minimise the issue IF you choose to take them as has been pointed out in this support forum many many times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I keep getting not only these irritating ads but I just spent literally 10 minutes trying to reply because of the swirling rainbow beach ball on my macbook pro which only occurs on this site every other site no beachball this site the beachball is ever present.Just about had enough as well.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

Without wishing to offend or upset anyone, but if you are not prepared or unable to close the door, there is little point in complaining the door is open. I cant put in any plainer than that for you, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry Charlie. Not meaning tuna and Sunkist. But as I am computer literate I should not have to be subjected to jump through these hoops. I understand a few adverts, but not bombarded. In any case, I am oblivious to adverts as actually never reading them, so I believe it should be for TV to have an easy opt out button and not the other way round. Meaning please do not disturb my space and make me revert to having to do unnecessary things that most all of us do not wish to do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Sorry Charlie. Not meaning tuna and Sunkist. But as I am computer literate I should not have to be subjected to jump through these hoops. I understand a few adverts, but not bombarded. In any case, I am oblivious to adverts as actually never reading them, so I believe it should be for TV to have an easy opt out button and not the other way round. Meaning please do not disturb my space and make me revert to having to do unnecessary things that most all of us do not wish to do.

Well, the site survives and is here/paid for because of them. They wont be going anywhere soon thats for sure.

There are many publications that if you wish to use them ask you to turn off any provision made in order to use the website. If you dont, you dont access it at all, so its finding a happy medium, you may not like or agree, but frankly,it is what it is. At least here you have a choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Well, the site survives and is here/paid for because of them. They wont be going anywhere soon thats for sure.

There are many publications that if you wish to use them ask you to turn off any provision made in order to use the website. If you dont, you dont access it at all, so its finding a happy medium, you may not like or agree, but frankly,it is what it is.

The world of toss up. This site used to subsist on very little and that was acceptable and very beautiful for what this site used to be. But like most companies or corporations they never know when enough is enough. As you said, I and all TV members have no choice but to cave in or leave, but in all sincerity it is like saying, If you don't like the way I stink, then go away. And again no disrespect at all meant as ofcourse, maybe this is how you make your buck? Not sure that is why I left it with a ?

Edited by holy cow cm

Just now, Liverpoolfan said:

also had enough of these adds.

very annoying. 

even F book isn;t this intrusive! 

Hardly the same with their 2.37 BILLION users is it. They wouldnt need to.