Thailand Travel Shield

unblocktheplanet

This is the last year I'm eligible for TTS (too old!). Excellent value & service--B12k/year.

Except, one has to leave & re-enter Thailand every 60 days for TTS to remain active.

Any suggestions for nearby places which do not require visas for Americans/Canadians?

Could I do a land border run, leave, & not enter the second country but simply get stamped out, walk a few yards & turn around & get stamped in? (Want to do this on the cheap, of course!)

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

no Thai immigration at land crossings will want to see an exit stamp from the second country, I believe that no visa is put in your passport at Myanmar crossing at ban phu nam ron near the river kwai Kanchanaburi, or Malaysia

Edited by steve187

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

no Thai immigration at land crossings will want to see an exit stamp from the second country, I believe that no visa is put in your passport at Myanmar crossing at ban phu nam ron near the river kwai Kanchanaburi, or Malaysia

So do I not have to apply for a Myanmar visa to cross at Phu Nam Ron/Htee Kee or Ranong/Kwataung? Can anyone with recent experience be specific? Are there visa run services from Bangkok? Any stamps on the Myanmar side? (Like to avoid that, if possible!)