KBank installing temp scanners at four branches

snoop1130

KBank installing temp scanners at four branches

By THE NATION

800_4c28fcf7b350b6f.jpg

Kasikornbank (KBank) will by Friday (February 28) have thermoscan cameras installed at the entrances to four main Bangkok branches – Rat Burana, Phahon Yothin, Chaeng Watthana and Silom – and at the KBTG Building, and will bar entry to anyone with a body temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher.

The preventive measure is intended to combat the spread of the potentially deadly Covid-19 virus, it said, acknowledging there may be inconvenience for visitors, who will have to enter and exit the buildings through designated doors where the scanners are located.

Surgical masks and alcohol-based hand sanitisers have been supplied to KBank branches and hygiene measures including extra cleaning and disinfection have been stepped up.

KBank has also introduced health and safety guidelines, plus strict regulations for employees amid the virus outbreak. No KBank employee has been infected thus far.

Bank of Thailand assistant governor Nawaron Dejsuvan said recently the central bank had already discussed the virus issue with all banks and they had stepped up measures to ensure the safety of customers and staff.

She added that the central bank is closely monitoring the situation and continued to evaluate the situation with the banks.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382963

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-27
  • Thanks 1

I'm struggling to understand how this works in practice?

A customer with a fever enters the bank, the scanner sets off an alarm, a manager approaches the customers and explains he/she can't do any banking, there's an argument, a scuffle, everyone catches the virus, the customers leaves and moves account to another bank.

How does this help?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

A customer with a fever enters the bank, the scanner sets off an alarm, a manager approaches the customers and explains he/she can't do any banking, there's an argument, a scuffle, everyone catches the virus, the customers leaves and moves account to another bank.

How does this help?

If it's anything like my normal experience with banking at K-Bank in Exchange Tower, it will at least eliminate 10-45 minutes of sitting in a crowd, waiting for a number to be called.  It would be nice to know that none of the people in the nearby seats are running a fever.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

How does this help?

And no need for any argument if the customer gets up to date and uses internet banking, easy to set up and unbelievably easy and fast to use (but not to open new accounts).

If a persons temp is raised, no matter where or how the temp rise is noticed, this should ring a bell as a first reaction to block that person from interacting with all other people in situ. 

The person involved should be thankful to be advised that their temp is up significantly and get it all quickly checked at a medical facility. 

IMHO the bank is doing the right thing.

So where's any problem which could cause violence or severe argument?

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

Thais have this kind of genius : a strange alchemy.

The ability to  transform any serious matter... into a vaudeville, a farce, something colorful, joyful, nonsensical, an asian version of The Ministry Of Silly Walks.

It's striking.

I mean... the "temperature gun" and other "IR scanners" at the airport, for the TV crews, for PR's people and for the tourists.... why not. We could understand.

But inside a... bank ?

And only in 4 branches.... (why not 5 or 40 ?)

I was having nearly the same thoughts.

I am not easy to criticise Thais, normally i try to understand before criticising, but this thing of the scanners in 4 branches seems like pure comedy.

On 2nd thoughts, it could be an experiment, to test the reaction of the people and the reliability of the scanners.

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I was having nearly the same thoughts.

I am not easy to criticise Thais, normally i try to understand before criticising, but this thing of the scanners in 4 branches seems like pure comedy.

On 2nd thoughts, it could be an experiment, to test the reaction of the people and the reliability of the scanners.

Well their branch in Silom Rd., is busy and with many foreigners, perhaps many Chinese  folks, perhaps that's why K Bank selected it to check incoming customers temp. 

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Catch a cold and forget about banking. This'll be fun when the flu season hits with the first rains.

As a doctor you would understand that people running a fever should not be going to the bank anyway, especially under today's environment.  

11 hours ago, impulse said:

If it's anything like my normal experience with banking at K-Bank in Exchange Tower, it will at least eliminate 10-45 minutes of sitting in a crowd, waiting for a number to be called.  It would be nice to know that none of the people in the nearby seats are running a fever.

Infected people are shedding virus for 3 to 4 days before symptoms develop though. 

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:
13 hours ago, impulse said:

Infected people are shedding virus for 3 to 4 days before symptoms develop though. 

Maybe so.  But I'd rather they take imperfect precautions than no precautions at all.