Vietnam

I just changed my Bangkok to Saigon flight due to the first one being cancelled. I was notified via Vietnam Airlines email. They had automatically booked me on a later same-day flight on March 5. But that was too late for my taste. I'm now booked Tuesday March 3 in the late morning.

VN Air's web site front page only has one warning, that one dealing with flights in/out of Korea. VN Air had no problem booking me and the e-ticket came through without any warnings. So I guess I'm OK to land in Saigon next Tuesday. For now. 

• Like 1

UPDATE on Vietnam visa rules:

Rather than having to make a border run every 30 days, as previously announced, tourists will be given the option of reporting to their local immigration office (for a fee of US$10), or of hiring an agent to do so. That would mean, on a 90 day tourist visa, you would report to the local IO twice, and have to cross the border and return with a new visa (or in the case of Americans, with a one-year visa, cross the border and return, three times a year).

See new Eli the Bike Guy video. New Visa Rules discussion occur roughly 12:30- 21:00

Edited by Roy Baht
  • Thanks 1

I am in Hanoi now as of March 1. I flew here on Feb. 25 on a Thai Airways flight arriving about 7:30 in the evening. Neither my temperature nor my general condition was checked in any way as I came through Immigration with a standard evisa (which involves one extra step in order to get the actual stamp in one's passport to enter the country-took less than 15 minutes). However, on the 29th I received a text message which I will type out: "Vietnam Ministry of Health: welcome to Vietnam! If you've travelled from an area affected by COVID-19, you are requested to complete a medical declaration form at the designated booths before the immigration counters. For COVID-19-related advice while in Viet Nam, please call the hotline..."  etc. etc. "or visit"...etc.  "You may also download the..." etc.etc. "app for more information. Stay healthy ad do your part in preventing and controlling the spread of COVID-19. Wishing you an enjoyable time in Vietnam." End of message, leaving out things I perhaps should not put here. I never saw the declaration form this is talking about, and the IO who stamped my passport said nothing about it. My Thai Airways flight back to BKK is scheduled for March 11. In the meantime, Vietnam claims to be currently clear of all active cases of the virus. I doubt I should  be worried about getting stuck in Vietnam, but 10 more days is enough time for anything to happen. I want to add that the old quarter is just full of western looking tourists; but as for Chinese, I probably can't tell them from locals so I don't know.

Edited by Enzian
Add information.
  • Thanks 1