Marut the killer Phuket airport taxi driver is still behind the wheel

webfact

Marut the killer Phuket airport taxi driver is still behind the wheel

By The Phuket News

1582797037_1-org.jpg

The scene of the wipeout accident on Thepkrasattri Rd more than 15 moths ago. Photo: Seang Prachachon Kon Phuket / Facebook

PHUKET: Marut Puangbanjong, the Phuket airport taxi driver found guilty in November of two charges against him for reckless driving that resulted in a six-vehicle wipeout and the death of motorbike rider in peak-hour traffic more than a year ago, has yet to present himself to the Phuket Land Transport Office to have his commercial driver’s licence suspended.

Marut in November was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment for the wipeout on Thepkrasattri Rd in October 2018, which occurred while a tourist who just landed in Phuket was still in the taxi, but the sentence was later commuted on appeal to two years’ suspended sentence on a B200,000 good behaviour bond.

In total, Marut spent 28 days behind bars for his deadly driving.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/marut-the-killer-phuket-airport-taxi-driver-is-still-behind-the-wheel-75031.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-02-28
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In total, Marut spent 28 days behind bars for his deadly driving.

This is the famous Thai inconsistency, the killers are free and the little criminals locked in the cell for years ... best example; the Little Red Bull ...

• Like 2

"I will suspend his licence for a period of up to three months,” he added.

UP TO Three Months.........Wow !!!! I bet he is trembling at the thought. If he is ignoring the court order to surrender his license then he is not going to bother too much about working without one.

"Asked why the PLTO is refusing to act on a court verdict, Mr Prapai said, “I cannot use any other source of confession to proceed the banning. I want to ask him by myself.” ..............Translation...........He wants to make sure the envelope goes into the correct pocket.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Borzandy said:

In Thailand you can kill anyone, but don't touch a soi dog.

Childish exaggeration may endear you to the miserable foreigner contingent but it  opens you to ridicule. Thailand  has  no animal protection enforcement and the only reason something is done is when the public expresses its disgust. In respect to the taxi driver, his ability to escape justice is due mostly to the control of the local society by a powerful corrupt group.  Taxi drivers have been untouchable for decades. They have paid for the right 'friends". Compounding the  tragedy is the  reality that Phuket is one of the most corrupt provinces in Thailand.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

, has yet to present himself to the Phuket Land Transport Office to have his commercial driver’s licence suspended.

How is this possible in this day and age. In a Normal country one gets arrested and put in jail ,,, On Remand till he goes to court and gets sentenced. Here they let Crims run lose so they do a Runner and/or commit more crimes. ????

• Like 1