British police issue safety warning over Greta Thunberg rally

webfact

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Get your mind out the gutter and stop sexualising  her 

Any anyway, the German girl is a lot more tasty than Greta 

So let me get this clearly:

You have a scale in which a 19 year old is more tasty than a young girl (read child).

How is the child even on this scale of yours?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

She is a tool for people with an agenda & this 'middle aged men' baloney (liberally daubed, using a 'far right' paint brush) is nothing more than an attempt by the left to stifle any decent.

Decent?

I don’t think there is anything decent about the obsessions being reveled.

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Whew, thanks for clarifying your interest in Greta, but not related to the point Chomper was trying to get across, which was this:

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/why-is-greta-thunberg-so-triggering-for-certain-men-1.4002264

"But who’s the real freak – the activist whose determination has single-handedly started a powerful global movement for change, or the middle-aged man taunting a child with Asperger syndrome from behind the safety of their computer screens?

And that, of course, is the real reason why Greta Thunberg is so triggering. They can’t admit it even to themselves, so they ridicule her instead. But the truth is that they’re afraid of her. The poor dears are terrified of her as an individual, and of what she stands for – youth, determination, change."

Nothing to do with them being sexually attracted to her. Ye Gods!

Precisely this.

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So let me get this clearly:

You have a scale in which a 19 year old is more tasty than a young girl (read child).

How is the child even on this scale of yours?

You understand the concept of a well delivered one liner despite feigning to the contrary or to put it another way; If Billy Connolly had said it you'd laugh! ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, evadgib said:

You understand the concept of a well delivered one liner despite feigning to the contrary or to put it another way; If Billy Connolly had said it you'd laugh! ????

You can hardly describe Sano as a comic genious, although he does, unintenionally, often make me laugh.

No, I'm afraid that his post was nothing more than a freudian window into his mind.

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Sorry took the liberty of fixing it for you. I presume that's what you meant to say.

Anyway thanks for proving my point.

"But who’s the real freak – the activist whose determination has single-handedly started a powerful global movement for change, or the middle-aged man taunting a child with Asperger syndrome from behind the safety of their computer screens?"

- Appreciated, but I'm genuinely dyslexic & worse still when knackered (90min hill walk this afternoon)

- See #60

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You can hardly describe Sano as a comic genious, although he does, unintenionally, often make me laugh.

No, I'm afraid that his post was nothing more than a freudian window into his mind.

Had he supported the same side as yourself & others you'd be patting him on the back as described. That unfortunately is how these boards work.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Had he supported the same side as yourself & others you'd be patting him on the back as described. That unfortunately is how these boards work.

Nonsense. Not how this poster works. You can't defend the indefesible. Particularly by claiming that "it was only a joke".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Three years ago the state heavy handily dealt with a father who took his daughter on holiday in school time.

Yesterday dozens of kids and their parents turned up in school time to watch a child truant with parental consent in the other direction deliver a cult sermon in Bristol.

You couldn't make it up...????

"outcomes-based education"

On 2/28/2020 at 3:12 AM, RuamRudy said:

The obsessive outrage that so many middle aged and elderly men have towards a teenage girl who has the temerity to stand up and try to improve things for her generation borders on the disturbing.

So often we hear complaints about the youth of today being apathetic and narcissistic, however here we have yet another example of a young person who tries to make a difference, and they get howls of relentless abuse and all manner of criticisms from the very same people who frequently complain about the youth of today. 

Of course, she has the unfortunate mix of being both a confident, assertive female and someone who believes in man-made climate change - a heady combination which is like catnip to a certain section of the (mostly) male population. 

Spot on. I'm a middle aged (I think) male, but think she's brilliant. Bigger pair of taters than most of the numpties castigating her. :whistling: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, evadgib said:

So now it's 'a stick to beat me with' too? A few weeks ago I ventured onto a thread (without posting) and couldn't help noticing some comments from you involving behavior for which patters is allegedly renowned. Before taking to the moral high ground it helps to have a very good memory...

Did it involve sex with under  age girls? No, I don't think so.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1