British police issue safety warning over Greta Thunberg rally

webfact

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

No one believes politicians. Any 'facts' they present must be made up to suit their own aims.

Likewise scientists.

Any facts they present must be made up so they can get more funding or they, the scientists, are on the edge of 

'nutty professor' land.

Problem.

OK, we got to think about this.

Right, we need a mouthpiece that will appeal to the 'being educated at the moment lot'

Well, my daughter goes on about it all the time and she's in right age bracket. Let's shove her front centre stage and keep her up to date on all she has to say. 

Yeah, let's give that a whirl and see what % of the 'being educated now' bunch we can swing around to our way of thinking.

So where do you get your ‘facts’?

• Like 1

The world is literally a greener place than it was 20 years ago, and data from NASA satellites has revealed a counterintuitive source for much of this new foliage: China and India. A new study shows that the two emerging countries with the world’s biggest populations are leading the increase in greening on land. The effect stems mainly from ambitious tree planting programs in China and intensive agriculture in both countries.

The greening phenomenon was first detected using satellite data in the mid-1990s by Ranga Myneni of Boston University and colleagues, but they did not know whether human activity was one of its chief, direct causes. This new insight was made possible by a nearly 20-year-long data record from a NASA instrument orbiting the Earth on two satellites. It’s called the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer, or MODIS, and its high-resolution data provides very accurate information, helping researchers work out details of what’s happening with Earth’s vegetation, down to the level of 500 meters, or about 1,600 feet, on the ground.

• Like 1

You know earth’s climate was cooling from 1935-1977 when CO2 was rising very rapidly. And nobody talks about it! The earth’s climate warmed from 1977 – 1998 along with CO2 increase, but in the last 20 years, according to most climate scientists, there has not been any statistically significant warming of the earth’s climate.

Dr. Madhav Khandekar

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The IPCC are demanding that in order to reduce CO2 levels, all nations must agree to de-industrialize and stop carbon emissions so as to save the planet from what the IPCC describe as catastrophic global warming. The IPCC are not basing their research on science, as repeatedly proven by climate scientists from around the world who are in disagreement with their findings.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So let me get this clearly:

You have a scale in which a 19 year old is more tasty than a young girl (read child).

How is the child even on this scale of yours?

Grerta is 17 , old enough to get married .Maybe a young woman, not a child though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Grerta is 17 , old enough to get married .Maybe a young woman, not a child though

Indeed, peoples memories are short, I had been working for three years when I was 17, didn't do me any harm, didn't do me a lot of good either!

11 hours ago, gargamon said:

why watch the propaganda? That would be like watching fox news and looking for true facts.

How about Sky News Australia?

Several points were raised between 5.5 & 8.5 mins of this interview (& again near the end) re Thunberg's visit to Bristol inc the fact that Thirty Five Thousand kids bunked off school in order to attend & yet one Dad 3 years ago was hauled before the courts as explained in an earlier post.

A reminder that it's Content rather than poster (KH) or platform when replying & for the 'far-right' paint brushers to (please!) go easy with the Tar and Feathers...

Edited by evadgib
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Several points were raised at the start of this interview re Thunberg's visit to Bristol inc the fact that Thirty Five Thousand kids bunked off school in order to attend & yet one Dad 3 years ago was hauled before the courts as explained in an earlier post.

As soon as I saw tthat Hopkins woman's face I decided not to open the video as I didnt want to subject myself to yet another extreme right wing diatribe. And you condem people for listening to Greta Thunberg? You're 'avin a giraffe! 555

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Sky news Australia is virulently right wing as is Katie Hopkins. e.g. she promotes the evil of the White Genocide conspiracy theories that has been cited by a number of mass murders of innocents. How anyone can quote her as a credible source is ridiculous.

#114 refers,

+

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

How about Sky News Australia?

Several points were raised between 5.5 & 8.5 mins of this interview (& again near the end) re Thunberg's visit to Bristol inc the fact that Thirty Five Thousand kids bunked off school in order to attend & yet one Dad 3 years ago was hauled before the courts as explained in an earlier post.

A reminder that it's Content rather than poster (KH) or platform when replying & for the 'far-right' paint brushers to (please!) go easy with the Tar and Feathers...

Whatever would  you do for an opinion without ripped content?!

Though I’m sure redirected traffic from TVF is very welcome.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 9:48 AM, RuamRudy said:

It is not like that at all. Human endeaour inevitably causes emissions - nobody is denying that. What is being pointed out, however, is that the balance is way of kilter, and that humans are generating far more harmful byproducts than the planet can deal with. That bears no resemblance whatsoever to your ludicrous analogy. 

That point is being made by a considerable number of NGO's, scientists, journalists and there is a wealth of information easily available on the subject.

This is a rally organized by the promoters (exploiters?) or a "media sensation" to rake in the money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

Trying to pick another fight? Pointless when the mods delete your posts.

You, using the word "ignorance" to another member, which is out of order, was a bit of a laugh coming from someone who should look in the mirror. 

21 minutes ago, transam said:

You, using the word "ignorance" to another member, which is out of order, was a bit of a laugh coming from someone who should look in the mirror. 

You've taken it out of context as usual. English not your strong subject at school? Ignorance of the facts on that subject, not general ignorance. Not pejorative. You are forgiven for your lack of comprehension.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You've taken it out of context as usual. English not your strong subject at school? Ignorance of the facts on that subject, not general ignorance. Not pejorative. You are forgiven for your lack of comprehension.

Oh did I, spoken like a true union official.....????