Pattaya Ugh! "Respectable" Walking Street ladies leave this mess at their rented room!

webfact

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Just curious, when you interview a potential tenant and ask them if they are alcoholic or have a tendency to patronise pros what do they say to you?  Have any ever answered in the affirmative?  

Are your tenants allowed to drink in the places that you rent to them or have sex with women who are not hookers? How do you stop them once they have signed a contract and paid the rent?

Well said,,, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

What did she expect allowing Pattaya hookers to rent the place. Same as i would never allow a foreign that was a alcoholic or dealt with hookers to rent my place even for a night. You are only asking for trouble.

May I inquire how you would know if they were alcholic or dealt with hookers "before renting your place" to them........ Are you a physic and can foresee this happening?.....Or is this post happening when the (YOUR) mouth is 'in motion' but the (YOUR) 'Brain is in NEUTRAL'?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, champers said:

Your place or mine?

I am sure the girls scrub up very well and can sweet talk themselves into many a tourists bed.  No doubt many of those tourists daydream about setting up a love nest with one of these gorgeous looking girls to be pampered and looked after. ????

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I am sure the girls scrub up very well and can sweet talk themselves into many a tourists bed.  No doubt many of those tourists daydream about setting up a love nest with one of these gorgeous looking girls to be pampered and looked after. ????

I good housewife for you.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Yinn said:

And marry them.

Golly Yinn, are you expressing class disdain? Or even disdain for the guys, who, for whatever reason, decide to marry someone Ban Nok? What harm is that to anyone? Surely not to the Thai economy.

20 hours ago, DoctorG said:
22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i have dibs on the Hello Kitty pillow.

Don't think any of us is going to fight you for it.

All this pillow talk could lead to a pillow fight on TV. I know it,s a rubbish joke... Oh please yourselves!

71q9TsvCzIL._AC_SL1075_.jpg.2dc0eb935b8c5e09684bb632fe0107fe.jpg

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Dunno why everyone thinks it's a big problem.

Landlady will keep the deposit which will easily pay for the cleanup.

50bht for a packet of black bin liners and about 1 hours work.

Rubber gloves and face-mask too would be an idea.

Can sell the fans.

In the UK landlords can by giving notice, but rarely done, landlords even have problems getting access for gas engineers to do statutory safety checks on boilers, push the tenants to far and landlords get accused of harassment, then they will never get the f'ers out. ☹️

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Dunno why everyone thinks it's a big problem.

Landlady will keep the deposit which will easily pay for the cleanup.

50bht for a packet of black bin liners and about 1 hours work.

Exactly... 

Seen too many properties used for cultivating cannabis, holes in the walls and ceilings, electrics ripped out, electric meter bypassed,  pots and bags of soil all over the floors, doors and windows smashed. 

Fans, ducting, lights, watering systems, light ballasts, banks of sockets and anything else used in production of cannabis all smashed up by the police where it was found, the police remove only the cannabis and leave the rest to the landlord to sort, and that maybe the front and back doors plus a few windows smashed in by the police, and the may well have lifted a few floor boards and smashed a few holes in studded walls looking for stashes of drugs and money.

One thing for sure I would not be a landlord, the stupid thing is that many of them had rented to people they thought they knew, like relatives, friends of family...   

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

We'll never know what transpired between the tenants and the landlord to make them trash the place. The a/c in my last apartment had a stale smell when I moved in, and the landlady made excuses about having it cleaned. Well, on moving out, I was forced to have the same a/c cleaned prior to having my deposit returned. Some landlords get what they deserve!

On 2/28/2020 at 12:58 PM, Enoon said:

Does Thai law prevent checks by a landlord while a property is tenanted?

It didn't get like that overnight.

Not so much the law as the contract I guess. In two decades I never got checked - my current contract allows checks of property if notice is given. Perhaps reports of untoward behaviour from reception staff, neighbours etc would be considered as indicators to warrant a check.

The pics in the OP aren't representative of how most Thais live - it looks like it's been deliberately left in that state, perhaps resulting from a landlord dispute. 

6 hours ago, wxyz1 said:

We'll never know what transpired between the tenants and the landlord to make them trash the place. The a/c in my last apartment had a stale smell when I moved in, and the landlady made excuses about having it cleaned. Well, on moving out, I was forced to have the same a/c cleaned prior to having my deposit returned. Some landlords get what they deserve!

It should be serviced once a year, if you were there over a year that would not surprise me. What a tenant is responsible for needs to be defined in the contract, be it a burst water pipe, a failed light-bulb or the roof blowing off. Generally, if one moves in here, you have accepted it as-is, and pay to fix everything when there.... when you decide to move out, getting your deposit back will be a fight, as they likely don't have the money.