PM Prayut, five other Cabinet members given vote of confidence

webfact

PM Prayut, five other Cabinet members given vote of confidence

PM-Censure-Debate.jpg

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha and five of his Cabinet members easily won a vote of confidence from the House of Representatives this morning despite vicious attacks by the opposition against them during four days of censure debate.

The vote was boycotted by MPs of Pheu Thai Party, the biggest opposition party, which walked out of the chamber toward the end of the censure debate on Thursday night after it failed to convince the House to extend the debating time.

Prime Minister Prayut received 272 votes of confidence as opposed to 49 votes against him.   His are five votes fewer than the 277 votes of confidence received by Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-prayut-five-other-cabinet-members-given-vote-of-confidence/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

His are five votes fewer than the 277 votes of confidence received by Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan.

When it comes to time keeping (considering his watch collection), he'll get my vote of confidence.

There are lots of stories about this man and this regime. It all just sickens me. I mean really sickens me. I don't take it as legitimate or something no threatening. The abuse has already happened. This is just like one of those Thai soap operas where a rape occurs and the victim marries the rapist. The Thai nation is the victim. You know who Prayuth and his appointees are.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut received 272 votes of confidence as opposed to 49 votes against him.   His are five votes fewer than the 277 votes of confidence received by Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan.

The smile of a man with a monopoly!

Keep in mind that Thailand IS a 3rd World Country (they are not a developing country, they are a surviving culture).  I do appreciate the fact that no Monks are dousing themselves with gas and setting themselves on fire.  Many in Iraq will tell you the greatest thing that ever happened to the country was Saddam Hussain removed, and the worst thing that ever happened was Saddam Hussain was removed.  Personally, I am thankful they allow me here.  However, if they didn't allow me to stay, it would not break my heart.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The vote was boycotted by MPs of Pheu Thai Party, the biggest opposition party, which walked out of the chamber toward the end of the censure debate on Thursday night after it failed to convince the House to extend the debating time.

What do you expect by boycotting? This is not how the will of your electors is respected!
It looks more and more like the Italian-style political system!

On 2/28/2020 at 11:55 AM, keith101 said:

After having one party removed they where always going to win the vote .

But hopefully NOT in the long run......I haven't yet met one student who likes these people.

This might be the reason that many of my ex-students are/were in Bangkok to show that they dislike them/.

Even foreigners are aware of the fact that the votes were manipulated. 

Here's one where Wasita, an ex student told me to post it visible to foreigners.

She's on the photo and she'll do all that the nightmare has an end.

And I couldn't agree more with her. 

My student in Bangkok.jpg

Edited by Isaanbiker