APEC card Poipet border crossing

I'm an APEC card holder and need to go on a day trip to Cambodia, travelling by car, and am concerned about making a same-day re-entry to Thailand. Was wondering if anyone on the forum has had any problems at Poipet (Aranyaprathet) or Prum (Chantaburi) or other land-crossings using an APEC card. Thanks!

I suggest also including your nationality in your query. At some crossings, that is at least as relevant as the APEC card.

I would suggest avoiding Poipet on general principles. At other crossings, you should be OK on the Thai side, but may need to pay Cambodian immigration to be allowed same day return. There is a Cambodian law that mandates an overnight stay unless you have a multiple entry business visa for Cambodia.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pawpal said:

Would a better option for same day re-entry to Thailand be the Myanmar Ban Phu Nam Ron border crossing? (I'll be driving from Bangkok.) I'm concerned about whether or not they have experience with the APEC card.

At Ban Phu Nam Ron, they just want your money. You should be absolutely fine there. They have a mild scam going, but it still works out cheaper than using Cambodia. Incidentally, unless things have changed, the APEC card is of little value when entering Thailand by land. The US is not a full member, and the APEC card mostly just provides fast track entry at airports.

• Like 1

Thanks again! 
I'm a permanent resident of Hong Kong so I have a Hong Kong APEC card and (so far at least) always been granted 3-month stays in Thailand. But always entering through airports. This will be my first time by land, hence my apprehension that the folks at Ban Phu Nam Ron might not be familiar with it. 

37 minutes ago, Pawpal said:

Thanks again! 
I'm a permanent resident of Hong Kong so I have a Hong Kong APEC card and (so far at least) always been granted 3-month stays in Thailand. But always entering through airports. This will be my first time by land, hence my apprehension that the folks at Ban Phu Nam Ron might not be familiar with it. 

Indeed, that is a possibility. Ban Phu Nam Ron is not an entry point used much by business travelers, though I would expect they would see the occasional Myanmar businessman arriving there.