22 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Do we still have to fill out the TM6 form as we enter Thailand. You know, the form they - around last August I think - said was shortly to be abolished?

There is an app for it, though as I am still in Thailand I cannot test it out as it will only let you enter data for an outgoing form once you have an incoming form. 

You fill in all the usual information then print your arrival card yourself.

41F1D752-6D2F-46D5-812B-8446F74F021D.thumb.png.aa0c1f57f9952b67e8fd2a5f624aac9d.png

8671FE56-00D5-447A-BC3C-A2EBB0B360FF.thumb.png.2554b55b315da37da8440707e65811d6.png97DC366E-A4FA-4FC0-B48A-18ED7819AB54.thumb.png.5f4426d1fdc506b3f47a2e6401c66dd3.png97E0F609-87A9-4A56-874D-BC8E1B0FEA43.thumb.png.ce6e04c02d14329d199b143e0c5a8ee7.png8522C883-4D3A-46FD-9EC1-A16E6AD48249.thumb.png.f5e2421cd441b2e1b059d8544de4813a.png

36AA71DC-0A56-435E-8DD1-7A81E9965928.thumb.png.480267b1d73c1241867c09d0c39a0bb7.png

44 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There is an app for it, though as I am still in Thailand I cannot test it out as it will only let you enter data for an outgoing form once you have an incoming form. 

You fill in all the usual information then print your arrival card yourself.

That's interesting and new news to me. How nice of them, bringing up to date a form that many countries abolished years ago as no longer necessary. However, I always carry a 'form in advance' so can still fill one out, as they put it, in the comfort of my home or office ???? Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, stouricks said:

A link to the app please. 

So you print your TM6 at home, before you fly in, give the IO the arrival part, keep the departure bit in your passport to give to the IO on departure, yes?

I have found this link but it is an Android App only and it appears by some of the comments that it does not work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.etm6&hl=en_US

31 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I have found this link but it is an Android App only and it appears by some of the comments that it does not work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.etm6&hl=en_US

The one I show is an iOS app. As I mentioned I haven’t been able to try it out yet so i have no idea if it functions.

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

It is on the Apple App Store and not difficult to find.

7 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The one I show is an iOS app. As I mentioned I haven’t been able to try it out yet so i have no idea if it functions.

It is on the Apple App Store and not difficult to find.

Thanks, got it on Playstore. But it looks like you do it once for arrival, and again for departure. Do you not keep a bit in your passport?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

So you print your TM6 at home, before you fly in, give the IO the arrival part, keep the departure bit in your passport to give to the IO on departure, yes?

Yes. Bear in mind you will also need the number on the TM6 if you change your address.

47 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Could not find it on the App Store on my iPhone; could you name the full name of the app so I could find it please? 

The search string is “royal thai police”

???? Or you can try this ???? if you don’t like searching the App Store 

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 11:29 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

That's interesting and new news to me. How nice of them, bringing up to date a form that many countries abolished years ago as no longer necessary. However, I always carry a 'form in advance' so can still fill one out, as they put it, in the comfort of my home or office ???? Thanks.

"I always carry a 'form in advance' so can still fill one out, as they put it, in the comfort of my home or office."

Yeah, it's so difficult to fill in the TM6-card while onboard the airplane. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, VBF said:

Quite agree - relieves the boredom of the flight too - bonus!

Unfortunately, for some, though, the flight experience appears to be so full of riveting, nail-biting excitement that they completely overlook the need to complete the form until they are face-to-face with the IO in Arrivals. I've found myself stuck in a queue behind such people quite a few times over the years.????

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Unfortunately, for some, though, the flight experience appears to be so full of riveting, nail-biting excitement that they completely overlook the need to complete the form until they are face-to-face with the IO in Arrivals. I've found myself stuck in a queue behind such people quite a few times over the years.????

Yeah and none of those useless morons ever carries a pen! ????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Max69xl said:

"I always carry a 'form in advance' so can still fill one out, as they put it, in the comfort of my home or office."

Yeah, it's so difficult to fill in the TM6-card while onboard the airplane. 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic for no reason at all, or if you agree with me that's more comfortable doing in at home rather than in a cramped peasants-class seat on the plane. If you prefer the latter, I'm fine with that, as I'm sure you're fine with me filling the form out in advance.