Ford Everest re-spray?

Batty

Hi there.  I have a 2016 Everest, I have looked after the car mechanicly and it is in great shape, but the look of it is slightly beaten up here and there.  Nothing serious (never had a bump while driving), but it does have maybe a dozen small nicks here and there - from opening the driver door and hitting the concrete post on my drive or other people opening there doors on me.  Stuff like that, again nothing serious just very small 'nicks' here and there but quite a few of them.  I have a giant breed dog with paws like a bear who has jumped up on the back of the car a few times thinking he is getting in the car, and scratched the rear bumper.  Just small stuff like that.  I plan on selling the car over the next month or two and any pottential buyer is absolutley going to be put off by this.

Can anyone suggest a shop who can do a touch up job?  A full re-spray is not needed, just a patch up if that is even possible?  Anywhere between Bangkok and general isarn area, I am willing to travel and leave it with them for a few days for a good reliable shop.  I am reticent to do this without a firm reccomendation because I have had real dramas with spray shops over the years here.  I used to own a few restored classic motorbikes and with each one would try and find a good shop to do the paint - maybe three times I have done this - each time they would quote 3 or 4 weeks and it would take 6 months, then when finaly complete would come back with issues having done a terrible job.  One shop who is supposed to be good left all the bike panels to dry in the sun for 3 days, totaly unprotected I later found out (despite having an oven) and came back with bits of sand stuck on the paint.  I asked him why he left it in the open air to dry and the idiot replied 'sun is free, oven is not'.  he used all the 2k paint I brought him and resprayed with cheap paint, again I later found out. 

So I want to get this done, but im being cautious here.  Only with firm fellow ferang suggested paint shops!

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks so much.

Don't know if it's any good for you but I have just had a job done on my Tuna pearl white lump, had it done in Kamphaeng Phet at Noi Kahnchang. 055716496. They have other mobile No: N/B you will have to speak Thai.

Have just spent 2 weeks in Pattaya with family and some plonker marked the front bumper & a bit on the wing. Took it in yesterday 27th and they had finished it this morning 28th. They will not do a localised bit only a full panel.

What sort of job did they do well first class looks like new. Colour match perfect. They painted the full front panel wing to wing. Not a strait forward job as a lot of masking, cost was 3k BHT. Snap of the repaired bit.

IMGP0010 (3).JPG

I have used and also recommended to someone else who was very happy with their work.

Now it is in the soi directly after Tri Petch on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road.  DO NOT GO PAST the soi, it is a long U-turn!   Best to drive into Tri Petch, in error!, and then out and into the next Soi ..only a few meters further on.. It's up the soi on the right...can't miss it. A lady owns it, price might be negotiable.    

If it is the white ...good luck getting a match!

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I have used and also recommended to someone else who was very happy with their work.

Now it is in the soi directly after Tri Petch on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road.  DO NOT GO PAST the soi, it is a long U-turn!   Best to drive into Tri Petch, in error!, and then out and into the next Soi ..only a few meters further on.. It's up the soi on the right...can't miss it. A lady owns it, price might be negotiable.    

Or silver.....????

35 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Yes... and the MY16 white is Pearl White....FYL if you have that.

I have the new pearl white Tuna and my place did a perfect match on that.

I also used the same peeps for a front offside door, Bonnet (Hood) on my last white Tuna and that was also spot on.

Regards Silver, my first Vigo was silver and I had the N/S front wing replaced, due to some plonker opening his door as I drove past. Used another local garage and that also looked like new when finished. Still does. I had a gander at my old Vigo last week as the peeps I sold it to popped round and it still looked as it did no fading at all, that's after 12+ years.  It just depends on who you use ANY colour can be matched.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I have the new pearl white Tuna and my place did a perfect match on that.

I also used the same peeps for a front offside door, Bonnet (Hood) on my last white Tuna and that was also spot on.

Regards Silver, my first Vigo was silver and I had the N/S front wing replaced, due to some plonker opening his door as I drove past. Used another local garage and that also looked like new when finished. Still does. I had a gander at my old Vigo last week as the peeps I sold it to popped round and it still looked as it did no fading at all, that's after 12+ years.  It just depends on who you use ANY colour can be matched.   

When you get your cataracts done, take another look....????

The introduction of modern paints with clear coat has made it a lot easier for painters to do a trouble free match, but not always, silver is a nightmare to match, so much so drifting paint into a way bigger area helps hide a mismatch...

1 minute ago, transam said:

When you get your cataracts done, take another look....????

The introduction of modern paints with clear coat has made it a lot easier for painters to do a trouble free match, but not always, silver is a nightmare to match, so much so drifting paint into a way bigger area helps hide a mismatch...

Sorry but you haven't a clue what your talking about. As usual. What part of my post on my silver Vigo did you not understand??? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

A decent painter can colour match silvers. Not every shop is dodgy so no need for the personal attacks on Fredbo.

In saying that all my vehicles here have been black and they do struggle with colour matching that, I do seek out the cheap shops though.

Have just taken another snap of my Tuna. I cant see even with my bad eyes anything wrong with the Colour match on the front panel I have just had done on my pearl white Tuna.

IMGP0013 (3).JPG

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

Have just taken another snap of my Tuna. I cant see even with my bad eyes anything wrong with the Colour match on the front panel I have just had done on my pearl white Tuna.

Did they paint the full bumper or blend it out ?

you mention the wing as well, hows to colour match from wing to door ?

Whites typically are not hard to match, even with the pearl.

30 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry but you haven't a clue what your talking about. As usual. What part of my post on my silver Vigo did you not understand??? 

I understand what you said, you have a perfect colour match, well done.........????

27 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

A decent painter can colour match silvers. Not every shop is dodgy so no need for the personal attacks on Fredbo.

In saying that all my vehicles here have been black and they do struggle with colour matching that, I do seek out the cheap shops though.

No personal attack, a bit of fun and a little doubt....????

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Did they paint the full bumper or blend it out ?

you mention the wing as well, hows to colour match from wing to door ?

Whites typically are not hard to match, even with the pearl.

Painted the whole front bumper & wing to the N/S front door. My place will not just blend in as they say Blending is no good.

Two more quick snaps sorry no directly in the sun but it's a perfect match.

IMGP0014 (3).JPG

IMGP0015 (3).JPG

Painted the whole front bumper & wing to the N/S front door. My place will not just blend in as they say Blending is no good.

Defo looks decent and a standard I would expect from a qualified painter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

No personal attack, a bit of fun and a little doubt....????

Maybe you should listen to peeps at times you might learn something.

I can remember when I told you of the price Toyo charge for a service using full Syn oil and you didn't believe me then. As you were paying a lot more at your Quick place. Then demanded my bill to prove same.

Not going down the route of my window tints post I put in, suffice to say you were incorrect then as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

IMGP0014 (3).JPG

IMGP0015 (3).JPG

So your top-notch shop do not know how to blend/drift paint, obviously because they haven't the expertise....????

17 hours ago, JAS21 said:

"...good luck getting a match"

That's some recommendation; he wants a good job doing!  Getting a good match is not difficult for any half-decent bodyshop.

58 minutes ago, transam said:

So your top-notch shop do not know how to blend/drift paint, obviously because they haven't the expertise....????

you only blend when you cannot colour match, back in your day when they used lacquer to paint vehicles blending was a required skill, technology and education these days has eliminated that...unless the painter is useless.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Haha 1

Just wondering if paint shops (not the dealer) have premixed colours from the manufacturer or they are required to mix their own paints in the shop. My wife got a door repainted in "boost blue" for her swift. It looks the same from some angles, but as soon as the car came out of the shop I could tell it didn't look the same. Told my wife but she wasn't bothered to complain about it. So I'm wondering if the bodyshop is mixing the paint themselves. That probably expains why it doesn't look the same. 

• Like 1

I just lost a side skirt on my car recently so had the unfortunate situation of having to find a bodyshop.   I was a little concerned as even though I am quite knowledgeable about auto body repair...how would I convey that to a non English speaking shop?

Luckily, I found a place in Bangkok where the owner (manager?) spoke near fluent English. (He lived in Denver, Co) There were no issues and the work was done quickly (I sourced the used part myself) and it was surprisingly inexpensive.

http://tscollisiongarage.com  The guys name is Nat

Edited by Airalee

1 minute ago, DavisH said:

Just wondering if paint shops (not the dealer) have premixed colours from the manufacturer or they are required to mix their own paints in the shop. My wife got a door repainted in "boost blue" for her swift. It looks the same from some angles, but as soon as the car came out of the shop I could tell it didn't look the same. Told my wife but she wasn't bothered to complain about it. So I'm wondering if the bodyshop is mixing the paint themselves. That probably expains why it doesn't look the same. 

Every car colour has a code, they give the code to the paint supplier then they mix it from base colours.......

Every car colour has a code, they give the code to the paint supplier then they mix it from base colours.......

And a decent spray painter will spray a sample to check against the vehicle and will correct it for any hue change or fading.

6 hours ago, Don Mega said:

And a decent spray painter will spray a sample to check against the vehicle and will correct it for any hue change or fading.

Body shops always warned me against buying those metallic blues.  You know of the reason for that? (Asking seriously)

On 2/28/2020 at 3:02 PM, fredob43 said:

Don't know if it's any good for you but I have just had a job done on my Tuna pearl white lump, had it done in Kamphaeng Phet at Noi Kahnchang. 055716496. They have other mobile No: N/B you will have to speak Thai.

Have just spent 2 weeks in Pattaya with family and some plonker marked the front bumper & a bit on the wing. Took it in yesterday 27th and they had finished it this morning 28th. They will not do a localised bit only a full panel.

What sort of job did they do well first class looks like new. Colour match perfect. They painted the full front panel wing to wing. Not a strait forward job as a lot of masking, cost was 3k BHT. Snap of the repaired bit.

IMGP0010 (3).JPG

Looks like you got a good deal if the orange peel was included.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, alacrity said:

Looks like you got a good deal if the orange peel was included.

No orange peal on this job. Just take a look at the other snaps I put in Fords have that finish.

It does look a bit flat....????

That's because the front was in the shade and the wing was in the light. In real time they both look the same. Suggest you look at the other snaps I put in.

Oh and by the way to do a good job a full painted section will be better than a blown in one. Time to get up to date think your still living in the 60s.

No orange peal on this job. Just take a look at the other snaps I put in Fords have that finish.

That's because the front was in the shade and the wing was in the light. In real time they both look the same. Suggest you look at the other snaps I put in.

Oh and by the way to do a good job a full painted section will be better than a blown in one. Time to get up to date think your still living in the 60s.

No, "I" used cellulose paint back then......:stoner: