Jump to content
BANGKOK
Batty

Ford Everest re-spray?

Recommended Posts

Hi there.  I have a 2016 Everest, I have looked after the car mechanicly and it is in great shape, but the look of it is slightly beaten up here and there.  Nothing serious (never had a bump while driving), but it does have maybe a dozen small nicks here and there - from opening the driver door and hitting the concrete post on my drive or other people opening there doors on me.  Stuff like that, again nothing serious just very small 'nicks' here and there but quite a few of them.  I have a giant breed dog with paws like a bear who has jumped up on the back of the car a few times thinking he is getting in the car, and scratched the rear bumper.  Just small stuff like that.  I plan on selling the car over the next month or two and any pottential buyer is absolutley going to be put off by this.

 

Can anyone suggest a shop who can do a touch up job?  A full re-spray is not needed, just a patch up if that is even possible?  Anywhere between Bangkok and general isarn area, I am willing to travel and leave it with them for a few days for a good reliable shop.  I am reticent to do this without a firm reccomendation because I have had real dramas with spray shops over the years here.  I used to own a few restored classic motorbikes and with each one would try and find a good shop to do the paint - maybe three times I have done this - each time they would quote 3 or 4 weeks and it would take 6 months, then when finaly complete would come back with issues having done a terrible job.  One shop who is supposed to be good left all the bike panels to dry in the sun for 3 days, totaly unprotected I later found out (despite having an oven) and came back with bits of sand stuck on the paint.  I asked him why he left it in the open air to dry and the idiot replied 'sun is free, oven is not'.  he used all the 2k paint I brought him and resprayed with cheap paint, again I later found out. 

 

So I want to get this done, but im being cautious here.  Only with firm fellow ferang suggested paint shops!

 

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if it's any good for you but I have just had a job done on my Tuna pearl white lump, had it done in Kamphaeng Phet at Noi Kahnchang. 055716496. They have other mobile No: N/B you will have to speak Thai.

 

Have just spent 2 weeks in Pattaya with family and some plonker marked the front bumper & a bit on the wing. Took it in yesterday 27th and they had finished it this morning 28th. They will not do a localised bit only a full panel.

 

What sort of job did they do well first class looks like new. Colour match perfect. They painted the full front panel wing to wing. Not a strait forward job as a lot of masking, cost was 3k BHT. Snap of the repaired bit.

   

IMGP0010 (3).JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used and also recommended to someone else who was very happy with their work.

 

Now it is in the soi directly after Tri Petch on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road.  DO NOT GO PAST the soi, it is a long U-turn!   Best to drive into Tri Petch, in error!, and then out and into the next Soi ..only a few meters further on.. It's up the soi on the right...can't miss it. A lady owns it, price might be negotiable.    

 

If it is the white ...good luck getting a match!

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I have used and also recommended to someone else who was very happy with their work.

 

Now it is in the soi directly after Tri Petch on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road.  DO NOT GO PAST the soi, it is a long U-turn!   Best to drive into Tri Petch, in error!, and then out and into the next Soi ..only a few meters further on.. It's up the soi on the right...can't miss it. A lady owns it, price might be negotiable.    

 

If it is the white ...good luck getting a match!

Or silver.....😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, transam said:

Or silver.....😋

Yes... and the MY16 white is Pearl White....FYL if you have that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Yes... and the MY16 white is Pearl White....FYL if you have that.

I have the new pearl white Tuna and my place did a perfect match on that.

I also used the same peeps for a front offside door, Bonnet (Hood) on my last white Tuna and that was also spot on.

 

Regards Silver, my first Vigo was silver and I had the N/S front wing replaced, due to some plonker opening his door as I drove past. Used another local garage and that also looked like new when finished. Still does. I had a gander at my old Vigo last week as the peeps I sold it to popped round and it still looked as it did no fading at all, that's after 12+ years.  It just depends on who you use ANY colour can be matched.   

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I have the new pearl white Tuna and my place did a perfect match on that.

I also used the same peeps for a front offside door, Bonnet (Hood) on my last white Tuna and that was also spot on.

 

Regards Silver, my first Vigo was silver and I had the N/S front wing replaced, due to some plonker opening his door as I drove past. Used another local garage and that also looked like new when finished. Still does. I had a gander at my old Vigo last week as the peeps I sold it to popped round and it still looked as it did no fading at all, that's after 12+ years.  It just depends on who you use ANY colour can be matched.   

 

 

When you get your cataracts done, take another look....😂

 

The introduction of modern paints with clear coat has made it a lot easier for painters to do a trouble free match, but not always, silver is a nightmare to match, so much so drifting paint into a way bigger area helps hide a mismatch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, transam said:

When you get your cataracts done, take another look....😂

 

The introduction of modern paints with clear coat has made it a lot easier for painters to do a trouble free match, but not always, silver is a nightmare to match, so much so drifting paint into a way bigger area helps hide a mismatch...

Sorry but you haven't a clue what your talking about. As usual. What part of my post on my silver Vigo did you not understand??? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

A decent painter can colour match silvers. Not every shop is dodgy so no need for the personal attacks on Fredbo.

 

In saying that all my vehicles here have been black and they do struggle with colour matching that, I do seek out the cheap shops though.

Have just taken another snap of my Tuna. I cant see even with my bad eyes anything wrong with the Colour match on the front panel I have just had done on my pearl white Tuna.

 

IMGP0013 (3).JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

Have just taken another snap of my Tuna. I cant see even with my bad eyes anything wrong with the Colour match on the front panel I have just had done on my pearl white Tuna.

 

 

Did they paint the full bumper or blend it out ?

 

you mention the wing as well, hows to colour match from wing to door ?

 

Whites typically are not hard to match, even with the pearl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry but you haven't a clue what your talking about. As usual. What part of my post on my silver Vigo did you not understand??? 

I understand what you said, you have a perfect colour match, well done.........😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

A decent painter can colour match silvers. Not every shop is dodgy so no need for the personal attacks on Fredbo.

 

In saying that all my vehicles here have been black and they do struggle with colour matching that, I do seek out the cheap shops though.

No personal attack, a bit of fun and a little doubt....😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

Did they paint the full bumper or blend it out ?

 

you mention the wing as well, hows to colour match from wing to door ?

 

Whites typically are not hard to match, even with the pearl.

Painted the whole front bumper & wing to the N/S front door. My place will not just blend in as they say Blending is no good.

Two more quick snaps sorry no directly in the sun but it's a perfect match.

 

IMGP0014 (3).JPG

IMGP0015 (3).JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...