BANGKOK
sadeghsep

Coronavirus, Chiang wattana and marriage extension

Hi since the coronavirus is getting a bigger concern day by day and a temperature monitor is completely useless for this new virus since it can easily spreads without any symptoms

I need to extend my visa in April and i have a small daughter which it's really hard to control a kid to not play around 

Is there any news that they do some special action for those have children or make some local branches or at least some branches in open area ?

I'm really worry about this 

Annoying my wife and kid every year for 1 or 2 days because of my visa is enough this is an addition which i really don't know what to do 

• Haha 1

not sure if you're talking about your child or children in particular being had to control? i see parents with children of all ages every time i go to CW, i've never seen any issues with the behavior of these children.

if you're worried CW is a big place so just take a friend who can supervise your child in the expansive public areas while you do your business.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Would it be possible to have somebody to take care of you daughter while you are at immigration?

I don't think immigration has or will make any special arrangement for children.

It seems a lot for asking someone to help in working hours but i guess this is my last solution 

But i hope at least they will rethink about some arrangements 

Thanks

22 minutes ago, samsensam said:

not sure if you're talking about your child or children in particular being had to control? i see parents with children of all ages every time i go to CW, i've never seen any issues with the behavior of these children.

if you're worried CW is a big place so just take a friend who can supervise your child in the expansive public areas while you do your business.

Probably you are not a parent with yourself and you don't understand my concern

Edited by sadeghsep
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, sadeghsep said:

You worry to much, people go to work everyday in huge offices, children go to school. Children aren't more vulnerable to corona. People with lung problems are.

Edited by FritsSikkink

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Would it be possible to have somebody to take care of you daughter while you are at immigration?

I don't think immigration has or will make any special arrangement for children.

Once I was at CW with my 1 year old daughter, I politely asked how long the wait was, as it was approaching nap time. She took my number, fished out my passport and I was done and dusted in 5 minutes.

Most immigration officers are female and they do have a heart after all.

Kids are great. Also make you waltz through the fast lane at the airport.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Once I was at CW with my 1 year old daughter, I politely asked how long the wait was, as it was approaching nap time. She took my number, fished out my passport and I was done and dusted in 5 minutes.

Most immigration officers are female and they do have a heart after all.

Thanks for your information , I'm so happy to hear that now I'm a bit more comfortable because last year i didn't see like that behavior and i was there from 7:00 to 17:00+ because of TM30 and my girl been sick for over a week after that event

20 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You worry to much, people go to work everyday in huge offices, children go to school. Children aren't more vulnerable to corona. People with lung problems are.

That's true but in cw is a different story ,we don't know who went where and who is there for what , some for extending tourist visa and a lot of other reasons or even some for only asking questions  , plus now I'm observing parents bring their children in public areas much less than before , currently when we want to buy something it's only me or my wife goes for shopping , only one second and a small scratching eyes for a kid is enough which they are curious and they are playful all the time

20 hours ago, sadeghsep said:

Understand but this does not seem to be a serious issue for children as few get symptoms and none under age 9 have died.  This appears much more of a concern for the elderly and especially those elderly with health issues.  As I have reported CW is temperature sensing all and although that is not effective against those without symptoms about the best that can be done without isolation (no need for updating paperwork).

21 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I've taken my 18 month old son on a visa run with me before, just for that 😄

On 2/28/2020 at 2:05 PM, sadeghsep said:

It seems a lot for asking someone to help in working hours but i guess this is my last solution 

But i hope at least they will rethink about some arrangements 

Thanks

Your wife cannot look after your child while you go about your business?

4 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Your wife cannot look after your child while you go about your business?

Wife is required part of marriage extension.