Coronavirus, Chiang wattana and marriage extension

Hi since the coronavirus is getting a bigger concern day by day and a temperature monitor is completely useless for this new virus since it can easily spreads without any symptoms

I need to extend my visa in April and i have a small daughter which it's really hard to control a kid to not play around 

Is there any news that they do some special action for those have children or make some local branches or at least some branches in open area ?

I'm really worry about this 

Annoying my wife and kid every year for 1 or 2 days because of my visa is enough this is an addition which i really don't know what to do 

• Haha 1

not sure if you're talking about your child or children in particular being had to control? i see parents with children of all ages every time i go to CW, i've never seen any issues with the behavior of these children.

if you're worried CW is a big place so just take a friend who can supervise your child in the expansive public areas while you do your business.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Would it be possible to have somebody to take care of you daughter while you are at immigration?

I don't think immigration has or will make any special arrangement for children.

It seems a lot for asking someone to help in working hours but i guess this is my last solution 

But i hope at least they will rethink about some arrangements 

Thanks

22 minutes ago, samsensam said:

not sure if you're talking about your child or children in particular being had to control? i see parents with children of all ages every time i go to CW, i've never seen any issues with the behavior of these children.

if you're worried CW is a big place so just take a friend who can supervise your child in the expansive public areas while you do your business.

Probably you are not a parent with yourself and you don't understand my concern

Edited by sadeghsep
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, sadeghsep said:

You worry to much, people go to work everyday in huge offices, children go to school. Children aren't more vulnerable to corona. People with lung problems are.

Edited by FritsSikkink

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Would it be possible to have somebody to take care of you daughter while you are at immigration?

I don't think immigration has or will make any special arrangement for children.

Once I was at CW with my 1 year old daughter, I politely asked how long the wait was, as it was approaching nap time. She took my number, fished out my passport and I was done and dusted in 5 minutes.

Most immigration officers are female and they do have a heart after all.

Kids are great. Also make you waltz through the fast lane at the airport.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Once I was at CW with my 1 year old daughter, I politely asked how long the wait was, as it was approaching nap time. She took my number, fished out my passport and I was done and dusted in 5 minutes.

Most immigration officers are female and they do have a heart after all.

Kids are great. Also make you waltz through the fast lane at the airport.

Thanks for your information , I'm so happy to hear that now I'm a bit more comfortable because last year i didn't see like that behavior and i was there from 7:00 to 17:00+ because of TM30 and my girl been sick for over a week after that event

20 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You worry to much, people go to work everyday in huge offices, children go to school. Children aren't more vulnerable to corona. People with lung problems are.

That's true but in cw is a different story ,we don't know who went where and who is there for what , some for extending tourist visa and a lot of other reasons or even some for only asking questions  , plus now I'm observing parents bring their children in public areas much less than before , currently when we want to buy something it's only me or my wife goes for shopping , only one second and a small scratching eyes for a kid is enough which they are curious and they are playful all the time

20 hours ago, sadeghsep said:

Understand but this does not seem to be a serious issue for children as few get symptoms and none under age 9 have died.  This appears much more of a concern for the elderly and especially those elderly with health issues.  As I have reported CW is temperature sensing all and although that is not effective against those without symptoms about the best that can be done without isolation (no need for updating paperwork).

23 hours ago, sadeghsep said:

That's true but in cw is a different story ,we don't know who went where and who is there for what , some for extending tourist visa and a lot of other reasons or even some for only asking questions  , plus now I'm observing parents bring their children in public areas much less than before , currently when we want to buy something it's only me or my wife goes for shopping , only one second and a small scratching eyes for a kid is enough which they are curious and they are playful all the time

What makes CW different from a department store, BTS, MRT or school. See kids all the time.

• Like 1

People just don't get it. It's widely understood that exposure to large & dense crowds increases exposure to the virus. Even more so at CW which, by definition, hosts hundreds of international travelers.  The OP's question is valid.  An adult will wear a mask, watch out for people sneezing, not touch his face, etc.  A child -- not so much.

it's a valid concern, and no reason to ridicule or demean the gentleman for asking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In case anyone is wondering, quick sitrep of Cheang Wattana from a few days back:

• It was packed, but staff were on the ball, things seemed to move along pretty quick.
  • Arrived around 7am, got a ticket, just under 300 in the queue. Office opened at 8:30. They placed fluro stickers on people's clothing to indicate they had been in the queue.
  • Most people were wearing surgical masks, a few N95s. More than a few people wearing them around their neck or leaving their nose exposed. A couple people had safety goggles, too.
  • Officers at entrance had gloves. Staff inside the room (after the queuing) had no gloves.
  • Seen staff walking around holding together stacks of passports. Probably usual way of doing things but in the current situation, pretty unsanitary IMO.
  • No temperature checking that I noticed, as has been referenced elsewhere - perhaps that was introduced in the past few days. Staff with surgical masks seen temperature checking each other and mostly either laughing it off or upset about it. I really feel for the staff in this situation, just the anxiety must be horrible.
  • If you're wondering about demographics - plenty of people from all over. A lot of Chinese, obviously, and seen a lot of Japanese passports.
  • Yes, children there in prams and whatnot. Seen kid taking off mask to scratch his nose. 
  • Yes, people coughing blatantly in the packed room, and also people trying to hide their cough.
  • Yes, a bit of anxiety around the issue but we figured it was better to extend than get on a plane at the moment. Been holed up for a few days now just incase. Hope it was the right decision, we will see... The whole wu flu situation seems bad overall, misinformation everywhere though, could be a lot better or worse than it's portrayed to be in the media and hysterical forum posts (*looks cautiously at what I just wrote here*) - hoping it's the former.

21 minutes ago, saltedegg said:

No temperature checking that I noticed, as has been referenced elsewhere - perhaps that was introduced in the past few days. Staff with surgical masks seen temperature checking each other and mostly either laughing it off or upset about it. I really feel for the staff in this situation, just the anxiety must be horrible.

2 weeks ago they were using forehead temperature sensors on everyone at entrance prior to placing sticker on you - expect they may have converted to using computer monitor temperature sensor as hospitals/banks are using.

5 hours ago, USNret said:

People just don't get it. It's widely understood that exposure to large & dense crowds increases exposure to the virus. Even more so at CW which, by definition, hosts hundreds of international travelers.  The OP's question is valid.  An adult will wear a mask, watch out for people sneezing, not touch his face, etc.  A child -- not so much.

it's a valid concern, and no reason to ridicule or demean the gentleman for asking. 

It is more dangerous to travel to CW with the amount of traffic accidents here.

Edited by FritsSikkink

On 2/29/2020 at 4:08 PM, berybert said:

You're worried about taking your kid to CW because she/he might catch corna, but have no worries going there yourself and taking the virus home with you too pass on to her ?
Some people worry far to much.

Adults will try to careful as much as possible but children don't understand the situation , did you ever see a kid use mask correctly ? They will try to take it off very fast as soon as they feel warm , do you think children really understand after touch anything they need to clean their hand before they touch their eyes or mouth , again no one understands what I'm saying unless they are parents 

I think moving branches in open areas which there is plenty of open area is available there or they accept applications online by getting appointment before for those they are in second extension or more could help to control this situation

I really don't mind i pay more for services fee also as I'm sure that most parents will agree with me 

Trying to reduce crowd in their is even good for officers and stuffs also if only new cases are obligated to represent themselves there , most people they are in second extension or so they have all documents completely , it's even good for elderly also

This problem is getting worse day by day 

10 hours ago, USNret said:

Thanks 

I'm pretty sure if we even have one infected person in there adults may escape by a bit extra care but kids are mostly will be infected just a second and finger in mouth or scratching eyes and that's it , and they care infect parents also