Travel to Dubai

stament

• 1 month later...

As I understand it the UAE is only open for returning Citizens (usually through mutually agreed repatriation flights).

Residents of the UAE (i.e. foreigners with UAE residency / work visas) are not permitted to enter the UAE unless under 'pre-approved circumstances'

The lockdown in the UAE is exceptionally strict - Permit to go outside, have to wear a mask (gloves are now optional).

• 9 months later...

Traveling to Dubai is now possible, and no quarantine.

However, to go back to Thailand from Dubai, note that it is not possible, for tourists, to apply for the 30 day Tourist Visa, nor the Special Tourist Visa from the UAE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2020 at 11:06 PM, richard_smith237 said:

As I understand it the UAE is only open for returning Citizens (usually through mutually agreed repatriation flights).

Residents of the UAE (i.e. foreigners with UAE residency / work visas) are not permitted to enter the UAE unless under 'pre-approved circumstances'

The lockdown in the UAE is exceptionally strict - Permit to go outside, have to wear a mask (gloves are now optional).

My brother is currently in DXB out on the <deleted> every night, no restrictions at all, he sends me photo's all the time of tarts he's been picking up, it's like UN, take your pick.

He arrived there about 6 weeks ago but is now snookered, can't get into Kuwait to work, can't go back to UK ( without doing quarantine ) and can't come here ( without doing quarantine ).

No end in sight!