Looking for American Coffee (drinking) Buddy

bikerlou47

After reading the OP post.... 

I answered..

Not true

Yes, I do

Some, but not too much

Yes

I only want to know if the coffee was American..... cannot find anywhere here to buy Folgers Coffee.... 

Edited by Xavnel
Added

7 hours ago, Tagaa said:

but your criteria are such that you must hate Republicans and/or free thinking people that don't agree 100% with you.

Personally speaking, I'd never shy away from an intelligent conversation with someone of different views provided they were at least intellectually honest, as at least many Republicans USED to be.

But these days, including with many here, it's all parroting the nonsensical lies spouted daily by Trump and his minions as they go about aggressively trying sell their "Alternate Reality" facts and unfounded wackjob conspiracy theories.

It would be kind of the equivalent to trying to have an intelligent conversation about the Holocaust with someone who's a Holocaust denier. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Personally speaking, I'd never shy away from an intelligent conversation with someone of different views

That's pretty much what I said when I wrote " because I have friends with different and widely varied views - political, religious & otherwise."

Not only do I have friends with diametrically opposing view points, I actually do have discussions with these friends that have opposing view points. And we are still friends. Imagine that.

You are using the time old tactic of picking out a few words spoken by someone you don't 100% agree with & then attempting to use those few words to completely change the intended thought of the person you disagree with.

I'm gonna guess you are a Hillary supporter and are still <deleted> off that she is not President. My suggestion is you support Little Mikey, and if he gets the nod, he'll choose Hillary for his VP...then she'll have HIM killed (sorry, I meant he'll commit suicide) and then she will ascend to the throne that she thinks is rightfully hers.

It may be a good time for some introspection.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tagaa said:

That's pretty much what I said when I wrote " because I have friends with different and widely varied views - political, religious & otherwise."

Not only do I have friends with diametrically opposing view points, I actually do have discussions with these friends that have opposing view points. And we are still friends. Imagine that.

You are using the time old tactic of picking out a few words spoken by someone you don't 100% agree with & then attempting to use those few words to completely change the intended thought of the person you disagree with.

My comments weren't directed at you personally or meant as any personal criticism. I was just taking up the subject you broached about people of different views being able to have a conversation. I agree about that.

I was just adding the additional element of that being possible when the two parties are at least reasonably intellectually honest. There's a lot of people here who simply want to parrot demonstrably false and absurd political propaganda points and "Alternate Facts".  I have no idea whether that fits you or not. But in those kinds of cases, a legitimate serious discussion simply isn't possible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No, that description does not fit me.

I do think that the OP would fit that description as he has made his friendship with another American conditional on a very narrow political view. I'm more like Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan. They were diametrically opposed during the business day, but after business of the day was completed, Tip would leave the Hill, go to the White house and have a drink with Regan in the Oval Office. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I think they may have even enjoyed a few innings together while having the aforementioned adult beverage. It's sad, but I can't imagine Pelosi or Schumer doing that today, and if they did, they would be excoriated by the MSM.

I do think I fit in the Regan/O'neil model.

• Sad 1

On 2/28/2020 at 3:38 PM, bikerlou47 said:

IF you know the president is a totally <deleted> idiot

17 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

There are some trump bashing groups active on TV whose company you would enjoy

but they seem to have receded for now.

I think the first IF of the OP makes a lot of sense. It does not make sense to waste time with [insert adjective] people.

And the reason that Trump bashing is sometimes not so strong here is because people who criticize him or his supporters are regularly suspended from this forum. (for the record: this is a statement and no criticism).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/29/2020 at 9:18 PM, Tagaa said:

I'm gonna guess you are a Hillary supporter and are still <deleted> off that she is not President. My suggestion is you support Little Mikey, and if he gets the nod, he'll choose Hillary for his VP...then she'll have HIM killed (sorry, I meant he'll commit suicide) and then she will ascend to the throne that she thinks is rightfully hers.

I guess you missed the following from the OP?

On 2/28/2020 at 3:38 PM, bikerlou47 said:

Haters please dont waste your time

• Like 1