Best browser for TM30

Seems to be a very poorly designed website on and off for me using both Chrome and Firefox.

Is it any better with Internet Explorer or any other browser, Opera, Brave, Safari etc

Would it make any difference accessing website via Phone Tablet or PC please?

As other have noted seems to be no code for Don Muang Airport, any ideas?

It should work OK with Chrome. What exactly is the problem you having.

You could try using the app on a tablet or phone. Links for apps are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/tm30_mobile_service

It appears that Don Muang is listed as Bangkok Airport.

Translation of the codes shown on the TM30 xls file for use with online reporting.

00S07 Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration
00S08 Bangkok Airport Immigration
00S09 Chiang Mai Airport Immigration Checkpoint
00S10 Phuket Airport Immigration
00S11 Hat Yai Airport Immigration Checkpoint

• Like 2

Thanks for the codes , yes I had seen that just didn't realize Bangkok Airport was Don Muang assumed it was Swampy.

As for Chrome yes it works sometimes, I have good fiber optic net and no issues with any other sites, just wondered if it was designed for IE etc and therefore more relaible with another browser.

Thanks for the response

Edited by RubbaJohnny

59 minutes ago, RBOP said:

So reports that expats don't need to do TM28/30 are fake then?

The T28 form is not longer needed for reporting a stay out of your province for more than 24 hours. You now only need to do a TM27 form if you change your address that immigration has in the records.

No change to TM30 reporting other than at some offices.

1 hour ago, Saraburi121 said:

I use my Mac and Safari will not work at all.  Chrome works every time for me.

It will work on Safari if you use a user agent switcher for internet explorer. 

See: https://www.dummies.com/web-design-development/how-to-activate-user-agent-switcher-in-safari/

Same for online 90 day reporting.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It will work on Safari if you use a user agent switcher for internet explorer. 

See: https://www.dummies.com/web-design-development/how-to-activate-user-agent-switcher-in-safari/

Same for online 90 day reporting.

That link really surprised me, Safari for Windows! That died somewhere around 2012, although the instructions still apply to Mac version off the Safari-Preferences Menu.

In the current version of Safari, v13.0.5, IE is no longer listed; the only MS browser available is Microsoft Edge. Has anybody tried Edge to see if it works, now that MS has gone to building the browser on Chromium?

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 9.27.24 AM.jpg

8 minutes ago, PeteDaKat said:

Has anybody tried Edge to see if it works, now that MS has gone to building the browser on Chromium?

Not sure about Edge. Some reports of it not working for 90 day reporting.

All you could do is try Edge but Chrome does seem to work and it is mentioned on the the online TM30 site.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure about Edge. Some reports of it not working for 90 day reporting.

All you could do is try Edge but Chrome does seem to work and it is mentioned on the the online TM30 site.

Slight variations in the code even though Chrome, Brave and Edge are all Chromium based...

As long as there's a way to get through submitting the form, I'll be content with whatever gets me through the night.

My wife always use the android app without issue. 

Edir: Sorry can't find it. I think you need a google account with Thailand set as country. 

Edited by Tayaout

On 2/29/2020 at 10:16 AM, RubbaJohnny said:

Thanks for the codes , yes I had seen that just didn't realize Bangkok Airport was Don Muang assumed it was Swampy.

As for Chrome yes it works sometimes, I have good fiber optic net and no issues with any other sites, just wondered if it was designed for IE etc and therefore more relaible with another browser.

Thanks for the response

Why not try the phone app Section38 if you have problem with your browsers? 

36 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

My wife always use the android app without issue. 

I posted this link before where you can click a button for the apps.

On 2/28/2020 at 5:00 PM, ubonjoe said:

You could try using the app on a tablet or phone. Links for apps are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/tm30_mobile_service

On 2/28/2020 at 11:00 AM, ubonjoe said:

It should work OK with Chrome. What exactly is the problem you having.

It appears that Don Muang is listed as Bangkok Airport.

Translation of the codes shown on the TM30 xls file for use with online reporting.

00S07 Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration
00S08 Bangkok Airport Immigration
00S09 Chiang Mai Airport Immigration Checkpoint
00S10 Phuket Airport Immigration
00S11 Hat Yai Airport Immigration Checkpoint

When do I need to report what airport? I can not remember that it was asked for that in the TM30 when doing online reporting? But I might remember wrong.

7 minutes ago, Captor said:

When do I need to report what airport? I can not remember that it was asked for that in the TM30 when doing online reporting? But I might remember wrong.

It is needed for online TM30 reporting. The OP asked about it.

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is needed for online TM30 reporting. The OP asked about it.

Yes, I have reported online 3 times and can´t remember that I need to have that information in the TM30. But as I said, maybe I remember wrong.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:02 AM, ubonjoe said:

The T28 form is not longer needed for reporting a stay out of your province for more than 24 hours. You now only need to do a TM27 form if you change your address that immigration has in the records.

So as the condo owner I still have to report myself, wife and child. Sad.

9 minutes ago, RBOP said:

So as the condo owner I still have to report myself, wife and child. Sad.

Depends on local immmigration office requirements. if you are not visiting immigration for other business like an extension then nobody will be checking.

I tried to do TM30 a couple of weeks ago using latest Chrome on Win10 (all updated). There kept coming back some errors despite everything input correctly. I then tried Edge with same result. Even tried a different PC and got same errors. Finally I remembered a few years ago having to use Internet Explorer (IE). There is an IE tab extension that can be added to Chrome. Did that, logged into TM30, entered all the info and it worked perefect. IE was good for me and can be fount at ietab.net

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Depends on local immmigration office requirements. if you are not visiting immigration for other business like an extension then nobody will be checking.

Changwattana requires. 

On 3/2/2020 at 8:02 AM, ubonjoe said:

I have been told by a friend that although TM28 is no longer needed, my wife still has to do a TM30 when i return (not leaving Thailand), surely this is nonsense. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I have been told by a friend that although TM28 is no longer needed, my wife still has to do a TM30 when i return (not leaving Thailand), surely this is nonsense. 

It's no nonsense, TM30 notification is still required but there is little need to do so when your local IO does not enforce TM30 compliance.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

If you are returning to the same address as you left, it would appear so.

For about six years, I went and returned to the same condo from outside Thailand, blissfully unaware I was supposed to file a TM28/30 each time. No-one noticed, until it was picked up somehow doing a retirement extension.

Chiang Rai Immigration was pushing the TM30 app at me fairly insistently. When I click on ubonjoe's link, I'm told the app is incompatible with my systems.

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

For about six years, I went and returned to the same condo from outside Thailand, blissfully unaware I was supposed to file a TM28/30 each time. No-one noticed, until it was picked up somehow doing a retirement extension.

Chiang Rai Immigration was pushing the TM30 app at me fairly insistently. When I click on ubonjoe's link, I'm told the app is incompatible with my systems.

You can also use the TM30 IO website to register and subsequently file your TM30s on-line.

>> I did PM you a step-by-step instruction how to do it (it's easy, if you know how).

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You must register before and get a username and password.