Outrage as tourist leaves his mark on Nai Thon rocks

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Redline said:

I won’t cry, but it’s not like they destroyed a work of art.  Rocks are easier to clean than walls.  In one apartment I rented, I had one whole wall don buy a graffiti artist. 

If there wasn't a rock it would have been your or somebody else's wall. Same as thieves who go on holiday don't stop thieving..

• Like 1

Here's an existential offering re the graffitti: 

Our capacity to foul our natural world without any conscious felt experience of pain in doing so (or feeling pain at even contemplating doing such a thing) is a direct reflection of our distance for appreciating, loving, respecting and caring for ourselves.

Honestly it is ugly and there is no excuse for this garbage. I say make a big example of him for the graffiti, but no like off with his head, but slap his wallet a bit.. How much did those brilliant kids who sprayed the Chiang Mai wall have to pay and go through? 

On 2/28/2020 at 11:33 PM, AhFarangJa said:

He concluded with a stern warning: “We are responsible for the protection and maintenance of the National Park and this kind of act of vandalism will be punishable with a fine not exceeding 500 baht.”

NOT Exceeding 500 Baht...........A pathetic slap on the wrist..........

In the U.K......................

"Under the Criminal Damage Act 1971, anyone caught doing graffiti can face a prison sentence of up to ten years or fined if the damage costs more than £5,000."

I see seven items, 6 letters and and a picture. a creative judge could find him 3.500  bht plus the restoration cost. 

• Haha 1